LA Weight Loss #35

You're on Page 7 of 8
Go to
  • Not feeling it!
    Hi guys! I'm sorry I've been so absent on the boards!!!! I've been working TONS of overtime, and I've barely been home. Today is my day "off", which means I don't have to go in until five, and all I have to do is close the store! UGH!!!!! Will it ever end?

I've been basically staying on plan, but it's been hard with all meals being on the run, and at work when I do have a chance to eat, I usually can't leave the store, because I'm the only one "in charge" there. And I haven't been able to go to the gym in AGES!!! I skipped going the center yesterday, on Friday I was still down for the week, but up from Wednesday. I'm at 196.5. Still under that 200 pound mark, so I'm not going to complain. I just don't FEEL like going to the center this week!!!! LOL

Hubby is also off tonight, so I think what I'm going to try to do is go to the gym after work tonight. I only have to work 2-2 1-2 hours, so that should be no problem. I get so jealous when I come home in the evening dog tired and ask him about his day and he tells me he went to the gym or for a bike ride. My gym is open 24 hours during the week, but after working and taking the deposit to the bank, I'm exhausted. The past four nights I fell asleep on the couch trying to spend some "quality" time with my husband!!!!

CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY!!!!

I'm so glad to see everyone else doing well though! I only have a limited time on the puter today, so I only scanned the entries!! I'll try to catch up a little later, but as you can probably imagine, everything else if off schedule too, and that includes my housework and laundry.....I think that housework and ESPECIALLY laundry should burn TWICE as many calories as an hours workout!!!!!

Take CARE!!!!!

STarting Weight 232.5
    Current Weight 196.5
    Goal: HOTTIE
  • I made it to Augusta safe and sound yesterday. I had a pretty good on plan day as well. I didnt get in my dairy or all of my water, but no major no nos.

When my flight got in I went straight to the site to check things out and I couldnt get away!! I got up 3:45 Monday morning and didnt check into my hotel until after midnight. Needless to say, I slept VERY WELL last night.

I think I am going to be working in the evening times when there are less people around so my schedule is going to be a bit wacky. It is 11am here and I just had breakfast! I went to the grocery store and stocked the hotel fridge with on plan food. Hopefully that will keep me on track!

I had a grilled chicken salad from Wendy's yesterday. They had fat free french dressing. I was pretty good and pretty filling too.

Well...guess I better call the office and check in...see what time they need me.

I will post again soon!

Take care all...and be gooooood!
  • Hello all!!

I am on my first day of detox and hoping I can get through this - I am such a bread girl and can't have any Ugh... I'll be counting the days... I had my first Take Off drink and its not as bad as I thought, tastes pretty good. Is the program like this after the detox? How much have youguys lost on the first week? They mentioned that I could buy the bars/shakes in bulk- how much do they cost in bulk?

Thanks

Merri
  • Hi everyone:
    Jibbelle I am glad you made it safely. It sounds like you have a plan to stick to while you are away good job. I find it hard even when I am out for the day,
    Meri I am doing two days of take off also. I like to add it in every once in a while sometimes for me I feel like I am not losing fast enough so I like that little boost once or twice a month. I did not do it when I first joined I did the 3 day one.
    I think when you buy the bars in bulk I think they charge about $9.98 a box. I put it on my charge card. At first I really didn't want to buy them all at once but now I am glad I did. I think it saved me about $300.00. The plan is much better after the take off, you are allowed fruit, veg, some starches and other proteins all with your bar/shakes.
    Sassemon go to the center get it over with, don't you hated when you go up and down. It drives me nuts.
    Marcie I don't know if I would want to do the 3 day for 4-days my center does not offer the 3-day phase and more they offer the take off drink for two days. Are you going to weigh in before the 4 days are up? Glad to have you back OP.
    Diane
    4/10/01 201
    10/08/01 158
    goal 135
    Christmas wish reach goal
  • Hey guys!!

Nancy, hang in there and try to get some rest! I know you are running ragged!

Jibbelle, I am so proud of you!! You are gonna come back thinner for sure!! I am also glad you made it to Augusta safely!

Diane, I did Take Off for just 2 days when I first started and then I switched counselors and she told me yesterday to do it for at least 3 days maybe 4. Well today I had it! I nearly passed out and work. I guess I just wasn't getting enough calories. A girl at work bought me a Wendy's Frosty b/c she thought it would give me quick calories and make me feel better. It did help me, but obviously not on plan. It really scared me though. I had 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast and then a hamburger patty and a little bit of green beans for lunch and then about 2:00 I about hit the floor! Anyway....I am going to get on the Gold Plan tomorrow and just do it the way I did it when I first started!

Merri, Trust me it gets a lot better from here on! I was never hungry before and lost about 5 pounds in the first week! Good luck and just get through the first 2 days and you will do great!

Sasse, I am glad to see you back!! I hate you are working so much! Hey 196 is pretty darn good! Keep up the good work!

I am going to weigh in tomorrow..hopefully I will be down! Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Talk to ya soon!
    marciew
  • NEW TO LAWL
    Hi everyone... My name is TJ and I joined LAWL on 9/22/01. My beginning weight was 221, I am now down to 215. I get weighed again on Thursday.

My wedding anniversary is tonight and my husband cooked for me, weighed and measured my food and all.

Chicken breast, green beans and broccoli, 1 slice of lt. wheat bread and 8oz. of Crystal light lemonade. He is so good to me.

I am on the purple plan. I would have never guessed in a million years I would ever have to lose 91lbs.

After 15 yrs. of Endometriosis, 10 laparoscopy's, 2 kids, a tubal ligation, full hysterectomy and premarin for life, this is what I have to show. I am trying to get back to my regular weight, which is 130 lbs. WIsh me luck.

Thanks for listening...

TJ
  • Wecome TJ, I wish you luck!

Marcie, I'm ragged indeed... didn't even get 2 hrs sleep. One hundred things to do today... maybe got a tenth of them done. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

My youngest daughter,Karen called this AM before I had left home & asked me to pick up some work pants for her hubby... we had picked up a new style a few weeks ago... he liked the fit & she liked not having to spend so much time ironing. No problem, that store was on my list. I called her from my cell ph while in route to the center. She is a bank teller... she didn't sound normal... she had talked normal earlier. It didn't take mom but a short time to know that she was not herself. I was telling her something about my best friend & her husband, Greg. My daughter asked me who i wuz speaking of ( now Kim & Greg have been close friends for many yrs... the kind that you talk of & see several times a week & my daughter has know them for yrs.) She told me that K's husband name was not Greg after telling me that she had no idea of who Greg was... She was not talking rational... she went on & on & told me that I was mistaken... then she says, "Mama, I don't feel good... my head hurts." I tried not to be overly alarmed, but, was coming real close to turning around. I asked if I could speak to her co-worker, Anita/ one of her dearest friends... she told me no that I could not... she is at work... at this point, I thought that A may have been busy... had a customer at the drive thru... I told my daughter that I would check back in a bit & see if she felt better. I hung up... dialed my other daughter's work place.. they are only about 3 miles apart... thank goodness... told her that her younger sister was ill... told her that she was talking off the wall & speaking in a manner that she doesn't & that she seemed to be very disoriented. I was very alarmed! I asked my older daughter, Kandy to call A & make sure that she had ph # & ext # & instruct A to call, have her paged if necessary. Anita told her that Karen was fine when she got to work.. but hearing the one side of the ph conversation... she too recognized things were not in place... She got Karen's lunch & had her eat something, but told Kandy that it probably best to come get Karen ... I had other meetings... not just the LAWL.... while Kandy had to go thru channels to take off, her sister continued to be disoriented then she got emotional & then angry when she realized that Anita had her car keys...then she got emotional again... I was trying like crazy to reach Kandy on her cell... couldn't get through. anyhow... I tried the bank... Anita told me that she was some better before she left... she is not dieting... one similar event 8 yrs earlier... discovered that she was hypoglocemic (sp?)... she just had her sugar checked a month ago... not a diabetic... she is trying to get pregnant... she was in cotton field yesterday after work... watching hubby pick... I wondered if some of the chemicals they use to make leaves fall off... could have come in contact with or dog did & she petted dog... then, i think it sounded more like low blood sugar... trying not to be too alarmed... wondered if migraine?
  • Ladies,

Sorry for not being able to write brief... not really related to LA... but, I appreciate your support... we are kinda like family.

Anyhow, when I did speak with Kan.... she told me that she was not just driving Karen home... she was going to stay with her... Karen had a runny tummy & threw up... was weak... went to bed ... napped off & on & head ache finally got better... I had pleaded for her to go to dr... she's a little stubborn...

I'm skipping my work tomorrow AM... going to see her... she promised to call & let me know how she was in the AM... said she may go back to work. I was going to make the full circle after my meetings,,, but, she told me not tooo... her hubby was home & would call if needed... started to go anyhow.... but soon realized that she may just want to stay in bed

I bought home preg test... going to take it to her in AM...

does anyone have a clue as to what might have been going on....?

i even thoght that some perfumes make me sick-ish... her too... didn't know if someone may have used something heavy...

blood sugar? what?

Gonna try to get her to go to the dr... i spoke to her briefly after i got home... told her she needed to have it tested when she felt bad... not just an annual test... may indicate what triggered?

Thanks for listening... I like to request another prayer.. DIL is doing fine... she spoke with one of her intructors bought her episode... definitely an allergic reaction...

She was cking in with my girls & on stnadby to help if needed.
    DIL called to tell me that it was probably low blood sugar... that she did need to go to dr... needs to eat 6 sm meals a day...
    my son walked in their door... he was sick with virus... he & his baby sister have not seen each other for over 2 wks & symptoms were totally different... he wasn't talking crazy.

For a little LA... would you believe that i was down 4 pounds since Thurs?

Forgive me for rattling on & on... one thing for sure lack of sleep... gonna hit my pillow before i hit the floor.

sorry not greeting everyone... still have you in my heart too!

TAKE CARE ALL!
    Nite,
    nancy
  • Nancy,
    I am just sitting here with huge eyes and my heart goes out to you! I hope your daughter is okay!! Please let us know what the doctor says! Congrats on the 4 pd loss!

TJ, Welcome and congrats!!

I went and weighed in today and I was down 1 1/2 pounds! YEA!!

Hope everyone had a good day!

Nancy, I know that I am not very far from you so please let me know if I can do anything to help!!

MarcieW
  • Marcie,

You are so kind! Thank you! She was much better today... although still not up to 100%.

She had to drive her hubby to work early AM, since he had left his trk in order to get her car home yesterday. She ate breakfast, called me, & then drove here... had wanted to see dr... would you believe that they couldn't see her... they seemed to think that it was virus related... going around... offered to call in medicine... Karen hung up... then, called back & told nurse that there was no need to ph medicine in... since they did not know what they were treating without seeing her... she wasn't ugly to nurse... just firm. She hung up again & said that she may need to find a new dr... she then asked me why they always assumed that you want medicine... she just wanted to find out what may have triggered her confusion...

I asked her to try to eat a balanced diet... at least 3 meals p/day... 6 sm ones would be better...

not pregnant according to home test...

We will just have to watch her close.

My son, Chris was better....

Tom is almost ready for a visit... after all the stress yesterday... he seemed to make me But, I hope to do better tomorrow.

I'm so glad that the scales are dropping down... that is great news! Keep up the good work! speaking of work, how's it going?

Again, I want to thank you! that was very sweet! Hopefully, it will not recur... but, she did tell the nurse that she would go to the hospital, if it happened again... it was just so frightening & mama gets alarmed very easily! But, thank you for your concern!

Have a great Thursday, everyone!

Wonder how Jibbelle is doing? FINE, I hope... hope that she is not working too hard... hope that she is having some fun!

Good Night,
    nancy
  • Welcome TJ! It sounds like you are doing well so far...good luck!

Merri--I didnt lose any weight when I was on that 3 day jet start plan, but I lost 5lbs the week after...and 4 the week after that.

Nancy- Sorry to hear that your daughter is having such a hard time. She will be in my thoughts and prayers. Dont forget that you need to take some time for yourself! GET SOME SLEEP! That is an order.

All is well here...very busy though. I have been working about 15 hours a day. Eating and sleeping the rest of the time. I have not had any "no nos" but I am missing quite a few foods daily. I guess missing is better than cheating??? I have been getting in all of my LA Lites though...mostly bars because they are quick and easy.

There is not a center here in Augusta and no scale in the hotel gym so I have no idea how I am doing weight wise. I will just have to find out next Thursday when I get back to St. Louis.

Take care all!
    MarcieB
  • Hi everyone:
    Tj Welcome glad you are doing well and have support at home.
    Nancy glad about the weight loss, sorry about the tough time with your daughter.
    Marcie B. It would drive me nuts without a scale.
    Marcie W. glad the scale is going down in the right direction for you.
    I've been doing well this week I went down 1 1/2 pds.
    Even though I lost, I really do not feel into it this week, I should not say this but I want something else to eat. I keep saying to myself your are almost done. I just have to get over it.
    I feel like the only time I am losing is if I do 2 day take off or the 2- express.
    I weigh in on Saturday.
    Merri how are you doing?
    Diane
    4/10/01 201
    10/10/01 155.75
    goal 135
  • Hi all!!

How is everyone doing?? I had my first weigh-in today and lost 2 pounds - not too bad... I officially get to have bread tomorrow - yeah... They put me on the purple plan if that sounds familiar to anyone? I want to take a look at all the info they gave me again. I bought the FB500 and the choc. bars and choc shake. I'm hoping the shake tastes good. I have to weigh in again on Saturday so we'll see what happens. I may have to go to a funeral in florida (my grandmother died)so hope I can stay on plan if that happens. Well.... I guess I'll write more later...

Merri24

• Hey everyone!!

Nancy, I am so glad to hear that your daughter is doing okay! I was worried about her!

Jibbelle, it is good to hear from you..sorry you are working so much..but very proud of you for staying on plan and doing so well!

Merri, CONGRATS!!! You are well on your way to being skinny!

Diane, I am doing the happy dance for you!!!! WOOO HOOO!! WEIGH TO GO!!

Well not such good news here...weighed in today and was up 1 pound! I ate out both Wed. and Thurs. nights and didn't get in all of my veggies so I am thinking that's why. They were surprised that i only lost 1.5 on take off but oh well. I am hoping to have a great weekend! We are now back on our feet bill wise and we are going to be ok. I am gonna go to the store this weekend and stock up on the good stuff!!! Oh and get this...they told me today that I was not eating enough lites. I usually get the jello and the reccommended serving size says 1/4 cup and the actual serving size is 1 packet. Well I have only been having 2 1/4 cups a day. I am supposed to be having 2 packets a day. That is what they told me today. I was shocked. I didn't know if they were just saying that b/c they wanted me to buy more or b/c it was true??? Does anyone have any idea? Well..its been a stressful week at work and I am just ready to take a load off! Hope you all have a great on plan weekend!!

MarcieW
  • Marcie,

I'm afraid that I can't answer your question... I'm a little & I am after cramming a month's work in 3 days.

I'm packed... going to make this short... got to leave at 3 AM... need to get a nap.

Are you speaking of LA Lites... drinks, like koolade or LA jello.

If LA drinks... one pkg makes 8-oz drink... 2 LA lites per day

My understanding is LA lites are 2 servings per day

Select any 2, from:
    drinks, bars, shakes, soup (which my center doesn't have), & if they have jello (apparently my center doesn't have it either)

Sugar Free Gelatin is listed as a FREE FOOD... a 1/2 cup serving...

There is a limit of 2 servings per day from the following list (each listed portion represents one serving)

1 T Ketchup
    1 t Mustard
    1 T Low Sodium Soy Sauce
    1 T Horseradish
    1 T Vinegar
    1/2 Cup Sugar-free Gelatin
    1 T Fat Free Salad Dressing

This may not be the answer that you were looking for... sorry if not, or if I confused you.

I'm going to call it a night.

I hope that everyone has a great weekend... & a great week!

I've packed lots of water!... didn't do as well with my fruit... but, maybe i can buy some along the way... going to an apple festival... we'll see.

Take care,
    Nancy