Old 11-01-2006, 07:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Default LAWL Losers and Friends - November 2006

New month and the holidays are around the corner. Here's to some great losses over the holidays!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:10 AM   #2  
Holly on LAWL

S/C/G: 148/143/124

Height: 5'4"

I am going to have to bring my kids Halloween candy to work here soon to keep from eating it!!!! What are the rest of you chickies doing with all that leftover candy?
holly321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/215/175

Height: 5'5"

I went back and looked at my weight tracker...I only lost 5.4lbs in October. Geez. Guess it's better than nothing.
meagain716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:24 AM   #4  
One pound at a time...

Morning Ladies! I went to the COD last night and lost another 2.2 lbs so I am now on my third goal. Pardon me whilst I do my happy dance! Okay, I feel better now. I had a hard time getting past a certain weight on the scale (I stalled at Jenny Craig), but I made it through, which I am thrilled about. I have to admit, the more I work with this program, the more and more convinced that this is the best suited to my lifestyle.

Happy Wednesday everyone!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:37 AM   #5  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Default Sv & Nsv

Good morning, ladies! Well, I had a big NSV as a result of my SVs. I hit the 100 lb mark this weekend (on my scale at home). I will update my avatar once I get the official 100 lb mark at LAWL. I have not been in to weigh this week.

But ... here are some before/current pictures. I was excited. Still a long way to go, but I can REALLY see a difference!

Hope everyone had a happy halloween!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Christmas 2005.jpg (38.4 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Halloween 2006.jpg (24.7 KB, 71 views)
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:37 AM   #6  

Holly - Bringing the candy to work is a good idea. As long as you aren't going to eat it while you're at work. If the kids are in daycare, you could send it in to them, or bring it in to your church, or give it to your child's teacher to use as "treats" or "prizes" or put in a "treasure box" (that's what DH does - he teaches third grade). The kids' teachers might actually appreciate it because they buy all that stuff out of their own pocket for the kids.

Meagan - I've only lost about that much too. Then they took my measurements and I lost 3" in each of my waist and hips! Make sure your COD measures you every four weeks. And, yes, it's a slow process for some of us, but it's better than looking back at your October weight and having a gain, which very well may have happened had you not been on LAWL. Hang in there and focus on the good changes!

Carol - WOO HOO! I'll happy dance with you. I know about the "stall". I weighed between 201-217 for about five years. I am fighting for every ounce to get out of this window. It's happening, but slowly, and this time I'm not giving up.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:38 AM   #7  

Erin - How awesome!!! (But there weren't any pictures, and I'm dyin' to see them)
Old 11-01-2006, 08:54 AM   #8  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Here's to everyone who made it through last night without disaster!!!

WHOOHOOOO!!!!

Here's to everyone who lost in October!!!!

WHOOOHOOO!!!!

Here's to a very successful November, you LOSERS!!!

WHOOOHOOOO!!!!

Erin......you look incredible......you should be so proud of yourself!!!! Did you begin this jouney in Jan 2006???

Carol.......congratulations on continuing to lose. 2.2 is a great loss!!!

Last edited by Mama Nicole; 11-01-2006 at 09:01 AM.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:58 AM   #9  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

Erin Your pics are amazing! The before/current...wow what a difference and I am sure your in-laws will be tongue tied!

Carol - Great loss! Keep on dancing!

Megan - Keep workin' it...Cassi's right ya'know.

Holly - Give the candy to your nieces/nephews! Your ijn-laws will be appreciative...but look out because Christmas is around the corner and paybacks could get nasty!

Cassi - Good Morning! You are always bright eyed and bushy tailed.....beat me here all the time. Have a GREAT day.
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:20 AM   #10  
Kim - IP 9/10

Now I know why nobody is on the October thread... Duh!

Hi guys. Hope everyone had fun last night.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:31 AM   #11  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Good Morning All
Sounds like we all survived the lurking candy. It is everywhere all over my house. All the grandparents showed up as well last night to see our kids dressed up and were all having wine and treats. I stuck with my water and lemon and didn't have a bite of any Halloween candy. It is amazing how much loot my 3 year old and 20 month old got! My goodness!
So I was down 0.4 today.. and yes I'm trying to pat on the back for losing but with all the resisting yesterday I had hoped for a tad more of a reward. So I'm still within two of Onederland and hoping as it is TOM that I will get a big loss next week so I can hit my magic goal.
Erin your photos are incredible..what an inspriration you will be to all those on the boards.. they'll have to make you one of the new commerical girls.
To everyone else get away from the candy and grab a chocolate Lite instead.

Have a super day all!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:31 AM   #12  
Kim - IP 9/10

Congrats on your loss Carol - good luck heading into your next mini-goal!

Erin!!!!!!! WOW! I guess that I never really noticed how far you have come sice you started. You look absolutely awesome, and I guess that means you hit your "trip to in-laws" goal. What an accomplishment.

Meagan - "Only" 5.4lbs? Stop stressing! I remember when you first started posting how hard it was for you to change your lifestyle - you've come a long way baby! 5.4 is great!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:32 AM   #13  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Michelle.....how was the bash last night????? I showed your post to DH last night, and he was impressed as well. Halloween must be just as good as Christmas in your neighborhood. Our kids had a lot of fun too. Our neighborhood rocks on Halloween. There are many many adults dressed up giving out candy....not to mention many lurking and sneaking up on us. Our kids had to tell jokes in order to get "the good candy" from quite a few people. If they told a good joke, they got a full size candybar. They had so much fun.

It was tough for me, as this was the first year that I went trick o treating and didn't smoke or eat candy. I sucked on my water bottle diligently. It helped, I guess. I quit smoking in May. Still miss it, but I am ok. And now, with my decision to quit eating for sport......let's just hope I don't end up going crazy!!! LOL!!! Actually, I feel pretty darn good for all of the changes I have put myself through in the last six months. I don't know why it took me until I was 36 to start caring about myself and my health.....but it really doesn't matter now. I am just glad I do now. Any other smokers or ex-smokers out there? I won't lecture you......no, not at all. I am just curious.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Happy November everyone!!!

I can't believe it's November already. The year is almost over. Let's finish out strong.

Don't look at your October losses as smal, a loss is a loss. I at this point will take whatever I can get. I am actually looking forward to starting this 21 day boost. I decided I would mention it to my COD on Saturday just to see what they have to say. I think it will be interesting.

Last night, I didn't feel that great and was bad. I had a slice of pizza. But I stopped at one. So I am not going to beat myself up over it. I know that I probably will not show a loss Saturday either because we are celebrating my birthday on Friday at a Japanse Steak house. YUMMM!!

Deb, I didn't see where you answered me, so I am asking you again sorry. Did you use any substitutions during your 21 day boosts and if so what did you use?

Ulanda
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:01 AM   #15  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

Nicole - It was a hit! We all agreed to go in doors at 8 p.m. as it was getting cold fast and it doesn't matter what hot liquid is in your cup...my digits were cold! I imagine the kids will all be sharing their stories at school today...

I am an ex-smoker myself...I believe a lot of us are,actually. I quit 4 years ago or more...still have a craving 1 or 2xs a year...like New Years Eve as crazy as that sounds...or when the in laws come to visit...I also crave alcohol when they are here though....glad that doesn't happen often!
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote