Lighten Up! Feeling a little stressed out over your diet? This forum is for you! Laugh a little, relax, and take a load off!

Old 01-29-2010, 02:41 PM   #1  
SlowlySexy...

S/C/G: 278/253/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Funny kind of love...

I have something that often brings laughter from a lot of people - in fact we've laughed about it ourselves...

When I tell people that my boyfriend and I have known each other our whole lives, they assume we grew up on the same street, went to the same school, had the same friends, etc. It's when I tell them HOW we know each other that we get a lot of funny looks.

Turns out that my much older brother married John's (my boyfriend) aunt when I was quite young. This led to my oldest sister meeting my brother's wife's brother and eventually marrying him. Then came another of my sisters, falling in love with another brother of my brother's wife...keeping up with all this so far??

Thus all their kids are considered "double-first cousins"...which makes them my nieces and nephews - but also makes them John's cousins. Thus if he and I ever marry, he would be not only their cousin, but their uncle as well!!

Now I know all of this sounds quite crazy, but let me assure you that John and I are not one bit related. One night when he and I were laughing about it, he told me "Well, at least we're not related...I don't think...well, if we ARE, they better not tell us!!" LOL!!

I was telling him something just the other day about one of my niece's, and when he asked which one, I replied "Teresa...you know, the only one who's NOT related to you!" Haha...

~April~ - a dragonfly for every 5 lbs I lose!!!!

Last edited by Cute n Chunky; 01-29-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Cute n Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285.4/285.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Glad you can keep up with that. LOL I had to read it about 4 times before I could follow. I bet you do get some funny looks, probably more because their minds are about to explode trying to keep up.
Val424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:23 AM   #3  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

hahaha awesome! that would be confusing. I did run into one of my husbands distant relatives, at one of my family functions! Freaked us out at first, had to do some talking to figure out how that happened. We are NOT RELATED! Yay!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote