Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Do you eat dessert?

How often? How much?

And what do you eat?
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:39 PM   #2  

wow great job on the weight loss!!!!!!!!!...
I don't eat it even when I'm not trying to lose weight....If I do eat something sweet it's because of a craving...I did reward myself yesterday for getting to my first mini goal by eating one of those bite sized snickers.....I'm too scared that if I do eat something sweet I'll just gain weight....ahhhhh....I CAN'T WAIT TO GET TO MY GOAL...
sunshine900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I eat desserts ONLY with a meal/protien so they dont pack any real glycemic index punch. If you have lots of protien, then eat a dessert, the dessert is digested slower, so there is not a rush into the blood stream. But even at that, my desserts are very carefully chosen.

I usually have one everyday with lunch. Then once a week with sunday dinner.

In the summer i like:

Those new hostess ho-hos
any 100 calorie pack
light mini brown cows
Grilled peaches with ff cool whip or whipped cream (SO GOOD if your cooking out)
jello mix, 1 cup hot water, mixed with coolwhip and firmed together (if that makes sense...makes a fluffy pie filling)
Low fat version of panna cotta (skim milk custard with honey and berries)

All these are less than 100 cals a serving and really hit that sweet tooth.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

I always have something sweet in the evening (and sometimes after lunch, too). Most of the time I eat some dark chocolate, but I've been on a pineapple kick recently--it's very delicious and a few ounces works as lunch 'dessert'. Sometimes I have more decadent dessert treat at night though. I made chocolate mousse the other day. 400 calories a serving! I made room for it in my day's calories, but desserts are something I have to be careful with. I'm a fiend for chocolate and baked goods, and I do actually consider them a necessary part of my diet. I also know that I will get nowhere if I try to desist from desserts. It won't work for me.

Last edited by baffled111; 05-19-2007 at 02:21 PM.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:11 PM   #5  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I don't crave sweets a lot, but I always keep SF gelatin in the refrigerator, SF pudding, I may add a couple of tbsps. of Cool Whip Free, and dark chocolate(I break a bar into 2 pt.(WW) servings. That usually keeps me satisfied to the point that I don't feel deprived. Oh, I don't want to forget the Hostess 100 cal. pack of chocolate cupcakes, the whole pack of 3 is only 1 pt.

Denise
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:28 PM   #6  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Yes. It's usually fruit, or fruit with yoghurt, or fruit with yoghurt and muesli, or just yoghurt but I almost always have something sweet. I don't tend to eat it straight after my meals though, I leave a while to digest and then have it as more of a between meals snack. Actually, the one time I don't have dessert is when I'm eating out. If it's something I control I will eat it, but I don't trust myself with restaurant desserts!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 145/125/120

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Try fat-free cookies from Jamba Juice or fat-free frozen yogurt. Getting dessert out keeps it out of the house, which is always a good thing for me
YogurtYogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I usually only eat desserts when I'm out for a treat meal in a restaurant - I don't trust myself with sweet things in the house (like ice cream or dark chocolate). I sometimes eat a biscotti with my coffee in the afternoon, but only if I have the calories for it As a rule, I eat dinner fairly late and I'm not hungry before bedtime. Occasionally, I like the 100 calorie smart pop kettle corn bags or a roasted apple with blueberries. I love sweet things, but I've had such a problem with them in the past that I don't indulge very often.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:22 PM   #9  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I do, every night. Sometimes its fruit, but not frequently. For a while, it was individually-portioned ice cream or rainbow sherbet cups. Recently, I've been making my own homemade frozen yogurt, with nonfat yogurt, a combo of 1 pt sugar to 3 pts splenda, pureed fruit, vanilla extract, and fat free half and half. Its goooooooood and since it is made with whole fruit, is way healthier than the packaged stuff.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 153/120

Height: 5' 4"

I eat quite a bit of fruit --cherries and strawberries now!! I only have a small dessert on special occasions like Christmas, my birthday.
Apart from that I have been sugar free for all the time I was losing and now maintaining my weight--about six months.
My husband has ice cream and sometimes desserts in the house but I am not tempted at all.
My one exceptionI used to be to have a tsp( measured) of maple syrup on my oatmeal but these days I am sick of oatmeal and not eating it.
Cookies used to be my downfall. I noticed with the maple syrup I never craved more of it --with sugar products I always craved more and more and more.
I think if I had a really sweet dessert now I would be unable to eat it.
Katie
KatieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5' 7"

i agree that the sugar free jell-o always does a good job getting rid of that sweet craving, and it seems to fill me up as well. i also like the 100-calorie kettlecorn, not necessarily as a dessert but just as something good to munch on. i have always had a big sweet tooth, and my problem is that once i start eating a dessert, i just want more and i end up totally overeating. so i think that sometimes it is best to not have desserts in the house so that i dont feel tempted to eat them, and i also watch out having desserts at parties or dinners or wherever you are welcome to have more. but i think that once in a while it is ok to go out for ice cream and treat yourself to whatever you want because sometimes plain old jell-o just doesnt cut it, and i think that resisting the dessert temptations constantly can be tiring and might end up leading to a complete overeating episode.
syncrosweetie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:25 PM   #12  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

okay to answer my own question:

Yes! I eat dessert almost every day. I love to bake and I loooove desserts.*sigh*

It does get tricky though because I can have a hard time controlling myself. But it seems like I can handle it pretty well now and I do well with moderation. If I cut out any food or food group that I love, I end up feeling so deprived I go totally off-plan. So it's definitely about balance.
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:28 PM   #13  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I normally consider my fresh fruit of strawberries, pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe or peaches as my dessert. I consider my between meal snacks of apple, orange or banana as just a healthy snack. About twice a month, I will share a regular dessert with DH when we are dining out. I try to keep unhealthy sweets out of the house. The exception is one piece of dessert on major Holidays or Family birthdays. I definitely have less cravings for sweets when I just leave them alone.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:18 AM   #14  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I also sometimes bake cakes, I just make sure I choose freezable recipes, cut them up and freeze them in individual portions, so that if I want to eat it it has to be as a planned treat, taken out of the freezer and defrosted in advance.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:12 AM   #15  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I eat something sweet most nights as my nighttime snack. Usually it's a blue bunny fudgesicle (35 calories). About once a month, I'll make a low calorie dessert (last week I made hungrygirl.com's oreo pie - yum). Other options are sugar free jello, pudding, yogurt or fruit. I rarely eat full calorie desserts, either at restaurants or at home.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote