Lighten Up! Feeling a little stressed out over your diet? This forum is for you! Laugh a little, relax, and take a load off!

Old 02-25-2014, 10:49 AM   #1  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Default 17 things that people on diets are tired of hearing

http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa/t...red-of-hearing

not entirely accurate but entertaining none the less
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/167/135

Height: 5'7"

Haha!

I've mentioned this before on this forum but my militant fat acceptance feminist friend says these things to me all the time. She also has told me that losing weight is anti-feminist act!

Last edited by PatLib; 02-25-2014 at 06:05 PM.
PatLib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:51 AM   #3  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Nice way to start my day!
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:08 PM   #4  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

OMG! Yes! Some of them are so annoying, and especially when they come from best friends or people who claim to love you but don't support your new lifestyle. I end up thinking "well... do you love me or not!? If you love me, support this thing I'm doing!"
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:23 AM   #5  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Ha! So true, many of those.

Recently for me, "You look good now, but you looked good then, too!" (when I shared a before/after pic with some friends). (It should be a compliment but it just feels like all the hard work I've done is completely trivialized by a comment like that)

Last edited by nonameslob; 04-08-2014 at 09:24 AM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:25 AM   #6  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Ha. I loved the article. Loved the thread even more when I saw Statler and Waldorf!

My favorite is the "good for you". I want to kick someone in the junk every time they say that. I feel like they're complimenting my finger painting.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:36 AM   #7  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojane View Post
Ha. I loved the article. Loved the thread even more when I saw Statler and Waldorf!

My favorite is the "good for you". I want to kick someone in the junk every time they say that. I feel like they're complimenting my finger painting.
This is exactly how I feel. I HATE when someone says it to me. I realize that people have good intentions when they say it, but it feels insulting to me.

A guy from my office saw me working out at the gym, walked up to me, patted me on the shoulder and said "good for you" with the most pathetic look on his face. It was all I could do to not punch his F***ing lights out!

I took a yoga class, and a woman came up to me and did exactly the same thing. I didn't see her saying "good for you" to skinny people in the class!

People think that because I am overweight that I never exercise, which is not true. As overweight as I am, I had been somewhat toned because I had been taking yoga, Pilates, and kickboxing in addition to strength training and hiking for a few years. My instructor told me that I am at intermediate level kickboxing and could move to advanced. I always did some type of exercise; the doctor was impressed with my core strength.

Since I know kickboxing, the next time someone says "good for you" to me, I just gonna go all Bruce Lee on their asses so they understand that fat doesn't mean lazy and weak!

Last edited by doingmybest; 04-09-2014 at 04:11 AM.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:52 PM   #8  
She's A Firecracker!

S/C/G: SW:267/ CW:200/ GW:130

Height: 5'2

It's my opinion that if people say **** like "Oh you don't need to change, you're perfect the way you are!" when you have stated over and over again that you are unhappy with yourself, miserable, and you want to better yourself, them saying anything after that is basically their way of convincing you to not change because they feel they have to treat you differently and they can't **** with you the way they did before. My parents had a fat euphemistic name for me and they have to catch themselves every now and then because the name isn't going to describe me anymore.
LittleMissWarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:22 PM   #9  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I love it when people who are thinner than me tell me I'm skinny and don't need to lose more weight. Ummm....so what you're saying is that it's not okay to be like you?

Or other people that say that and I say well if you look at a BMI chart, I'm still 30lbs overweight. Their response is always - BMI charts are wrong. MMmm...sure...but I have a mirror and I'm 30lbs overweight.

And then the other thing that gets me is that if I agree with them that I no longer need to lose weight, the obvious response is to eat crap that will make me unhealthy. ???

Or I get - How much more are you going to lose? As they look me up and down very conspicuously. Gee...I don't feel judged now. Should I take my clothes off so you can see better? Please, oh great one, tell me what I should do??

Most of the time I'm smart enough not to get into the calorie conversation but when I forget and let my guard down - WHAT?! 1200 calories, you're starving. That's why you're not losing. Nope. I'm not losing because 1200 calories is my goal but yesterday I ate like a pig and went way over. But thank you.

Or if I make the mistake and mention that I am both (mostly) vegan and trying to lose weight. "But do you get enough protein?" "don't you crave meat?" "Here's this recipe with cheese in it" "You don't want to be skinny fat when you're done." "No wonder you binged last week." "Don't you miss meat?" "chicken only has 120 calories" Ugh! eye roll!!

And another favorite - when I'm dumb enough to make a reference to bathing suit season. "I haven't been able to wear a bikini for years. We're too old for that." Ummm....I'm 35 and have been morbidly obese all throughout my 20s until the last 3 years. I'd like a turn. But mention that and I'll get nods of sympathy and looks assuming I'm on some sort of existential/youth crisis. Meanwhile, it's quite normal for people in their 30s to wear bikinis who have never been overweight but somehow they get to do it without judgement.

I've seen these meme lists before on all sorts of topics and I think the bottom line is that people have a tendency to say the DUMBEST and most uneducated things. I'm finally learning it's their idiocy and not to be so concerned or slighted by their judgement. Whether I'm pregnant, not pregnant, getting married, not getting married, skinny, dieting, not dieting, fat, wearing white on the wrong day or whatever - someone is going to have something stupid to say. I just try to avoid it now, not because it derails me but because it annoys me. But, it's good for a laugh - sometimes.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

That was pretty cute! Loved seeing Toothless right at the beginning!

Also PatLib, how is loosing weight an anti-feminist act? I'm just not seeing the logic. Cause wouldn't getting diseases like diabetes from being overweight be more of an anti-feminist act? Or better yet heart disease? Just wondering...
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:24 PM   #11  

Ha! Great article.
sw49a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I found this Wiki on "fat feminism" to answer MrsTryingAgain's months-old question:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_feminism
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:32 PM   #13  
Houda

S/C/G: 75Kg/please see thicker/60Kg

Height: 158cm

trust me folks, all this is nothing compared to when u lose weight, someone tells u u look great, not like the ugly old fat u "oh thank God look at u, u have no idea how u used to look, i'm happy for u" then u gain all ur weight back -_-'
fcoad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

"You know cake is the gateway drug" is my new response to anyone in the office who brings in treats and offers them to me.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #15  
Stiff Yoga Pretzel

S/C/G: 218/ticker/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcoad2 View Post
trust me folks, all this is nothing compared to when u lose weight, someone tells u u look great, not like the ugly old fat u "oh thank God look at u, u have no idea how u used to look, i'm happy for u" then u gain all ur weight back -_-'
That's the worst I feel for you there, I bounced back up 55 lbs myself.

One thing I'm sick of hearing are the ironic nicknames like "slim".

Or, when my family members see a celebrity on a talk show whose 50 lbs lighter than me but the same height and go on and on about how gorgeous they are but tell me I need to eat more.
MrUki is offline   Reply With Quote