Old 11-30-2006, 10:42 AM   #856  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone. Happy Thursday!

Well, I went to the COD last night and am down another fraction of a lb. Not sure why the slowness here lately, maybe there is a TO in my future soon. We'll give it another week and see what shakes out.

Lea Ann - Your family is gorgeous! Can't believe those homes in your neighborhood, I guess they really DO do it bigger in TX! BTW, you're still lookin hawt!

Joni - Your before/after pics are GREAT! You're a cutie! Thanks for the recap of Dr. Oz. Interesting about men and the 35 lb loss. Now see, I thought it was just me, because since we've been married my DH has gone from 165 to 250 lbs, and is now at about 225. I THOUGHT things were a little uh...different, but I've noticed that as I continue to drop, its ALL GOOD!!!!

Nicole - Pearl took the words right out of my mouth about your DD. My DS suffers something very similar, and I am prone to thinking that he may be depressed, because I suffer from depression. Anti-depressants never helped me (maybe I never found the right ones), but meditation and prayer, and quiet time has seemed to help. I encourage my DS to join me every day, but I don't force him. Sometimes he will join me, sometimes not. He has always had poor performance in school, and after the IEPs, the unnecessary ADHD medications that did not help at all, intervention meetings with school officials and the like, it boiled down to the fact that he is just not motivated by anything at all, not even the fear of failing. As his mom, that left me totally confused. Everyone else thought he was just lazy, but he is not a lazy child. Only this year have I seen any real, consistent improvement in his performance in school and I attribute that to two things: I know that he takes his own time for prayer every evening, cause sometimes I can't use my meditation space cause he's there and I don't want to disturb him, but also this year he has taken an interest in sports (football and wrestling so far). Before he never wanted to do any extra-curriculars at all. I know how it feels to be at your wits end, with no real help in sight. Its really great that there appears to be a break in sight for you all, because when all is not right with our children it really wears on our spirit like nothing else. Hang in there, keep the faith, and continue to let her know that you are there for her every step of the way.

Cassi, Repo, MTDebster, Pearl, and all...here's to US!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:57 AM   #857  
Martha's losing on LAWL!

S/C/G: 204/146/135

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Leann and Joni, "Trickeration" isn't a real word I don't think. But I can't take credit for it. I am a football geek fan and I hear sports commentators on ESPN use the term all the time. I like it and adopted it. Don't feel bad about the number of pounds etc. I don't have big families to care for. My daughter is away at college so its just me to feed. Makes it easier when you don't have to cook and eat with the rest of the family.

Pearl, You are absolutely right--its not a deal if there is an "if" in the equation!

I emailed the main LAWL web site this am with my rantings about the center. We'll see if they respond. I asked them not to contact the COD until they had responded to me. Last time I did this, they practically sent the dogs out after me. Unfortunately the manager just gave me another snow job and I still didn't get the answers I was looking for at the time. I now know just to come here when I have questions. Our resident "manager" cassi and all the rest of you give me the help I need.

Just downloaded the exercise videos (Dr Oz) from Oprahs website if anyone is interested they are free!!
mbfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:04 AM   #858  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning ladies! As usual, it is refreshing to see your smiling faces.

Pearl- Well, you know smokers are usually thinner than the rest of us, so I say, Give hunger the bird!

Joni- Looking good!

Lea Ann- What a great picture of your family. Snow day? I am so jealous. Wonder if I could ever close the daycare due to snow?

Nicole- Hugs to you and your daughter.

JM- Meth in the coffee again? I found coffee with Hoodia in it online, but no such luck on the meth.

It is a whopping 2 degrees here this morning. As my grandmother would say, it is colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra. I am still struggling to get back OP. I do good for a day or two, then swan dive off the wagon. I am really ready to be done battling the scale, though. I am ready to committ back fully. I think that I am out of weeks at the center, though. I am going to go in there and talk to them today, I just want to get my maintenance stuff from them. Do you think that they will give it to me?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:08 AM   #859  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

You ladies are cracking me up!!

Miss Hawthorne- to the group.

Keshia- 30 degrees right now here in Montana is a heat wave compared to the below zero weather we have been having. We would all be out in short sleeve shirts.

Joni- LOVE the pics. Huge difference. Pearl is right about the smile, your face lights up!!! You are looking good girl!! Also thanks for the heads up on Oprah. I didn't get to see the first one so I DVR'd it yesterday and watched it last night. DH watched it with me and all the talk about sex and gaining the inch got him all involved. I guess I can probably talk him into anything if I promise him some more lovin .

Cassi- I hope that kitchen is coming together for you, I bet it looks awesome!!

Lea Ann- Love the family pic. Poor Lexi, but I know exactly how you feel. We had professional photos done with one of our dogs, and I will never go through that again. What a hassle. I'd like to get a pic of us with all the dogs, but I don't think that will happen without a nervous breakdown. I love the SF apple cider, I usually have it with a T. of FF whipped cream on top. So yummy when it is cold.

Kayla- bummer about the drive and then them being closed. Hopefully they can figure out where you need to be plan wise to get you going.

Nicole- It's great that you are doing everything in your power to help out your DD. So many kids just get written off to being dramatic teenagers or peer pressure. Hopefully they can find out what is going on and get it taken care of.

Carmen- I'm glad to hear your DS is finding things that helps himself, and that it is working.

For you ladies that are at your wits end with the pushy centers, speak to the manager and have them put in your folder on the front so that it gets seen by every counselor "No sales pitches" or something like that. You are the boss/customer and they work for you, don't let them push you around or drive you away because of it. They do work on commission and that is why they try so hard on the sales pitch.

Ok, the temperature has gotten above zero, but with that comes 50 MPH winds. The 10 inches of snow we have has now become 2-3 ft. drifts. Good thing I have 4WD or I wouldn't even be able to get out of the driveway because there is no way I am going out and shoveling snow in this cr**. I've got an appointment in town or else I wouldn't even be going out in this junk.

Will check in later ladies. Have a wonderful POP day!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:10 AM   #860  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Katie--when I refused to buy more weeks she said I could just change my goal weight with the center and start stab/maint. It's certainly worth a try. I know you get to a point where you already know all they have to offer--and then some around here. Good to see you.

Thanks to all on the photo--I was pretty proud of it myself. I do have a beautiful family--can't blame the genes since everyone thought both were adopted forever! Both girls were born with blond hair and very blue eyes--certainly looking nothing like DH and I! Oh well. My oldest is the spitting image of my middle sister and the baby is ornery like the rest of us so I know they are mine at least--lol.

Thanks to all for the super sweet comments--the only reason I can make myself post a photo is because I know how nice you all are! Good for the ol self esteem.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:21 PM   #861  
Lara on LAWL

S/C/G: 176.8/176.8/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Weigh in.

So, I go in today for my weigh-in during my second day of TO! I am excited, but I don't want to be too hopeful. Tomorrow we are having our Christmas Party for work and I LOVE FOOD, so we will have to see how that does. Plus my fiance' has a show for his band tomorrow night and I like to have a couple of drinks when I go. Dangit! And Nebraska is playing in the big 12 Championship game on Saturday also! We like to have a few beers during the game and pizza! I guess that I can use my carb craver and have veggie lover's or something.
Anyway, I will let you know how it goes today! Maybe it will be a motivator to be good this weekend!
Miss Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:31 PM   #862  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon everyone,

How are you all doing?

Joni, you look fabulous!

Nicole, you are your DD biggest advocate and you have every right to try to get her whatever help you feel is necessary. Keep on loving her and I know that everything will work out fine.

I am sure with that Dr. Oz comment, more men are going to get interested in what he has to say! My husband has gained a little weight since the 15 years of marriage, but I haven't noticed anything shrinking.

Cassi, I am glad that things are moving along for your kitchen renovation, we need to get our kitchen done, that's the only room in the house that hasn't been updated because it costs too much money. So I think it's going to wait until the car is paid off.

My scale at home was down 2 lbs, but I don't know if it will show it on the COD scale. Actually, I am going to have to miss this week, because I have to go out of town.

Our temperatures are rapidly dropping her in Michigan. They are expecting a storm, but it usually misses us the first time around. I hope for a snow day, but I don't know if I will get my wishes.

Have a wonderful day everyone! You are all my SHEROES!!! Because of your success, I know that I can accomplish my goals.
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:46 PM   #863  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Katie – the COD gave me my maintenance information early. When I was within ten pounds from my goal and before I got pregnant I told them that “I needed to see what the light looked like at the end of the tunnel” and that “I needed something to look forward to for some encouragement”. The counselor believed me and gave me the information but she was hesitant and she didn’t write it in my file because she didn’t want to get in trouble. My reasons where somewhat truthful, but at that time we were trying to conceive and I thought about how they’ll treat me when I return after the baby. They told me right when I joined (and confirmed it when I went on hold) that if I got pregnant while still in the weight loss phase, I wouldn’t have to buy more weight loss weeks when I returned (even though I already used them up but I just hadn’t reach goal like they promised). But I don’t trust them and I have no way of knowing who will be working there when I return so I wanted all the information just incase we get into it when I return. If they try to make me buy more weight loss weeks they will be refunding the 52 weeks of maintenance that I paid for and never used.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:35 PM   #864  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Thank you all so much for the sweet, encouraging words about my DD........I told her that no matter what, we were not giving up on her, so she might as well just get used to it. You ladies are dear friends, and I really appreciate your time. I will do more personals later.....right now I have to get to my muddin!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:40 PM   #865  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey guys! I just got my ornament in the mail! I am soooo excited about this! I had to put it up high cause my kiddos wanted to open it.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:00 PM   #866  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Default 2 week challenge with a PRIZE!

Okay - I need a challenge to motivate me and get me through the next two weeks. Saturday morning I am going to step on my home scale, butt naked, right after I wake up. That will be my starting weight. I will be POP and exercise and see where I am, weightwise, on Saturday morning, December 16.

I would like to get folks to join me in the challenge and there is a prize for the winner! Yes, even I could be a winner!

The prize is a very neat photo cube ornament kit (you can see more detail at loveontheblocks.com). I just bought this at a craft show this afternoon. It's a lot neater than the picture on the website shows.

The rules:
(1) Only participate if you are truly up for the challenge for the full 2 weeks, and can report your starting weight to me by Saturday, 12N eastern time.
(2) PM me if you are interested in playing;
(3) You must have started the program on or before October 1, 2006 (sorry to the newbies, but this makes it a bit more fair for those of us that have slowed down after the honeymoon phase!)
(4) The winner will be based on percentage of weight lost vs. actual pounds (I think that's how Biggest Loser does it).

I'll mail the photo ornament kit on Saturday, Dec 16, so the winner will have plenty of time to create a special Christmas ornament for yourself or someone special! Of course, my goal is NOT to mail the ornament; I want to win! only time will tell!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:12 PM   #867  
Lara on LAWL

S/C/G: 176.8/176.8/140

Default I took off!

Well, I weighed in today and in the middle of the second day of take off I had lost 1.5 pounds. That was cool but what was even better was the fact that I had lost 4.5 inches since I started the program in mid October! My goal is to fit into a size 10 dress by the wedding (the say that dresses are sized small (or big how does that work?) so I hope to be fitting in size 8 jeans when I am "done" in March and to maintain that for the wedding...and beyond!!
I need ot get some pictures up here so you guys can get to know me a little better. Maybe I will do that now!
I wish I could do the challenge for the two weeks with you guys...some extra motivation for the holidays, but I understand the reasoning and I wish you all luck! Maybe I will check in with you just to keep myself accountable!
Miss Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:56 PM   #868  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Hey gang Still super busy at work. went to WI yesterday and was down 2.2 That puts me 1 pound away from my ticker, so I'm cruisin back into gear.
Hope everyone is doing ok, and sorry for being my usual slacker self and not posting personals. someday I will be back to normal and not so dang busy. I'm positive my lack of losing has much to do with not posting and having you gals around every day.

Hugs,
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:40 AM   #869  
Barb on LAWL

Quote:
My goal is to fit into a size 10 dress by the wedding (the say that dresses are sized small (or big how does that work?) so I hope to be fitting in size 8 jeans when I am "done" in March and to maintain that for the wedding...and beyond!!

I had to order my wedding dress 1 size bigger (12), It all depends on the dress and the way they make it. I tried on dresses that were my normal size of 10 and they fit and then I would try something else on and it would not zipper and better yet I would try something on in a smaller size and it would fit. Each designer is different so do not let the sizes get you down when you do look or buy one! Even though it is a bigger size then what I normally wear I look and feel like a princess so that is what makes me happy.

I weigh in today! I am alittle nervous but we will see. I will post the offical total later on!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Barb316; 12-01-2006 at 08:05 AM.
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote