Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-14-2007, 12:56 AM   #31  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Sleepy - it isnt uncommon for there to be sensitivity/allergy to raw food but not cooked. Tomatoes and actually most fruits it is pretty common. Stomach pains are typically not an allergy but a sensitivity. (The difference being is it an immune system reaction or an inability to digest it properly ). Both can occur as you get older.

UGH bad food day.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:02 AM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
Anne - So--since you hate to shop too, if you find something that fits well do you buy one in every color? Or at least 2-3 colors. I am thinking of going back and getting the black dress pants like the chocolate ones I bought Saturday.
Yes, I do that, with pants anyway, since I generally don't have any problem finding shirts that fit. I think I even have two virtually identical pairs of black pants in my closet. But yes, you must have black pants. Black pants, white shirts, grey skirts, and black pumps (not that I wear those much), plus accessories = instant work wardrobe. Add jeans and T-shirts and NO MORE SHOPPING ever!! Woo hoo! Until something wears out anyway.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:37 AM   #33  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Whew! I feel tired today -- and it's only Monday! Yikes.

Allison, I really enjoyed Hairspray. I was singing "Good Morning Baltimore" the whole evening after I saw the movie.

I did pretty well this weekend. My parents came up to visit, Saturday. I had my usual cream of wheat breakfast. We had originally planned to get some lunch, but we didn't find a place to eat where we thought we would, and we decided to visit an attraction before eating, so we ended up going to dinner at about 5. We were pretty hungry by then. I had a delicious whole red snapper (no head or tail) that was very well seasoned and accompanied by some yummy rice. I love seafood restaurants!

I got home and decided that I wanted ice cream (haven't had any in at least 1 year, maybe 2). The only flavor I buy is butter pecan -- I really like that one. I got Haagen-Dasz. I ate the whole pint after dinner. My calories still came out at a somewhat reasonable level -- low 2000s. I feel ok about that because I know that some people get away with eating that many calories daily. Because of that, I didn't feel like I was overly gluttonous. I don't each much dairy because of some hx of issues with lactose, but this time seemed to go ok. I figured I had Sunday to recover if anything happened. Still, my concern about GI issues will probably keep me from going beyond ice cream on Saturday.

The pita chip seems to be over -- I didn't even crave them over the weekend. On Sunday I ate a good amount of food, but it was all fairly healthy stuff I had at home.

As a result, I was only 1 pound over my goal weight Monday AM instead of the 3-4 over I've seen over the last couple weeks. Feels good.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:16 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning! We spent a little time in the garden last evening too. It's been so dry and the ground so hard, DH did the digging.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:00 AM   #35  

Good Morning everyone. What a chatty bunch yesterday. It is finally cooler here which should make for a more pleasant week. Sunday I took the kids swimming. I went down the waterslide. Ds wished he had a video camera to send that to America's Funniest Home Videos. My kids go back to school tomorrow so today includes lots of getting stuff together.

Lily-after spending alot of time cleaning corn and beans from my dad I'm in no hurry to have anybody here plant a second crop

Anne-I am no fan of shopping either. When I was working my wardrobe sound pretty much like yours. Black, grey, white, assemble.

Sleepy-I love the few times I get to say this. Gee, I'll only have seven children. Boy that feels good, I hardly ever get to say it.
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:25 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 232/162/162

Height: 5'10"

Ennay - That makes sense, I bet that's exactly what it is. Thanks!

Lisa - Hey, I NEVER get to say that!!
Sleepy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:14 AM   #37  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Greetings from Moving ****... After I mop the floors and clean the new tile (which the installer didn't quite get around to) I'll try once again to install the DSL on my computer... Grrr....

I'm down 1.2 pounds below my target weight... The silver lining...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #38  

Has anybody else had the experience that the quickest way to totally blow your eating plan is to go to 3FC and say something like, "I'm right on plan" or "My eating has been OK this week." LOL.

So my eating was OFF yesterday. I'm talking fast food milkshakes and fries off. I was going to try to run today, but between the digestive issues of said diet and the remaining copious amounts of snot, I'm giving it another day.

On the plus side, work has been going very well for a change, and DD has been great, keeping the tantrums to a minimum, well as long as she can sit on my lap.

Lots of Maintainers moving right now! Take care.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:40 AM   #39  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Has anybody else had the experience that the quickest way to totally blow your eating plan is to go to 3FC and say something like, "I'm right on plan" or "My eating has been OK this week." LOL.
Oh yeah - see me saturday saying "The shopping blocked any urge to post illness binge"

I also find that buying the smaller of 2 sizes will do the same

Shirts are the hardest for me.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:02 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!

Well, my cold symptoms seem to be all gone today, but DH woke up with a horribly sore throat and has gone home to sleep. And DD woke up yesterday with pain in her jaw--near where she had her wisdom teeth out last November. this morning, she can't close her mouth. So I'm calling the oral surgeon to see what to do. I can't imagine why, after so many months, that there would be a complication.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:32 AM   #41  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

I'm up later this AM after being up til about 2AM last night working on my book. So, I'll wait and plant my corn after dark tonite.

Lisa, yeah, shucking all the corn isn't the greatest, but I do love to eat it, so it's worth it to me. Plus, we have no real grocery store around so it's nice to grow my own veggies cause they all get used.

Anne, I've done that same thing before. Now, I feel kinda jinxed to say that when I awoke this morning, my belly was very flat with my hip bones and xyphoid sticking out prominently. First time I've felt like this in a while. I'm still waiting til Saturday to weigh cause I don't want to be disappointed.

I really don't like the taste of plain water much and have to force myself to drink it. Does anyone do anything to make their water more palatable? I much prefer drinking crystal lite and coffee.

I picked a bunch of okra and green beans last night and cooked them with dinner. It was very good. Also had fresh cucumbers and tomatoes from my garden in my salad. Plus, made a new batch of home-made salsa, yummy. (It was even better this time cause I didn't put too much cilantro in it).

SusanB, my garden ground was hard too. I had to water it for a long time before I was able to dig up my weeds and make my rows. Now my back and shoulders are sore from working so hard last night.

Allison, I hope you can find out what is going on with your DD. That sounds odd for problems to arise this late.

ennay, shirts are definitely the hardest for me too. I normally wear a medium but with even an extra 5 lbs. , I need a large. Everytime I gain at all, it goes straight to my tummy.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:50 PM   #42  

S/C/G: Starting over

9 kids!

Wow. My kids eat a ton and they are also small. Even my 2 year old but she is going to be a sumo wrestler when she grows up.

When I was pregnany (and fat) my son was going through a growth spurt and he ate everything I did. He was a very thin 6 year old. He gets his metabolism from his dad for sure.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:54 PM   #43  

Update on DD: I called the oral surgeon and they referred me back to our regular dentist. They were able to fit her in at 11:30. The nurse called me at about noon to let me know that there is no cavity or anything. It seems that DD is stressed out and clenching her jaw at night and that is causing the pain. She'll see if she can stop it on her own, and if not, she has her regular appointment at the dentist on the 27th--if she is still having pain,they'll fit her with a bite plate that she'll have to wear at night. Right. Wear at night. This is the daughter who wore her retainers for all of 2 weeks after she got her braces off! Her teeth moved (just as I told her they would) and I wonder if it has a little to do with this new problem.

I forgot to mention earlier that my running routine is having some side benefits. My calves feel firmer and yesterday I noticed my "saddle bags" aren't as prominent. Now if only the scale would move!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:09 PM   #44  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Hey Alinnell,

Does your DD drink a lot of caffeine, e.g. diet cola, Dr. P, coffee, Mt. Dew, etc.? Because if I drink too much caffeine, I really clench my teeth during the night. My dentist and I have watched the correlation. When I lower or eliminate my caffeine intake, the problems go away.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:04 PM   #45  

Jay~DD drinks only water and skim milk. She gave up soda a year ago on the advice of her trainer. We discussed it at dinner tonight, she says she curls up in bed and tucks her fists under her chin and she thinks that is what starts it. She realizes that she's been doing it for a long time, but until now it hasn't caused pain. She thinks she'll be able to fix it herself. If not, she'll get the bite guard in a couple of weeks.