Lighten Up! Feeling a little stressed out over your diet? This forum is for you! Laugh a little, relax, and take a load off!

Old 11-05-2006, 08:00 AM   #1  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Default Skinny people have their own stores???

My daughter and I went to the mall last night. Mainly for the exersize, motivation of looking at smaller clothes and to get away from eating.

Guess what! Skinny people have their own store! It's right next to the plus size store. Okay now we go into the regular store and guess where all the cute clothes are? You betcha in the skinny section. LOL

What's up with that?

Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

The next time we go to the States, I'm gonna get my neice to take me to one of those. I just want to find one thing that fits. I don't even necessarily have to buy it or even get it done up properly. I just want to remember that I got into it
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285.4/285.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Actually I saw a show on some crazy channel about designers and they were talking about why the big designers don't make clothes for even average size people much less larger sized people and their was several who said it was because the people who would buy these clothes would not want to be seen wearing the same thing as a large woman would be wearing. Of all the designers they had on there only one designed large size clothes along with the smaller sizes.

I take my daughter 15yrs (size 9) and niece 17yrs (size 5) to the mall all the time and they are always going in the Body Shop and stores like that. There is alot of cute clothes (and some a little over the top that I would never let a teenager wear) I usually buy them each something per trip and wish I could fit anything in there. I told them last time we were there that as soon as I get down to a size where I could fit into something in there that they were going to be out of luck and I was going to be buying all the clothes for me instead of them. LOL They both walked around like zombies for about an hour before my niece finally came up to me and asked "Are you serious? You won't buy anything for us anymore?"

LOL I told her when I got down to my goal weight the 3 of us would do an all day shopping spree and spend rediculous amounts of money on all of us. Now she IMs me every day and asks if I have done my videos and if I've been sticking to the diet. LOL I created my own little Drill Seargent. I'll take any help I can get even if there is alternative motives for her helping.
Val424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:12 PM   #4  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
LOL I told her when I got down to my goal weight the 3 of us would do an all day shopping spree and spend rediculous amounts of money on all of us. Now she IMs me every day and asks if I have done my videos and if I've been sticking to the diet. LOL I created my own little Drill Seargent. I'll take any help I can get even if there is alternative motives for her helping.
That is a great story! I love it!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 285.4/285.4/150

Jasmine - You just gotta love kids!
Val424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 259/140/140

I guess it is a good thing the designers do this. This is one of the reasons I stay motivated. I love wearing cute clothes and if I could do that "fat" I might not be as motivated.
My 16 year old daughter loves it now that I can wear "skinny clothes". Since I don't use food as a reward, I use clothes. And of course I cannot go into one of "her" stores without buying her something. She is now keeping me motivated to keep getting smaller.

Terrie
gettingsmaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

My 14 yr. old DD loves it now that I like shopping more. Means more clothes for her of course too.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:26 PM   #8  

Greedy little urchins!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote