Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-07-2007, 09:50 PM   #46  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

I just wanted to thank you guys for the support. I actually just got an email from a singles social network in my city. I had inquired about it a couple weeks ago, and I just got a response from the coordinator today. Apparently, they plan monthly social events. I hope something interesting will come up soon -- I just have to get up the nerve to actually go.

I'm feeling a little better today overall. I made it out of work by 7 today, so I think the extra time at home has helped me to relax a little -- it was a tough day at work, though. Hopefully, tomorrow will be lower stress.

Lily, I hear you on the writing bringing up memories. Sometimes I wish I were good at keeping a daily journal, but sometimes I just feel like I have the emotional energy to re-live stuff. It's probably therapeutic and good for you in the long run, though. I only manage to make a journal entry once every few months!
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:02 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I didn't do a whole lot better today (besides the very good walk). Work is just sooo quiet! I tidied my med cart and tidied the desk ... but still had toooo much time for popcorn.

Maybe I could use a little fear.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:10 AM   #48  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I'm up early and now on my second cup of coffee. I got quite a bit accomplished yesterday. I paid all my bills, weeded my garden for 2 hrs. in the sweltering sun, did laundry (I dont' know why the girl's wait until they have 10 loads to bring it to the laundry room) and wrote another chapter on my book. So quite a successful day. Good news is , I'm not as broke as I thought I'd be after all the back to school shopping. Yippee.

This morning DH and DS left back to work for the week, so it will be quiet here this week. It's so hard to believe the girls' start school tomorrow and it's still 100 degrees outside.

The water company adjusted my bill down to $72.00 from the $216.00 from having the water leak. This was good.

ennay, I hope you feel better soon, that sounds really painful.

Tara, thanks. I do think that writing this book will be therapeutic for me in the long run. I'm now finally past all the bad stuff and full blast into my wt. loss part of the book. So, it should get easier for me now.

I was so disappointed yesterday. My pumpkin vines have spread out all over the place. I tried to move one of the vines and put it back in the patch so DH could weed-eat around my garden and my biggest pumpkin thus far broke off the vine. It was about 4 lbs. , but not ready to use yet. Dang it, I should have just left well enough alone. Grrrrrrrr. But, I'm OCD about my yard and it was bothering me.

Last night I made fried okra with dinner. I wasn't going to eat it, but I had to taste it , which was a mistake. I ended up eating a serving of it with my grilled pork chop, corn on the cob and salad.. I was trying to cook a nice dinner for DH and DS before they went back off to work.

Today I plan to eat right, get some walking done and write more on my book.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:50 AM   #49  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning everyone.

Tara, I am glad you are feeling somewhat better. I hope today brings you less stress. It's not easy sometimes, is it? Yes, get up the nerve - got these events!

ennay, Sore throats really, really, REALLY bother me as well. I hope you get some relief and soon.

Lily, sounds like you had quite the full and productive day. Sorry to hear about your pumpkin. That would upset me too.

A big hello to the rest of the gang.

As of this morning I am down to not even a lb over my ticker weight, having dropped more then three pounds since Monday morning. Too strange. I certainly never dropped pounds like that when I was losing. Which just goes to show you, that it wasn't fat that I gained from the weekend. At least not all of it anyway.

We had terrible, terrible, lightning, thunder and rain earlier this morning. Now the sun is breaking through and it is unbearably hot and humid out there. Today I am tackling what I started on Monday, closets and dresser drawers. Then some heavy duty cleaning. The fridge, moving and cleaning under the beds, laundering the bedskirts and mattress pads and lots of other really fun stuff - not. I hope my day is as productive as Lily's was yesterday.

Have a great day everyone. Feel good. And stay cool.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:08 AM   #50  
lilybelle

robin, I used to always try to do everything myself, but last night I wanted to work on my book. So, I delegated. LOL. I had Lacy do the dishes and clean the kitchen counters, Had DH weed-eat around our house and garden, Had Shelbey sweep and mop the kitchen and help Lacy fold their clothes and I had DS clean the bathrooms and feed and water the pets. Man it worked out good, I should try this more often. LOL
Old 08-08-2007, 09:39 AM   #51  

Height: 5'7"

Dear SusanB, losing your marbles!! It all sounds perfectly normal to me, because it is impossible to be perfect. But I know you can be consistent and that is all that matters. I know you can do it.

ennay, go get checked for strep and mono. The fact that you need pain killers means there is a real problem.

Tara, reading about your schedule makes me tired.

Hi everybody!

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #52  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Oh I have already BEEN to the doctor - I went monday. I get sore throats frequently, but not like this and usually 2 days max. I've never not been able to eat or drink at all before. She put me on antiB's right away because she said the lack of other symptoms indicated bacterial (after 5 days it is unusual for viral to stay single symptom) But they should be kicked in by now, so I am guessing its viral.

Anyway after battling to get my prescription painkillers (issues with nursing) it was of less use than ibuprofen.

Today is a good bit better - yesterday I couldnt eat or drink ANYTHING. One sip of water would have me curled up in a ball on the floor. I was going to go to the ER today and get an IV if things didnt improve - I was becoming seriously dehydrated. I can in tiny quantities eat and drink today. No fruit, dairy or anything with any type of sugars - one sip of a protein shake (milk banana and whey protein) had me on the floor in tears. Nothing cold or hot - my water has to be heated to just above room temp but way below what you would drink coffee or tea at. Teeny tiny bites and sips. It takes me about 20 minutes to drink a cup of water.

Speaking of which...I drink so slowly I better have one riveted to my hands at all times
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #53  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi Gals!!!

How is everyone?

I only have about 2 chapters on my book, but I'll be done with my internship and returning home in about a week. Then I'll have a few weeks off before school starts back up to really dive into it! However, when school starts I'll really have to schedule writing time and accomadate those impusle writing moments.

Lily, it's awesome you know someone with a few connections, it'll make getting published a lot easier and hopefully it'll get done in a shorter period of time! I too find even the first few chapters to be very emotional. I've just been thinking about issues I've ignored for years, for obvious reasons.

Meg, I have a question for you. I read your WL story, a few times I must say (very inspiring). I noticed you lifted weights everyday you exercised. It's advised that people weight train every other day to give their muscles rest. I actually daydream about lifting. I love it so much and I would love to lift everyday in addition to my cardio workouts. So, should I go it?
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:16 PM   #54  
Chuggin' along...

Hi everyone,

I've been out doing field work all day and it is HOT out there. The heat index is 108! The AC in my office feels goooood. Still having trouble with sugar/simple carb cravings. Today has been good so far. The gym-ing it has been fine, it's the food part I'm having trouble with right now.

ennay, sorry, that sounds just awful. Glad you can at least drink and eat a little bit today.

Robin, that water is heavy stuff. It's amazing how much a few salty meals can make you retain.

Lily, delegation - do you think that would work with roommates who don't do their share of cleaning?

Tara, great, I hope there is an event for you to attend soon! That sounds like it could be fun.

Hi to everyone else! My afternoon mission: gym, grocery store, find sense of fear.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:41 PM   #55  
Meg

Hi Kim! About your weightlifting question -- while I was losing, I did cardio every day and lifted five days a week. You're right that we need to give a muscle group at least 48 hours of rest between workouts, so I did a weight training split. On Mondays, I worked out back, Tuesdays were chest, Wednesdays were legs, Thursdays were shoulders, and Fridays were arms (bi's and tri's). I threw in abs about three times a week. So each muscle group actually had a week off between workouts to recuperate. It's perfectly OK to lift two days in a row so long as it's two different muscle groups. I think it would be overtraining to lift seven days a week, though!

It sounds like you like weights as much as I do!

BTW, that's still pretty much what I do in the gym these days. I've experimented with different splits, but keep coming back to that one.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:04 PM   #56  
lilybelle

Kim Renee, I haven't worked outside the home in 3 yrs. now. I had been planning to write my book for quite some time. I had so much to say, but didn't know what order to put in before, but it's flowing great for me now. I'm now on Chapter 8 and my SD and DD have read what I've done so far and they both think it's really good.

This evening I went out to water my garden and I saw a pile of what I called "snake eggs". I ran got my son to take a look. He started laughing so hard and said "mom, those are rabbit poop". LOL. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about baby snakes all over the place. LOL.

Megan, I don't know if delegation would work with the roommates or not. When my oldest SD lived with us, I couldn't have got her butt off the couch with a pitchfork and a crane. LOL.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:31 PM   #57  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Ennay, that sore throat sounds awful. I hope tomorrow you feel even better.

I am still diuresing my salt load from last weekend. 1 pound down since yesterday. 1.6 pounds down since Monday. Hopefully another pound down by tomorrow. I still haven't come up with a substitute treat to trade for those yummy salty baked pita chips I ate all weekend. Gotta figure something out.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:14 AM   #58  

Well, I think I've gathered up most of those marbles. Today I find myself comfortable under calories and not at all concerned.

Anne's post really encouraged me .... somebody thinks I can be consistant .... hmmm ... well then, maybe I can.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:18 AM   #59  

I've been thinking too much when I really should be in bed sleeping by now .

I wonder if I needed to see that I could maintain for a month (slip ups and all) to believe I really could do it quite nicely with a bit of effort.

Success despite self-sabotage as encouragement????
Old 08-09-2007, 07:28 AM   #60  

Good Morning-like everywhere else it's been hot and humid here. Last night at 11:00 it was still 83 degrees and 80% humidity. It just never cooled down enought to do anything outdoors. At least my eating has been light since who wants to eat when it's this stinking hot.

Enay-My oldest dd had strep and the first antibiotic did nothing. Go back and get rechecked and ask for a different med. Also, don't let them scare you about nursing and meds. You really can take MOST meds and nurse, if you're unsure I have several resources you can check.

Susan and Tara-glad you're both feeling better/

Lily-ROFLMBO-not a farm girl?
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote