3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Fall Clothes Shopping (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/119847-fall-clothes-shopping.html)

Meg 08-07-2007 06:05 AM

Fall Clothes Shopping

rockinrobin 08-07-2007 06:46 AM

Ahhh, clothing.......

Today I am actually headed out to the mall. I want to see if I can maybe pick up another bathing suit. I know there's very little left in the stores, but maybe I can find something and maybe it will be greatly reduced. I will do my darndest to not buy one more summer outfit.

So as long as I'm looking for that one bathing suit, I will also be looking for fall stuff. I have nothing. Absolutely nothing to wear. So I'm starting from scratch again. Oooh what fun.

I also used to hate brown. Now, I actually like it - a lot. It's very warn and rich looking. I was never a great fan of gray though. Very drab and wishy washy.

Well, I'll be heading out later and I'll give you all a report when I get back. Hopefully with lots of packages. Wish me luck. :)

lavidasofa 08-07-2007 07:01 AM

I'm on a all white kick lately. White is the new black :lol: I used to love all black, tried to dabble in adding colours to my wardrobe and feel it's just not 'me'. So I've gone back to stocking my closet of only whites and blacks. Sometimes it's all white, sometimes all black, sometimes I mix. Aren't I exciting? :D I figured it's a lot easier if I'm running late too hahaha.

Meg 08-07-2007 07:04 AM

Do they have White House/Black Market stores in Canada? Because you would be their #1 customer! :lol:

HeatherAngel 08-07-2007 09:21 AM

Bah - I went shopping yesterday.... I look forward to maintaining, 'cause right now I am in between sizes; I am also out of the 'plus' sizes on the bottom, but not on the top... needless to say, came home with 6 new pairs of knickers and THAT'S IT! (of course, I also find it hard to spend money on clothes when I know I'll be out of them in a month or two! :lol:)

Heather :D

Heather 08-07-2007 09:38 AM

My coloring goes really well with fall colors: browns, oranges, khakis. I may have to really restrain myself this year.... but before I go, I really want to be back in size 12s. I'm almost there!

I can't wait to hit my Talbot's outlet!!!

Kery 08-07-2007 10:02 AM

Okay, I'm not really a maintainer yet since I'm not at goal, but I still wanted to post in here. (After all, I am maintaining not regaining anything, right?) Even though it makes my wallet cringe and cry and my bank account beg for me to remain careful, I'm starting to become a sucker for clothes, so maybe discussing them rather than being out buying them will be alright for me? :D

I don't know about browns myself, but if I find an item of clothing the cut of which I like, I would probably buy it all the same. Why not try new things, after all. I have lots of black/red/grey in my wardrobe, and some change now and then is always a good thing. (I'll still buy black stuff, though--less because it's slimming, and more because it's very convenient for a student to 1) mix with every color, 2) not having to go to the lavomatic for three passes of different colors when one could be enough. :lol:).

Also, this isn't exactly trendy since it's about old clothes, but my sister has given me some, including a long jacket I find really pretty. Yes, my sister who has always been seen as *thin*.I guess you can tell I'm on cloud 9 here!

Meg 08-07-2007 10:10 AM

Kery, I'm sliding on over to make room for you here at Clothes Junkies Anonymous (Hi, I'm Meg and I have a Serious Problem with clothes :o ). Aren't clothes such a motivation? :D

Kery 08-07-2007 10:25 AM

Ohh yes they are! Besides, being able to wear what I could call normal sizes here tends to make me feel like buying even more--especially when it comes to tops, since I'm very likely at "my" size regarding thise (the twins won't really get smaller than they are now). I used to care way less when I was 165 (I would think "I look fat in everything, so why bother"...) than now, when things actually fit. :)

baffled111 08-07-2007 11:19 AM

I'm a clothing junkie too :) I loved clothes even when I was fat, but, obviously, shopping is way more fun when most things look good!

We're off to Seattle tomorrow for our annual shopping trip. Very exciting!!! I have a ridiculously long list of things I need to get. I'm starting my first 'real' job in a few weeks and I basically have no professional clothes, so I need to buy a whole stack of them. All my current clothes are either causal work-at-home clothes, or flirty waitress clothes, which won't do.

So I'll be buying many pants, shirts and sweaters. I mostly look forward to buying shirts with buttons. I carry lots of weight in my chest, so my boobs get giant pretty quickly and don't fit into shirts with buttons. Now that I'm pretty much flat chested (need a bra fitting too...I'm terrified that I'll turn out to be a B cup, which I have never been!!!), shirts are able to fit my chest AND be fitted through the waist and torso. Hooray! No more knits for me!

I also need to get a suit, in case I'm lucky enough to land a job interview this fall, new bras and sports bras, a coat and some shoes. I want to find a pair of knee high boots also. And new running shoes. And hopefully a bike.

We're going to have a busy few days and my credit cards are going to be very well used. Eeeek! This is what happens when you live 5 hours from a real city--shopping starts becoming a binge exercise, because you can't just do it occasionally and in moderation.

baffled111 08-07-2007 11:20 AM

Oh, and on the issue of brown. My problem with brown is that all my accessories are black, or black friendly. If I started to buy brown basics, I'd have to buy all new shoes and bags that work with brown. It's much simpler to have black as my base color and then to add other colors around it.

alinnell 08-07-2007 11:54 AM

I took DD shopping Saturday and she ended up with 3 pairs of pants and at least 6 tops. She's very happy. I'm not planning on buying anything new until I reach goal (but then, WATCH OUT!!).

lilybelle 08-07-2007 12:33 PM

I've always liked brown colored clothes, they look good with my hair color and dark brown eyes.. I do need to have a little more black in my wardrobe. I have plenty of whites and bright colored clothes now. I used to always wear the darkest clothes possible to try to hide my fat but I love lighter and brighter stuff now.

With getting all the girl's school clothes, I can't buy much for me right now .

robin, good luck on the new swimsuit. I bought one late in the fall 2 yrs. ago after I had started losing weight. It was at Dillard's and it was on clearance. I got a $100.00 swimsuit for $19.00. I wore it til it was so big that it was falling off of me. It was size 14. I finally had to retire it. LOL. My new swimsuit I bought this summer is size 8 and I've swam so much, it's getting faded and wore out. I wish I could shop for another one right now while they are on sale.

The other day while I was shopping with Lacy and Shelbey we spent a fortune. All of Shelbey's clothes came from A&F, Aeropostale, American Eagle, Vanity, and Victoria's Secret. That girl has expensive tastes. We paid a fortune for raggedy looking sweat shirts at A&F. Luckily, Lacy bought most of her school clothes at Vanity, Rue 21, and Penney's and TJ Maxx. LOL. I came home exhausted that day, we hit every store in the mall and the food court to boot. LOL.

Kery 08-07-2007 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, all things considered, I wish to brag. ;) I got that black skirt the past week-end at the store where my sister works, now that their new fall collection is out (the red top is an old thing). Fell in love at first sight, couldn't take it out of my mind, went back to buy it all the same... the usual stuff. Then I went all crazy and decided to get some striped leggings. Yes, the ones on the picture. Horizontal stripes, because I don't care if I still have thunder thighs, they're the 'least worse' (if I may say so) they've been in *decades*, and at least now part of them is muscle, due to biking 70 minutes a day to the office. So bragging time it is. :D

Meg 08-07-2007 03:40 PM

You are simply adorable! :hug: And your thighs aren't the least bit thunderous. Brag on, sister - you've earned it. :broc: