Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 01:18 PM   #76  

Fiddler, We don't do much either but you can come here for dinner if you want.......it's a little noisy with all the family here but it's only for a day. ha!
Old 12-27-2006, 03:19 PM   #77  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Fiddler, We don't do much either but you can come here for dinner if you want.......it's a little noisy with all the family here but it's only for a day. ha!
LOL, thanks for the invite but it would probably be a bit of a drive
Old 12-28-2006, 01:42 PM   #78  

I'm just realizing that most anything tastes good when you're hungry and even my favorite food doesn't taste good when I'm not particularly hungry, even though it's "time" to eat. And do I ever hate that stuffed feeling but sometimes get there without thinking. This is definitely a learning experience. I got to thinking about when I was thin before I had kids, even after my 3rd baby, and wondering what I did different. I will be working on that one for awhile. I was never very athletic, not according to today standards, and I ate just about what I wanted. I sure didn't obsess over my weight maybe because I was 115 and 5'4". Thanks everyone here at IE for all the tips and just the sharing.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:56 AM   #79  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Hey ladies, Schedule is a little wacky with New Years ( as I am sure everyone's will be) So just wanted to wish you an early Happy New year.

Life is going ok. I joined a thread called what I did for me. Which has helped me focus on the little choices I make through out the day. For instance I have been in training all week so I've had to get up earlier than usual and I buy an ice coffee from Star Bucks and eat some fruit. No problem. Except I have been watching the food display case like a kid eyeing Christmas presents. I am not hungry, it is just I am in starbucks so that is what I used to do without thinking about. So for me I left the display case alone, stuck to my pears and coffee and was happier for it.

Also I think the scale did something to me. I keep having this intense desire to get on it to see if I lost anything else, but I also have no desire to go through the disappointment so leaving it alone. I keep thinking I am only 5 lbs away from my first mini goal......the scale is a dangerous dangerous thing.

Something else I couldn't stop being hungry yesterday. I think i was eating too little since i was going to the movie and then didn't eat enough there and ended up eating again when I got home.

Ok, of the soapbox. hope everyone is doing ok.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:54 PM   #80  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Well, where is everyone? Oh yeah, Happy New Year!
Fiddler - I read from another thread that you play the fiddle. I was going to ask you if you did! What kind(s) of music?
Obi - keep that soap box ready. I'm about to get on mine but I'm trying to squelch myself; there are so many things I feel like expounding upon but I am not sure when where or even if!
Have any of you ever fasted at all; does this appeal to anyone else? Can that be part of intuitive eating? It really does appeal to me; for now I'll just touch on that subject - maybe i will explain more later.
peace
jo
Old 01-03-2007, 10:56 PM   #81  
Intuituve Eater

Glad to see someone had returned from vacation. Holidays weren't horrible. I gave myself a week or so to just eat whenever. I didn't eat alot, just didn't ONLY eat when I was hungry. Back on track now. One of my goals was to stop eating out so much. Brought food in, I ate my 2 pears and precooked meal (lean cuisine kinda thing except it is form the organic section of the supermarket-it was tikki masala, very good) anyway, I ate that and then wasn't sure if I was hungry....boss ended up treating for dinner and by the time the food arrived I was probably about a 4 on the hunger scale. Ate it, wasn't full just satisfied, home and feeling ok.

I got to my 100 mile goal 2 days later, but I made it. Nice to finally accomplish something. Next weigh in is Jan 15th. Tomorrow I start my workout for the new year. How is everyone else doing?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:06 AM   #82  

Great job on the 100 miles, Obi. As to fasting, Jo, I have done a lot of that in my life and I think that my weight problem got worse after that. Just my personal opinion. If dieting, including fasting, has taught our bodies to hold on to fat......just as if we were in a famine situation.....then the opposite should cause weight loss. There are other good reasons for fasting.....some health practioners use it......but I don't think weight loss is one of them.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:09 AM   #83  

This girl doesn't say much but I thought it was interesting what she did say.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...95#post1513095
Old 01-04-2007, 10:48 AM   #84  

Do you all read a lot here? I just thought it would be fun to post some of the thing we found interesting......not saying I agree with them.....just interesting. Here's another.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...80#post1515480
Old 01-04-2007, 11:25 AM   #85  
breakfast rebel

I was not thinking of fasting specifically for weight loss but more as a philosophical thing. I may come across as being too harsh here, and sometimes when I express myself I sound inadvertently nasty, (I apologize in advance) but here goes.
I am getting so sick of consumerism (in the case of food, that means literally consume-rism!) Someone referred me to the Hungry-Girl website where one example of what you can find there is "you can have 20 times as much Tofu Shirataki for the same number of calories as spaghetti." Now I ask is this really what we want??? Is our goal to not be fat, while eating as much food as we can, and not be fat? If so, why is this the goal? I find it sort of disgusting. I find it disgusting if we are talking either about calories or total volume of food. Suppose if I use every "trick" in the book whether it be supplements that increase the metabolism, timing of eating, whatever, and by doing so I can maintain an ideal body weight of 120 lbs eating 1800 calories a day. So what?? Is that really any better than maintaining an ideal body weight of 120 pounds by eating only 1000 calories a day? My metabolism is already slow from some of the meds I take but I think that's fine; it means I don't have to eat so much. Why does everybody want to eat so much? Ok, I am in many ways a minimalist. I drive a Honda Civic hybrid and I love how I don't have to keep feeding it gas all the time. I don't have a lot of clothes and I like knowing I don't have the type of career that demands that I have a lavish wardrobe. Why should it be any different with food? Less food = less stuff to think about. That's what my intuition tells me anyway! When I was a kid, eating was my least favorite thing to do. I remember that, and I'd like to go back to that part of being a kid. So, for reasons of disgust and rebellion perhaps, I'd like to fast for awhile. Ok, maybe I could throw in some spiritual side interests in it as well.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 238/216/148

Height: 5'7"

Hi, ladies!

I used to belong to another forum (a small one) that had 2 - 3 other people interested in IE, but their interest died about the same time that forum got even SMALLER. When that died, I fell away from IE because I had no support .... and at the same time I had a lot of hard things going in my life. I forgot about IE and got nowhere with my weight loss. Plus a few more pounds, of course.

And now....

I've been lurking around the boards at 3FC for several weeks, trying to find my way around, find a place or two to settle in -- and I found this IE thread!!!!! I've spent the past two days (in between taking care of my two littlest ones, housework, etc) reading the previous IE threads (and I'm still not caught up)! But I wanted to come say hello anyway!

It's helped so much just reading the old posts, seeing like-minded people, being reminded of things I know. I can't tell you how much easier it's been to pass on food several times just because of this. It's reminded me of a WOE that works for me. I also feel like I'm not alone in my WOE. And like an article quoted in one of the those old posts, support can make such a difference. Well, I may not have posted yet and had that type of support but, like I said, just knowing you're not alone, knowing you're not the only one with an unsupportive/criticizing husband, etc. Hearing people going through the same situations, thoughts, emotions you do -- you know what I mean. We've all walked down similar roads. It helps. And sharing just makes it that much better. That's why I decided to post now instead of waiting until I was done "catching up" like I'd originally planned.

And, on top of that, I had a small breakfast this morning with nothing since then because I'm not hungry yet (though I'm getting there). Normally I would have snacked a couple of times by now! And yesterday afternoon was pretty good, too. But this morning? That's a huge success for me!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 12:51 PM   #87  
breakfast rebel

Hi BlueJay -
Nice to meet you!
What's WOE? I'm so bad at these TLA's (three letter acronyms - eeeeek!)
peace
jo
Old 01-04-2007, 01:46 PM   #88  

Jo, WOE is way of eating, I think and I say "amen" to your last post. I think I just want to find a say of eating where I'm not hungry all the time and can still lose yet not eating things I don't like. Welcome, Deb.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:47 PM   #89  

That should have been way of eating. ha!
Old 01-04-2007, 01:55 PM   #90  
Intuituve Eater

Hey Bluejay welcome to the group. I have to say after I browse some of the other thread it is nice to come "home" to the IE thread.
Closed Thread