Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-03-2007, 07:16 AM   #1  
Meg

Default What are you moving today? Accountability thread 10/1 - 7

I thought it would be a good idea to add an exercise accountability thread to go along with our eating one. After all, study after study shows that regular exercisers are the ones who keep the weight off!

Feel free to post what you're doing every day to keep moving, big or small. Most of us aren't going to run marathons, but we all can do something every day.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:19 AM   #2  
Meg

Back from my AM gym session. I did a 12 minute warm-up on the bike and then worked out my back. Today I did lat pulldowns, Hammer Strength low row, seated cable rows, DB pullovers, weighted hyperextensions, and the Power Crunch machine for abs. I felt strong today, so went heavy and stayed in the 8 rep range.

I'm planning on elliptical intervals later on this morning.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:23 AM   #3  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Today I am moving.... nothing. Haven't had a workout in over a week.

Oh wait, does it count that I scrubbed the bathroom and kitchen this morning, and dusted everywhere downstairs yesterday?
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

paperclippy, that TOTALLY counts! Scrubbing is "intense cleaning" and therefore gives you a full body workout and is great for your arms!

Me... 18 miles on my bike, 30 minute walk around work, and 10 minutes of abs exercises. These entail: 50 crunches, 5 sets of 20 leg lifts, two kinds of obliques exercises that are hard to describe, 50 reverse crunches, and this... butt lifting... exercise that is as difficult to describe as the obliques. I also did 20 push ups this morning. I normally do some basic hand weights stuff in the morning for 15 minutes-ish, but I didn't have time today.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 153/120

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks for starting this Meg. Today is my day off exercising because I have an early morning client. But I'll be back on my TM tomorrow.
In case you didn't see the question I asked in response to the butt exercises you gave me, could you check that thread.
I really appreciate being able to ask you questions.
KatieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:58 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Light day today: dog walking, about 1.25 miles, 30 or 35 minutes.

I'm taking my running stuff to Missouri and will try to run and walk one day each Friday and Saturday. Tomorrow and Sunday are shot with travel, unless lugging a stroller, a car seat, a toddler, bags, all while having an argument with DH counts. It might come to think of it.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

I have to go out running at least twice on M, W, or F. I went on Monday and I'll a little stiff after my FBWO yesterday, so today I opted to be lazy. I took the dog out for a walk, but I don't count that as exercise, just, 'not being entirely sedentary'. Last Wednesday I wound up taking myself to the gym after work for 45 mins of 'light' cardio. Maybe I'll do that again today. It's actually nice to NOT work at full tilt once in a while--it's relaxing rather than taxing.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:57 AM   #8  
Chuggin' along...

Today I plan to hopefully walk at lunchtime with my co-worker (~1 mile at a pretty good pace, about 4 mph), and do 1 hour of elliptical at the gym. I will do weight and abs either today or tomorrow, also (just depends on scheduling).

Yesterday I walked at lunchtime, and ran 4 miles at the gym, walked 3 more. This is exciting - after taking a break from running in the spring/summer I've been building my distance back up. Until now the furthest I've gone in the past 2-3 months has been 3 miles at a stint. I can do 4 now!

Tuesday - 1 hour weightlifting and abs/strength training, 20 minutes stairmaster, walked ~1 mile at lunch.

Monday - Ran 3 miles, walked 4.

Anne, I think all of that lugging (and arguing) definitely counts as a workout!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:57 AM   #9  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Already accomplished:
15 min brisk walk to gym
45 min weights (shoulders / abs)
- standing DB military press -- 3 sets @ 30 lbs each arm
- hanging knee raises -- 3 sets unweighted (these are getting too easy)
- DB shrug -- 3 sets @ 70 lbs each arm
- incline situps -- 3 sets @ 25 lbs
- upright row -- 3 sets @ 75 lbs
- lateral raises -- 3 sets @ 15 lbs

Later: 15 min brisk walk home

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:37 PM   #10  
Working My Way Back Down

I need this lately....

Today: HIIT on elliptical - 30 minutes plus PT exercises for my knees, which actually work most of my LB anyway.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I ran 2 miles plus half a mile of warm up and cool down. I plan to do it again tomorrow (because Saturday's run looks iffy--I have to be out of town most of the day).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Today, I went for a 45 minute powerwalk and am about go go on a 45 minute bike ride once it stops raining. I worked out with weights this morning but I haven't done my abs stuff yet.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote