Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-13-2007, 07:12 AM   #16  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Anniversary Meg!!

You are an enrichment and a blessing to many of us here. Thank You Meg.

Sincerely,

Sassy
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:28 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Dear Meg, what a wonderful post! With your permission, I'd like to print it off and share it with my Dr. Bob!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:50 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Meg -- Posts by you and the other maintainers have really helped me think about the nuts and bolts of the long term nature of my own weight loss and maintenance. As you know, I'm currently maintaining in the 170s... I don't know if I could have given myself "permission" to maintain at what others would consider such a high weight without all the dialogue around here.

I've been having a really tough and busy time at work. I've gained a pound or two in the past few weeks. But I'm amazed that I still bring my snacks and lunch to work every day, and I'm still exercising regularly (though not as much as I had been). Keeping in mind that maintenance is about doing the things that I did to lose the weight has really served me well in a stressful time. And what's more, I know that when things calm down, I can tweak things again to get back to where I was.

I thank you and ALL the maintainers who share their stories. They help so many people on so many levels!!

Congrats, Meg! Happy anniversary and MANY more!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:48 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 229/214.6/135

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations on the five years!! What an accomplishment. One that I hope to have once and for all,
Linda
happycamper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:00 PM   #20  
it's always something

You are an amazing woman

For any of you that don't know, Meg is the reason we have a Maintainers forum. She recognized the need for it and has nurtured it into such a fabulous place to visit not just to keep the weight off, but also for inspiration and preparation. Hopefully this will be the biggest group on the forum some day
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:33 PM   #21  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Wow Meg. Wow.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

It is so helpful to read your very thoughful post and know that, while maintanence is going to be a battle---- it is one that can be fought and won day after day. And while goal isn't the dream that we hoped it would be-- it sure is a heck of alot better and such such an achievment.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:52 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Thank you for posting this! I have less than 20lbs to go, so I have been thinking about the maintenance portion of this journey. I know my sister (who lost weight 5 years ago) has to be very careful. She can eat a little more than when she was losing, but not much more. This emphasizes what I've suspected for awhile; that I will always have to be thinking about what I put in my mouth.

I love hearing of people who are doing just that and maintaining! Thank you for the inspiration and congratulations!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #23  
Meg

Thank you all so much for your kind and heartwarming comments. What I didn't talk about in my post is the importance of a supportive community like ours for maintenance. Suzanne 3FC and I were discussing this and saying we don't know of any other weight loss sites that emphasize maintenance like we do here at 3FC. Support and encouragement are just as important after goal as before! It's so exciting to me that we're doing what some people say is impossible -- creating a group that's succeeding at long-term, permanent weight loss. And I love when we add new members to the group, like Libby and Chica!

Ruth, I'd be honored if you shared with Dr. Bob.

Lervly, your words touched me deeply. I hope we hear more from you.

Tammy, I almost had a heart attack when I read your post. The idea of you gaining back all the weight you've worked so hard to lose just made me sick to my stomach. If something I've written helps to prevent that, I feel truly blessed.

I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:53 PM   #24  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Meg, didn't you just post about your four year anniversary? Congratulations!!! You have been a great source of wisdom as long as I have been reading 3FC! I am so glad that 3FC really does emphasize maintenance as I know I am not the only one who had no idea "maintenance" even existed before stumbling across this website.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:12 PM   #25  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Meg - you're such an inspiration!
clvquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:31 PM   #26  

Meg, Your posts touch so very many lives, I too have printed copies and passed them on to friends and family who would benefit from the insite your share.

Thank you,
Evangeline

PS

Don't forget to add this thread to the "Best of Maintainers" sticky.
EofAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:12 PM   #27  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Meg! How did I miss this a couple days ago?

Congratulations!!!

You have been an inspiration to me since I first found 3FC. Thanks for the very informative post--yes, it makes sense. It really is a lifestyle change, and I will need to be aware of food for the rest of my life! But it's not a bad way to live, being healthy and strong!

Thank you so much, Meg!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:21 PM   #28  

MEG, congratulations on your 5th anniversary!

It seems like yesterday that I read you 4 year anniversary post....many many thanks for the support you give out and the example that you set in leading our lives in the shaoe that we want, even if the road gets bumpy.

Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:09 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations on your huge milestone - 5 years!!!! Your post is beautiful and inspiring as usual!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #30  

Late to the party, as usual!

Seriously, Meg, you are such an inspiration! We're all so proud of you!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote