Old 12-14-2006, 12:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/175/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Newbie Here...

Hi everyone!

My name is Stephanie and I am new to the forum. I have a wonderful husband, Adam, and our 9 year anniversary is coming up in January. I also have a son, Samuel, who will be 2 in March. I actually started LAWL last fall and visited here off and on, but I didn't stick too it. I restarted a couple of weeks ago and am determined to make it to my goal this time. I am a consultant with a direct sales company called Once Upon a Family and I have earned a 5 day, 4 night all inclusive trip for myself and my DH to Cancun, Mexico in May. So I have to lose weight and get in shape so I can look good on the beach!! I started at 165 and weighed in this morning at 159.4. My goal weight is 130. I am on the gold plan w/lites. I look forward to getting to know all of you!
steph618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:26 PM   #2  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! Look forward to posting with you. Join us in the loser and friends thread.................
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:27 PM   #3  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Stephanie! I am a mother of a 2 year old as well....what a job that is! And, wow! What a good start! You are doing great already on your weightloss journey.
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Welcome Stephanie! My DS is 2 also, but turns 3 next Monday. Like Barb said, join us in the Losers and Friends thread. The posting really helps!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:22 PM   #5  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to our little world Stephanie!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:12 PM   #6  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Stephanie............this forum is the BEST!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:55 PM   #7  
LAWL since October, 2006

Hi Stephanie - I agree, this forum IS the best. There is so much information and support here - happy to meet you.
Makena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:02 PM   #8  
Chunkie Munky

S/C/G: 239/239/170

Height: 5'9 1/2

Question New Too!

Hi there! My name is Lise. Merry Christmas! Wow what a bad time of year to start a weight loss plan its hard to resist the treats! I am new to LA weight loss. Have a question, I won't be using the LA Lite Bars but they have told me I wont lose as much. Anyone having success without the bars?

Last edited by Chunkie Munky; 12-15-2006 at 01:08 PM.
Chunkie Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:09 PM   #9  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hi Chunkie Munky.. still lol at the name.. isn't that an ice cream.. oops forbidden food now.
You will find LOTS of girls on this thread that have done this program to the max with no Lites. Lots of the centres really push them to line their pockets but look at Evette on our board and go back into the threads and you'll find many many sucessful and slim women that did without and did well

WELCOME
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Lots of girls here do not use the bars and are having amazing successes. (Look at our poster child Evette). You simply do not get the 2lb/week guarantee, which means that you will pay for each week of weight loss to get to your goal. No big deal.

Welcome, though! I look forward to getting to know you.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:04 PM   #11  
Chunkie Munky

Default Thank You :)

I'm so excited to find this forum! I am looking forward to getting to know all of you too! Its nice to have a good group of support. I've been lacking that for a long time. IT was funny though, when I went to the LA weight loss centre for the first time she asked "So what brings you in today?" I started to laugh and said "Ummm what was it again? oh ya, my weight!!" ha ha ha. I thought it was obvious why I was there, but they are super nice. They have really pushed the bars though. I read the ingredients, Corn Syrup?! I have an appointment with my Dr. tonight. They have really upset my tummy this week (eating the samples). They told me to get a Drs note and my contract will still be valid. I paid $1389.00 for 35 weeks weight loss, 6 weeks stabilization and 52 weeks maintenance. She did say that if I have a dr's note re: the bars, then I won't have to pay for the extra weeks if I need any to reach my goal weight. But then she scared me with the whole "if you dont have a drs note and you don't reach your goal you will have to pay all this extra $$$ and those who don't use the bars lose weight MUCH slower". I must admit, I panicked
Old 12-15-2006, 04:37 PM   #12  
Post-Master

Welcome Chunky Monkey!!! LOVE YOUR NAME!!! Also, it is good to someone else who is tall. No offense to you ladies of smaller staure ( I always wished I were shorter.......all of my family is short except for me and my daddy). I am not using bars either.....and I am doing just fine. I am averaging over 2 lbs a week, and I am in week #8 of weight loss. Don't worry about the guarantee or the rebate or any of that. Worry about taking good care of yourself and making healthy choices. I love the bars.....but could not tolerate them. If you can get a dr.s note....by all means, get one. If you cannot.......don't sweat it. Just concentrate on all of the wonderful benefits of this program. I, along with many other women here, do not purchase any LA products. I do not think they are bad (well, maybe a little, but not harmful), they are just not in my budget. Many many ladies here use the bars and supplements, and that is what works for them. I like to think of their products as tools to help you change your behavior. If you have the right tools, the job is much easier and takes less time. You may or may not need their products........but their eating program is their main tool to aid you in weight loss. Use the heck out of it. Use the counselors. Use whatever you need to to be successful. Cassi reminded me, when I was worried about not using the bars, that you can always change your mind.

Best of luck to you ms monkey..and your doc is going to be so proud of you for taking this great step towards better health!!!
Old 12-15-2006, 05:51 PM   #13  
Chunkie Munky

Default Hi :)

Hi! Nice to meet you! I was shopping with a SKINNY friend of mine a few weeks ago on a trip to Vegas. I told her we needed to go to the plus size department, she said "the what", I said "You know, the Rolley Polley department, the Chunkie Monkey department"...she laughed hysterically at me and now the name has stuck! I think its cute I am a bit worried so far, its like day 3 on the gold plan with the sample bars and I'm struggling a bit. I guess its a change that will take a bit to adjust to. I am excited to see what the plan is without these bars. I am hoping I will be satisfied enough not to "fall off the wagon." I am also hoping I can get some extra support at XMAS. My family loves the sweets. I've decided to do some extra reading, relaxing, napping over the holidays at my family's home so I dont get tempted. I find that when I'm visiting other people I get bored easily sitting around and then, well, eating just becomes something to help pass the time. I have a long way to my goal but I'm excited! Did anyone feel really hot after a few days of eating the bars? I have been roasting all day today.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:42 AM   #14  
Whitney on LAWL

S/C/G: 174.6/158.8/145

Height: 5'3

Welcome to the forum, Steph and Chunkie Munky!! I am in week 7 of LAWL and have lost 12.2 lbs. & 8 in. w/o the lites. I can't use them because I had a kidney stone in august--i'm only 18! I do use the vitamin pack and I've just recently started using the fb500/trimax package and in the first week of using them I lost over 3lbs. My family has been really supportive of me and I hope that I am making an impact on their lives as well. I think that's the best Christmas present I can give them. I find that if you can incorporate exercise into your plan, you will see much better results, especially with the inches lost. Good luck and I look forward to posting with you!

Last edited by tigerpawswhit; 12-16-2006 at 02:45 AM.
tigerpawswhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:48 AM   #15  
Post-Master

Chunky............I was checking out your ticker, and I coudln't help but notice that you probably should be on the purple plan with lites. I don't think the gold plan has enough food for you. That happened to me, when I first started. The girls here brought it to my attention, and I asked at my COD. It was true........they had started me on the wrong plan. The purple plan has more food..........and don't be alarmed.......if you don't eat enough, you will not lose. I quit the bars, and now I am on the red plan, which has even more food. You really should NOT feel hungry on this plan. If you are getting really hungry, your metabolism shuts down, and your body thinks it is starving......and then it holds on to every ounce it can. I am sure it was just an oversight, or an over-zealous counselor......but check it out. Most of us have trouble getting all of our food in.........and we aren't hungry.