Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2001, 03:40 PM   #76  

I just took a nap...it felt great! I feel very lazy this afternoon and I have a million things to do before I leave. Maybe my afternoon shake will kick me into high gear!

I am taking my laptop with me...so I will be able to check the boards while I am away. I need you gals to keep me in line!!! It will be really strange not to weigh for so long. The hotel I am staying at has a little work out room, so they may have a scale in there. I hope so.
Old 10-06-2001, 04:33 PM   #77  

Hello everyone....

How is everyone?? Seems like you all are a Happy Group... I wanted to ask you all about the LA Weight loss program, due to me hearing very little about it and I have an appt. on Monday... I wanted to know what exactly is it all about- I tried going on the website and couldn't find much info on it... I was wondering what the cost would be?? The lady tried to explain it to me on the phone and she SOOO confused me... I was recently on WW and got bored with itafter a year - lost the motivation because it was the same program... Hope you can help....

Thanks SO much!!!

Merri
Old 10-06-2001, 05:08 PM   #78  

Hello Merri...and welcome to our LAWL family!

I think the food you will get on this program will be similar to that on weight watchers. They do no do food choices by points, but rather by servings. There are several different meal plans, and different people start out on different ones. I am on the Red plan and I can email a copy of it to you if you are curious. The cost for the plan really isnt that much...I think it was about $300 for a year when I joined. Where it gets expensive is the supplements (vitamins) and bars/shakes/snacks they sell you. I am not sure how many people here do the supplements, but I think if you do them all they cost close to $200 a month. Some people use none of these...others use all 6 or 7. The bars/shakes/snacks can cost anywhere from $10-14 a box depending on how many you buy at once. There are 7 in a box and they recommend you eat 2 a day. So...that is where they are making their money...not on the plan costs. I know it may sound expensive, but for me I can see results and it is worth it!!!

Everyone concur with what I said??

I have also noticed lately that you can get good deals on bars and shakes on Ebay. I am a little scared to buy food from someone over the internet though. I did buy an older copy of the LAWL cookbook for $5! It has a lot more recipes than the new one. Everyone should take a look there if you are in the market for a cheap LAWL cookbook.

Recipe for everyone:
Apple Fritter (1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 protein)

1 slice light bread
1 small apple diced
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1 tsp equal

Mix all ingredients and pour onto a nonstick griddle. Cook on one side until brown. Turn over and brown the other side.

Since apples are in season, I thought this may be a good breakfast treat!

Have a great day all!
Old 10-06-2001, 10:19 PM   #79  

Jibelle;

Thanks for the info... I think I'll see how my meeting goes on Monday - I think I need a little more one-on-one attention which I haven't gotten from WW lately... But kind of nervous on the cost ... You seem have been doing an amazing job so far.

Thanks again!

Merri
Old 10-06-2001, 10:48 PM   #80  

Merri--

I agree that the one on one is very important...especially in the beginning. The counselors can be very supportive. I hope that you like what hear on Monday. Let us know how it goes and if you decide to do it.

If you dont mind me asking...how much do you want to lose?
Old 10-07-2001, 10:28 AM   #81  

well, the last time I was on the scale I weighed in at 220. I think I want to get down to 150 or something... I have never known what it was like to be "skinny" so want to experience it before I am out of my 20's.... I have the hardest time to get a date and figure my chances will increase once I lose more weight.... Hope this program is exactly what I'm looking for...

Merri
Old 10-07-2001, 03:05 PM   #82  

Hi Merri:
I was going to WW also before I joined LA. I was going to WW for over 1 year and half and I lost 10 pounds and I kept paying the $10.00 a week. Not feeling like I was getting anywhere, but I did not want to give up.
In April I joined LA I started there at 201 pounds, I am on my 26th week and I am at 157.25. I guess never thought about WW being so much money because I paid each week.
I like the structure and the one on one that I get get from La.
I think I also paid about $343.00 for 33 weeks.
Good luck tomarrow.
Diane
4/10/01 201
10/06/01 157.25
goal 135
Christmas wish to reach goal
Old 10-07-2001, 03:41 PM   #83  

Hi Merri!

I too was on WW and lost 3 pounds in 3 months. I paid 13.00 a week. None of the counselors would take the time to figure out why I wasn't losing. I got mad and left. This was in Jan. of last year. I found LA WL in May and lost 11 pounds in 6 weeks. I was in the process of switching jobs and ended up out of a job for 3 months. I could not continue doing the plan b/c of financial reasons, but I just got a new job and I am back on plan as of today! I love LA WL and I know that it is the only plan that works for me. You can go and weigh in as often as you like. I try and go 3 days a week. It is great to have that support. When you break it all down the price is worth the weight loss! It comes down to 7.00 a week where I am not including your LA Lites! Good luck on Monday and let us know how it goes!

Congrats Diane and Jibbelle on your loss!! WEIGH TO GO! Diane you've done so awesome keep up the good work! I am going to weigh in tomorrow! I started the Jet Start program today and I am so excited!!! I WILL BE SKINNY I WILL BE SKINNY I WILL BE SKINNY!!!!

Have a great rest of the weekend!!
Marcie
Old 10-07-2001, 04:49 PM   #84  

Marcie:
Thanks, you just made me smile. Have a great Jet start.
I am going to do take off for two days.
I go for a check up at the doctors this week and I have not been in since I lost weight , he better say something because he always had a comment when I gained.

Diane
Old 10-07-2001, 08:16 PM   #85  

I am leaving tomorrow for a 10 day business trip so I thought I would check the board one more time. I am taking my laptop, so I will try to check in sometime in the next few days to see how everyone is...and update everyone on my dining out experiences.

I hope everyone has a great on plan week!

Take care,
Old 10-07-2001, 10:35 PM   #86  

Merri, Welcome. Sounds like everyone filled you in on the LA plan. I started Aug 14th at 249... Presently, I'm around 224. The plan averages $7 p/wk. However you are required to buy 2 boxes of lites p/ wk. These are either : bars, shakes, kool-ade type drinks, or soup. I believe that all the plans suggest that you have 2 lites daily.

The counselor at the center asked me how much weight I needed to loose, when I first started. I answered, "a lot!" I would suggest that you set your on goal. That way you may wish to set it a little higher (10 lbs or so) than what you actually wish to loose... it may save you a few $$. Regardless, if you decide to try LAWL... I wish you success!

Marcie, I'm so glad that you know who to cheer for!
WAR EAGLE! good game! BAMA! I know that you are ready to start LA. I hope that you get off to a great start & wish you continued success!

Jibbelle, I'm sorry that you had to make a trip. Sounds like someone had an emergency... but, they do need a back up... HOPE that you have a great trip & sounds like you have a great OP plan. GOOD LUCK! also congrats on your WL! that probably made the trip worth it.

Diane, CONGRATS to you... loss in pounds & inches! Those missing inches do make you feel GREAT! did they give you a ribbon?

Hey Marcie, what is the JET START? is it the same as the Express?

I would like to request that my LA buddies say a little prayer for me... Nothings wrong... I just seem to be wandering from the plan a little... too much stress & too many activities & too much running ... racing here & there... also, I have loads of work to get done this week before my trip to Ohio next week... my class reunion work also has me buried... not much help from other classmates... on the paper work side... I need a break... went to my grandson's ballgame Sat.. rushed back to a wedding... went back to P'cola today... to get some things needed for Ohio trip... work due... sales tax reports, qtrly reports, fiscal yr end... new accountant... new software... trip... another wedding... got to help with decorations & reception foods, etc.... work... reunion... another wedding... catering... etc.... It's getting harder & harder to stick to the plan... just tired... no time to do for me... I need a little moral support... I'm thrilled for what weight I have lost... but I have a long ways to go.

It's a brand new week & I hope to find the strength to stay OP. I hope that each of you has a great OP week!

Jibbelle, you have a great trip.

If, I don't check in as often... I'm just overloaded at work & trying to get it done before I leave & then next week, I will be out of pocket... since I don't have a lap top... but, nice to hear that Jibbelle does. What I was trying to say... that I still will be thinking of my LA buddies while I am away... take care!

Nancy
Old 10-08-2001, 04:49 PM   #87  

HI everyone...

well, I went to the meeting today and semi-liked what I heard but the cost seems to be a lot... I decided I would try the program for a month and the woman told me I could decide if I wanted to pay the other half after 30 days... I feel like this would be a program I could follow but nervous on the cost of it all... Maybe I should get another job temporarily to pay for some of this.
I have to do this detox thing for 3 days and the shake they gave me kind of looks yucky so we'll see tomorrow how it tastes.... Hopefully this works...

Mer
Old 10-08-2001, 05:58 PM   #88  

Nancy:
Sorry to hear you are having a hard time staying on program,
my prayers go out for you. Just remember things always get in the way no matter what they are, we are always being tested it seems. It is hard losing weight as it is and when life starts making to much demands it is the things that we want most, that we let get away first. Don't give up, you've done a great job and keep your goals somewhere in that busy schedule of yours. Find that focus you had and and keep going. Try setting little goals for yourself. I was having a hard time about two months ago where I was really considering quitting, food is a crutch for me that I use when things are not well in my life. I had a hard time fighting myself but I fought through it. I hope I made some kind of since.
Stay focused. And Good luck
Diane
Old 10-08-2001, 08:30 PM   #89  

Hey guys! Well I weighed in today and it was as bad as I thought it was going to be. I weighed in at 197. That is 1 pound more than when I started back in May. But I am thrilled to be back on plan and I am looking forward to losing.

Nancy, I am sorry things are tough right now. Sometimes we do stray and it is okay. You will make it back on track and know that we are here for you!!!! You can do this!!! I think that I meant to say the Take Off Phase. It is what I did when I first started. You can only have the meat and veggies, and oranges or cantaloupe. My counselor wants me to do it for 4 days instead of 3.

Merri, I know that the cost seems overwhelming at first but it is worth it. I am impressed that they are letting you try it for 30 days. I didn't have that choice. I promise you that this plan works and if you really want to lose the weight you can do it on this plan. Nothing and I mean nothing else works for me! Good luck and let us know how you are doing!!

Hope you all had a great on plan day!!

marciew
Old 10-09-2001, 04:19 AM   #90  

Hey everyone,

Would you believe that it's 3 AM? I just finished updates for my class reunion... too much to do... still burning candle at both ends.

I decided to check in with my LA friends before taking a nap...

You are all !!!!!!!!!!

Take you for your kind words! They really made me feel better. It's just that I am running myself to death & it doesn't leave much time for me... & I catch my self feeling

Anyhow, I'm trying to do better & hope that by the week's end, I can slow up a bit... my trip to Ohio next week.... a different type of going... another type of challenge. but, you have made an impact on my mind... i appreciate your kindness... hopefully, I can stay OP... or least close...

While I've drifted a bit... nothing real extreme... gonna go weigh in in just a few short hrs... i'd better get a little rest.

mer, I hope that you loose a bunch this month... good luck! hope that you will be pleased with the program.

marcie, be sure to let us know how you do... it will happen for you... remember your water.... i may try the express or take off again before leaving for Ohio... see what my counselor suggests.

diane... you made perfect sense! thank you... I will try to stay focused... thanks for taking the time to share...

Thanks again! for being there for me!

Nite, nite... gotta get up at 6 AM... time for a NAP.

Nancy
Closed Thread