Lighten Up! Feeling a little stressed out over your diet? This forum is for you! Laugh a little, relax, and take a load off!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 05:03 PM   #1  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Default sweet story

Here's a truly heart-warming story about the bond formed between a little girl and some construction workers that makes you believe that we CAN make a difference when we give a child the gift of our time...

A young family moved into a house, next door to a vacant lot. One day a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty lot.

The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and spent much of each day observing the workers. eventually the construction crew, all of them gems-in-the-rough, more or less adopted her as a kind of project mascot. They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important. At the end of the first week they even presented her with a pay envelope containing a couple of dollars. The little girl took this home to her mother who said all the appropriate words of admiration and suggested that they take the two dollar "pay"
she had received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.
When they got to the bank, the teller was equally impressed and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own paycheck at such a young age. The little girl proudly replied, "I worked last week with the crew building the house next door to us." My goodness gracious,"
said the teller, "and will you be working on the house again this week, too?"

The little girl replied, "I will if those a#^holes at Home Depot ever deliver the f%$#ing sheet rock"...

Kind of brings a tear to the eye.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:20 PM   #2  
make your time

S/C/G: 184/184/140

omg I just choked on my yogurt snack! how funny!
Old 09-09-2005, 07:55 PM   #3  

LOL!!!!!!!!!! That was great! I'm sending that one to my friend who is currently remodeling her kitchen with home depot. I know it will brighten her day as she waits for her stuff to be delivered.
Closed Thread