Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-15-2007, 10:42 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hello Everybody,

Still lurking - following my food plan to the 'T' for 2-3 days then going astray.
Scale is really reflecting that
Was doing so well yesterday, spent 1 hr x-country skiing and then came home to a V-day dinner and of course chocolates.

Allison - where can I find the 3FC progress chart? I think need to set some solid goals and get serious!

Lily - I hope you reclaim your house and sanity - long term guests are sooo disruptive.

Have a great day all.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:58 AM   #47  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Airegrrrl, I think you must be right about the living in a two story house thing. At my parents' house, the bedrooms and bathrooms are upstairs, so I go up and down multiple times per day. Even if I don't leave the house all day, I definitely feel like I've moved around more than when I spend the day in my 1-floor apartment.

Well, only a few more days of my 6-month "vacation" left. I start working for real next week. I feel that it will be good to feel like I am contributing to society every day, but in some ways, I'll miss this leisurely lifestyle. Even though the last 6 months have been very limiting in what I've been able to do financially (I haven't gone to movies, rented videos, bought unnecessary groceries/household items, taken art classes, purchased new clothing, or gone on nonessential trips), it's still been a well-needed recouperation time. I think I will also probably have to be a lot less active on this board as life gets busy again. Hopefully I will still be able to keep up with things here!

I'm still pretty nervous about my new job, but I've been trying to do some self-directed review and reading over the last few weeks to prepare and ease the anxiety. I hope I can do a good job! I hope I can remain sane!
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:20 PM   #48  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, my son made it home from work safely at 4AM. We visited quite a while and I went to bed at 6AM. My DD got her wish and school was closed due to the snow and ice. (they waited and cancelled it at the last min. after she'd already taken a shower and got dressed). She hates it when they do that.

Thanks ladies. It reallly wasn't hard for me to stick to my eating plan with the company. More than anything I'd just get mad when she sat there eating candy, donuts, McDonald's, Wendy's,, Pizza and all the other junk and feeding crap to the kids. I didn't want her nasty food. Her idea of a meal for her and the 2 yr. old is ordering a large box of cheesy breadsticks with ranch dressing and them eating just that for a meal.

My son was griping this morning at how filthy and smelly her car is. So when she comes back today I'm getting my Expedition back from her and my son can drive it. I'm sure it will have to go to the car wash and tons of junk food sacks be thrown out.

Allison, you have very realistic goals set. I'd love to drop back to 141 by the end of April when I see my doctor again. That is my goal that I'm working at. I need to re-lose these 3 lbs. So, 3 lbs. in 10 weeks should be do-able for me. I'm not at all unhappy with my current wt. it is just that his scales always weigh me 4 lbs. higher with my clothes and shoes on.

Meg, I do really think I will keep the weight off. I'm willing to work however hard I need to keep it off. When I came to 3FC's all I knew was I wanted the weight off. I learned so much here about maintaining the wt. loss. I used to think there was something wrong with me that every time I'd lose weight, it'd come back. DUH, now I know why. I just dieted then and I didn't keep weighing after reaching goal or exercising or eating right like I'm doing now.

Tara, I hate de-skinning chicken too, but I do it with my chicken legs. We eat the legs pretty often because that is what both my kids like. Plus, they aren't very expensive. Both my kids loved the home-made chicken and dumplins for Valentines Day, DH took some to work with him and my son polished off the rest of the pot at 4AM when he got home from work. (I never thought they were good to re-heat anyway).

Meagan, I hope you get a new aerobics instructor soon.

Tara, I hope you love your new job. I'm sure you will do just fine. Starting a new job is always a little scary. I sure hear you on having to be careful with the budget while not working. I stay home full-time now and I am very careful with money. ( I do draw my long-term disability insurance) but I feel that I only buy what is essential and I bargain shop for clothes sales and such. I buy the fruits and veggies that are on sale each week. When I worked full-time, I was way less careful of how I spent money.

Last edited by lilybelle; 02-15-2007 at 12:28 PM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:47 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

sznn~here is the link to the progress chart:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Calc...rogress_Chart/

Tara~what is your new job? It is nice having a "vacation". I did it myself for about 8 months. I'd go back any minute!!!

Lily~cheesybread as a meal....gah! I just was looking at a new cookbook that I might buy, and I read this in it. It sure makes a lot of sense: "10 grams of carbohydrates in the form of squishy white bread will actually contribute more calories than 10 grams of carbohydrates in the form of fiber-enriched whole-grain bread because of the indigestibility of the fiber." The cookbook is by Dana Carpender and it is called Dana Carpender's Every Calorie Counts Cookbook. I'd like to see it in person before I buy it, though.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #50  
Working My Way Back Down

Thanks for the link, Alison. I had no idea such a chart was available! While I know how to make one in Excel - having it done is much easier.

I am flat out busy again for the next 10 days or so. Driving me nuts. I have a working lunch at church today (we're looking for a new pastor, plus trying to sell our building and build a new one, so there are people here from the national organization to advise us), then we're going into Anchorage tonight to see one of my employees perform (Sweet Adelines). Tomorrow night will be a square dance club dance and meeting. On Sat I need to show for groceries, plus a new coffee maker. In the afternoon I have a Team-in-Training practice (with the team). Oh, and clean the house. Sunday we're invited to a brunch. Next Monday night I need to attend a Friends of the Library meeting. Next Wed morning I leave for 5 days in Juneau (in SE Alaska, a 1.5 hr flight) to attend our state Library Association Conference. I'm taking Monday the 26th off to recuperate! Gads, no wonder I feel like I have no time to myself.

Lily - let's hope your DH follows through. There is no need for your SD to spend all her time with you. She's an adult, a mother with children. She needs to act like one! I know you know this and you didn't raise her. to you for trying to do this without causing a rift in the family. And ewww on the cheesybread as a meal!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:55 PM   #51  

Default Hiring an in-home personal trainer

Worth it but not cheap ($75 for each session--a bit more than an hour long). She also e-mailed me each workout the day after, so that I could correctly do it at home or the gym. Was always available for phone or e-mail questions.

I used birthday gift money to treat myself; otherwise I doubt I could justify spending that much on myself.

Robin, please give me any advice you have about being short-waisted and flat-butted--describes my perfectly. Yeah, we all come in different shapes and sizes, but I would sure be happy to have pants look nice on me.

It's nice to catch up with everyone again. My big stressors right now are finishing some major home renovations and dealing with a teenage son (he's actually in a great phase right now, but that's subject to change without notice).
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:50 PM   #52  
lilybelle

Hi everyone. I had some great sleep today after only sleeping 4 hrs. last night, I went and took a nap at noon and woke up at 5:15PM. LOL, I bet I'll be awake all night. I feel re-energized and got my house cleaned and laundry done. Went out to dinner with DH and DD for our late valentines day. I stuck to my eating plan and had a small piece of low-fat, sugar free white cake marbled with SF red jello as dessert. Very tasty.

My DD thinks I'm nuts today. As I mentioned school was closed due to snow. I told her to put her plate and glass in the sink. She said "I will in a minute". I decided not to pick it up (I'm tired of cleaning up after everyone). So, then I made her get off the couch pronto and put up her dirty dishes. When DH called home and I was asleep she told him that I'm "mean" today. LOL. I hope the snow stops and she is at school tomorrow.

Pat, I think DH will follow-through. If he don't , he knows that I will. She ended up staying at MIL's tonite due to the snow. Yippee. After all, I am "mean" right now. So they better not mess with me.
Pat, it does sound like you are going to be very busy.

Allison, that is what I'm trying to do is get my carbs in with whole grains and fruits. Now that I'm used to it, I think the grains have a better taste anyway.

Elanjel, I sympathize with you on the teenage son. My DS is 21 now and turned out to be a really responsible and caring young man. My DD is 14 now and some days she is fantastic and sometimes it is like she is an alien from a different planet. LOL. Don't even get me started on when she has PMS. LOL.

I noticed something new about myself. When I am around family that is trying to lose weight and they "cheat" with food, I'm more likely to "cheat" too. When I'm around people who aren't trying to lose weight, I don't have any desire to "cheat". I don't know why this is.

Last edited by lilybelle; 02-15-2007 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:47 AM   #53  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! Jumping back in at the end of the week here . . .

Things have been crazy for us with the snow too. We worked from home two days this week and work has been crazy the past couple days too. I'm getting frustrated since I feel like I've been tracking food and eating right and exercising for three weeks now and the scale hasn't budged. I know I just need to be patient but I have seen nothing but gains since moving to Indy (only 5lbs, but still). I'm averaging 1600-1700 cals/day and trying to exercise (although the snow threw a wrench in our gym plans this week). I guess it is time to cut down on portions or cut out a snack somewhere.

Would post more, but I have a meeting to go to!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:02 AM   #54  
lilybelle

paperclippy, sorry to hear the scale isn't co-operating for you. I'd really like to lose 3 lbs. in the next couple months. I am eating 1600-1700 cals a day too. I can maintain at this but I would have to drop even lower to get these 3 lbs. off. I've also been tracking every single bite in Fitday. I have to decide if I really want the 3 lbs. gone worse or if I want the higher calorie limit. My procrastination tellls me I want the calories. I hear you on cutting out a snack. I look forward to my snacks and would hate to cut them out. I absolutely love fruit of almost any kind and this is what I eat for snacks.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #55  

Height: 5'7"

Some very sad news to report today. I had a miscarriage last night. I'm doing very well physically, but it is going to take me a little time to wrap my brain around this. I'm alternating between feeling very sad and then numb.

Hope you all are doing well. I'll catch up with the personals in a bit.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:22 PM   #56  

Oh, Anne, I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and your family.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:40 PM   #57  
Working My Way Back Down

to you Anne. I'm soo sorry to hear this. Take good care of yourself, and give you and DH some time to grieve.

Alison - new picture in your signature? Or have I just been oblivious for awhile? Anyway, it's you and DD?

Lily - you sound much better. It's wonderful what sleep can doe for us.

After watching the rest of the country deal with storms, we are now expected to have some snow tonight or tomorrow. Thankfully, I have nothing on for the weekend that can't be cancelled if need be (though I don't want to ) The melodrama last night (Sweet Adelines production) was great fun! Lots of audience participation, including much popcorn throwing. And we got a workout as we had to park about 6 blocks away and trudge uphill on unshoveled sidewalks to get to the hall. It was like walking in loose snow!

We have a scheduled team workout for the Team in Training tomorrow, on the nice rubberized track. I'm hoping to add some more running time into my walking. I've been doing a little on the treadmill, but I think once I'm warmed up, I'll try running the short sides of the oval (which are the inclines) and see how my knees feel about that! And, even though I have sent out all my fundraising letters, I've already gotten back $250!

Have a great Friday!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:42 PM   #58  
-

S/C/G: 245/178/150?

Height: 5'10"

Oh Anne, I'm so very sorry to hear your news. Plese take good care of yourself.

Beth
CinnamonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:11 PM   #59  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Anne, I'm so very sorry. Take as much time as you need; look after yourself.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:14 PM   #60  

Yes, Pat that is a fairly new photo. I've had it on my profile for a few months, but just added it to my signature. DD wouldn't be happy if she knew!!

Wow, as I was writing this, there was an accident right outside our office. Yikes.