I got this from the 3FC mailing list, courtesy of subscriber Lois, that is hosted at Yahoo. I laughed until I cried at a couple of them!
Finally a Barbie I can relate to! At long last, here are some NEW
Barbie dolls to coincide with her and OUR aging gracefully. These are
a bit more realistic...
1. Bifocals Barbie. Comes with her own set of blended-lens fashion
frames in six wild colors (half-frames too!), neckchain and large-print
editions of Vogue and Martha Stewart Living.
2. Hot Flash Barbie. Press Barbie's bellybutton and watch her face
turn beet red while tiny drops of perspiration appear on her forehead.
Comes with hand-held fan and tiny tissues.
3. Facial Hair Barbie. As Barbie's hormone levels shift, see her
whiskers grow. Available with teensy tweezers and magnifying mirror.
4. Flabby Arms Barbie. Hide Barbie's droopy triceps with these new,
roomier-sleeved gowns. Good news on the tummy front, too-muumuus with
tummy-support panels are included.
5. Bunion Barbie. Years of disco dancing in stiletto heels
have definitely taken their toll on Barbie's dainty arched feet. Soothe
her sores with the pumice stone and plasters, then slip on soft terry
6. No-More-Wrinkles Barbie. Erase those pesky crow's-feet and lip
lines with a tube of Skin Sparkle-Spackle, from Barbie's own line of
exclusive age-blasting cosmetics.
7. Soccer Mom Barbie. All that experience as a cheer-leader is really
paying off as Barbie dusts off her old high school megaphone to root for
Babs and Ken, Jr. Comes with minivan in robin-egg blue or white and
cooler filled with doughnut holes and fruit punch.
8. Mid-life Crisis Barbie. It's time to ditch Ken. Barbie needs a
change, and Alonzo(her personal trainer) is just what the doctor
ordered, along with Prozac.They're hopping in her new red Miata and
the Napa Valley to open a B&B. includes a real tape of "Breaking Up Is
9. Divorced Barbie. Sells for $199.99. Comes with Ken's house, Ken's
car, and Ken's boat.
10. Recovery Barbie. Too many parties have finally caught up with the
ultimate party girl. Now she does Twelve Steps instead of dance
steps. Clean and sober, she's going to meetings religiously. Comes
with a little copy of The Big Book and a six-pack of Diet Coke.
11. Post-Menopausal Barbie. This Barbie wets her pants when she
ssneezes, forgets where she puts things, and cries a lot. She is sick
and tired of Ken sitting on the couch watching the tube, clicking
channels. Comes with Depends and Kleenex. As a bonus this year, the
"Getting In Touch with Your Inner Self" is included.