Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-08-2007, 01:31 PM   #16  
Maintainer-to-be

S/C/G: 214/170/154

Height: 5'8" / 1.72 m

Oh my gym, how do I love thee

It IS a good feeling to get back to the gym, I do so agree with you Meg.

It's funny how it feels like I haven't been there in aaages when I've had my scheduled day of rest, even though it's only been 48 hours or something since my last visit.

In October 2008 I'm moving to a new apartment and I already feel a tinge of separation anxiety when I think about having to leave my gym
silvernight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:00 AM   #17  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for starting this thread! Boy do I need it. My scale's been hovering at 134 the past few days, and while I do all my measuring based on that scale, I know it's off by a few lbs. The scale at the gym weighs me at 140 (that's around 5:30pm). My immediate goal is to get back to 130 on my scale (136 on the gym scale) so my pants won't be so tight anymore, but my real goal is to be at 133 or below on the gym scale. *sigh*

Anyone interested in a food/exercise accountability thread? Is this thread a good place to post it? I find that I don't have the patience for Fitday, and I fail miserably when I try to carry around a food notebook, but for some reason if I have to post my food on 3FC it works better. I munched way too much after dinner last night (a pudding cup, an english muffin with apple butter and margarine, and a cup of raisin bran -- did I mention this was all AFTER dinner?).
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:11 AM   #18  
Meg

Jessica, I think this is the perfect place for posting about food/exercise accountability. Go for it!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:29 PM   #19  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Jessica, I think this is the perfect place for posting about food/exercise accountability. Go for it!
I have totally burned out on fitday...although oddly enough what does work for me for fitday sometimes is to track breakfast, lunch and snacks and ignore evening completely. If I stay within a pretty tight range by the time dinner starts I am almost always good. If I eat too little by 4 pm I end up with evening binging. If I eat too much, I am over no matter what I try to do in the evening.

no exercise today, dont feel well
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:16 PM   #20  
slow and steady

OK, food accountability time! Here's everything I remember eating yesterday and so far today, I don't think it's very good. I'm annotating each day with for each calcium/dairy serving, for fruit, for veggies, and for either junk food or mindless eating. My goal is 3 , 3 , 5 , and no more than one per day.

Sunday
B - about 1.25C raisin bran with 1C milk
B - small glass of orange/pineapple/banana juice
L - about .25C BBQ beef
L - about 1/2 C couscous salad packed with veggies
L - a couple bites of a barley/bean/corn salad
S - mochi filled with black sesame paste
S - bite of pudding cup
D - 1/2-3/4 C basmati rice
D - about 3-4oz fish (turbot) breaded with egg wash and panko with cajun seasoning
D - about 1.5C green beans
S - honey oat English muffin, half with 1Tbsp margarine, half with 1Tbsp no-sugar-added apple butter
S - pudding cup
S - 3/4 C raisin bran with 1/2 C milk

Sunday exercise:
about 1 hr shopping at the mall. Sadly, that's all.

Monday
B - 1.25C raisin brain with 1C milk (300)
S - 1 apricot
L - 1 tupperware-full (1.5-2C?) leftover pasta dish that had tomatoes, goat cheese, herbs, and chicken broth (cooking light recipe)
S (planned) - 1 banana
S (planned) - 1 peach

Will update tomorrow with exercise this afternoon and whatever I end up eating for dinner (probably leftover fish).
Old 07-09-2007, 02:33 PM   #21  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I'm glad I found this thread as I am also up a few lbs. to 148 and am trying to get back on track after a disastrous weekend of eating. I'll be happy to join in and post my food and exercise until I'm back at goal.

Today:

BF , small banana
lunch, two 4 inch wheat pancakes with 1TBSP PB, 1TBSP SF jelly,2TBSP SF syrup

snack, 1/2 of a lowfat graham cracker and an apple

dinner, (plan) 2 baked chicken legs without skin, salad of lettuce, tomato, bell pepper with low-fat ranch drsg, steamed squash, green beans
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:50 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

My weight's ok still (I think, I haven't actually checked), but I had a nasty run in with a bag of Tim's Salt and Vinegar Chips yesterday. I ate 3/4 of the bag. Ooops!

This week is going to be a bit of a challenge. We have 3 dinners out with friends planned and I am no good at restraining myself in delicious restaurants.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:48 PM   #23  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

I am apparently no good at restraining myself at even crappy restaurants....totally forgot had a farewell lunch thing today at godfather's. (ick -if you are gonna make me eat pizza, could it at least be GOOD pizza?)

The slice and a half of pizza and salad werent too bad, but I found myself mindlessly eating a cinnamon roll.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:01 PM   #24  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

OK, I think I have salvaged the day decided that even though fitday is driving me nuts, I have to go back to using it until I get back to maintenance weight....that will be extra incentive to not slip!

B: eggbeater omelete with light cheese & salsa, oatmeal with touch of honey

S:blueberries & coffee with skim milk

L: Godfathers pizza (1.5 slices) salad and 2/3 cinnamon roll

Pre-yoga - string cheese, oatmeal & peach, 10 chocolate chips

D: subway club and baked lays. peach

Not a nutritionally great day but better than it could have been and only 40 calories over

Last edited by ennay; 07-09-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:37 PM   #25  
lilybelle

I stayed with my plan all day until dinner. The kids had friends over and they all wanted the squash fried. I ate a couple slices of it but not too much. Halfway through dinner, I felt full but kept eating what was on my plate. I should have scraped my food out when I first felt full.

My only exercise today was having HulaHoop contests with the kids. I'm getting pretty decent at it. LOL. It was stormy outside and I couldn't take my usual walk. DH was in our bedroom (where all my exercise equipment is at), He is sick with a respiratory infection. Hopefully this rain will go away and I get back to walking the hill. It is really good workout.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:00 AM   #26  
slow and steady

Last night, gym scale still at 140. This morning, home scale at 133. I did okay yesterday until after dinner, when I succumbed to more mindless munching. I need to buy some baby carrots or something so I can munch on something healthier. I suppose watermelon isn't too unhealthy, so that's ok at least.

Continuation of Monday's food . . .
D - 1/2 C rice, 4oz leftover baked fish w/panko breading, half a bunch of asparagus (sprayed with cooking spray and broiled, how many veggies servings is half a bunch of asparagus?)
S - oat and honey english muffin with 1.5Tbsp margarine
S - a few slices of watermelon (about 1/16 melon)

Total:
Exercise: 5 min warmup walk, 30 mins jogging 2.25 miles, 10 minute cooldown, arm exercise circuit without weights (I look pretty dumb doing bicep curls and overhead presses without any weights but it does give me a workout)

Tuesday so far (including all the food I brought to work with me for lunch):
B - 1.25 C "Essential M" with strawberries cereal (local grocery brand version of Special K), 1C(?) skim milk
S - apricot
L - tupperware full of leftover pasta w/herbs and tomatoes
S - peach, banana
Old 07-10-2007, 10:21 AM   #27  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

OK, I hit the bottom of the range and a little bit...so back to maintenance....I'll see you next "bump"
Old 07-10-2007, 10:42 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

I too am glad to have found this thread. I could really use it.
Life has really become complicated lately and finding time to
get to the gym has become problematic (sp?). My scale is
also back up to 128 (gosh I hated typing that )

So today has got to be the day that I turn things around
and not let things get out of control. Eating has not been
good but it has not been bad either. Today I did intend to
get up and run however again this morning I woke up with
stomach craps. I just finished an anitibotic and I think that
may be the problem.

Food so far today:
Breakfast:
2 egg beaters
1 slice ham
1 whole wheat toast
1 cup fruit
coffee

Lunch:
Still up in the air.
Dinner:
Also, still up in the air.

It is so so so hot in Florida and to go outside for a run it needs to be (for me
anyway) either before the sun comes up or after it sets. So I did not make it
this AM so I plan on shooting for it later this evening or try to get to the gym.

Good Luck to everyone!
Lovestorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:53 AM   #29  
lilybelle

Jessica, I eat the Strawberry Awake cereal it's generic SpecialK and I like it better because the flakes are whole grain and stay crunchier in milk. I'm starting out on track this morning.

BF: 2 slices whole wheat toast with light cream cheese and a banana

lunch: (plan) 2 oz. tuna with tsp. light mayo on a small fresh tomato(from my garden) , 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese, 1/2 cup pineapple chunks and 4 crackers.

dinner: (plan) 1 small grilled pork chop, large salad with low-fat ranch dressing, green beans.

snack: (plan) an apple
Old 07-10-2007, 12:01 PM   #30  
slow and steady

In addition to posting what I eat, I'm tempted to post what I did NOT eat! Today, I did NOT eat any of the big tray of free brownies at work! I also didn't sneak any hershey kisses from the receptionist's desk!