LA Weight Loss #35

You're on Page 2 of 8
Go to
  • Hi everyone:
    Thanks Jibbelle and nancy for your support, I did get right back on track today, I am going to do two days of Express just so I don't have a gain for the week. I actually feel fine today I thought I was going to feel worse but I guess I took care of that yesterday.
    I am a regular exerciser and the councelors at my center are new so I find that they do not change the menu so much. When I am not losing fast they offer the take off for two days but how often can I keep doing that.
    Thanks Again
    Diane
    have a great Day!

4/10/01 201
    09/24/01 160.75
    goal 135
  • Hey everyone!

Well nothing new here on the job status...there has got to be something out there that I can do!! UUUGGHHH!

Chrissy, Welcome back!!!

Daphne, Welcome! I can honestly say the LA WL is the only thing that has worked for me. Unfortunatly since I am out of work I cannot do the plan...but truly works! Good luck to you!

Diane and Nancy, Good luck with Express...I just know you will lose!

Jibbelle, I am so proud of you!! NO BIRTHDAY CAKE! You deserve to lose!! What an inspiration!

Sassemom, you have done soooooo well! Keep up the good work!

Hope to have good news for you guys soon!!
    MarcieW
  • Hi Marciew, What does the LA diet consist of? Its it anything like Atkins? How much weight did you lose doing it and were you hungry all day like on LF diets? Sorry for all the questions but I'm shopping around for a life plan
  • Hello everyone,

Well, I had my weigh-in today... following 3 days of express take-off. I'm thankful that I had a loss, but to be honest a little bit .
    I resisted so much good food & so many sweets the entire weekend at both of the showers. I followed the express days to a tee... guess that I was just hoping to hard... see the 1st time I started with the plan was on the express & I lost 15 lbs in 3 days... told the counselors that I would only give them credit for 10 because of TOM... so, I was trying to be sensible... . but, hoped to have lost 5 lbs this 2nd time with express... I lost 1-3/4 lbs... nearly 2lbs... wouldn't be so blue... if that 1-3/4 hadn't cost $20+.... but, if it keeps dropping off... I don't need to complain! Forgive me... I think I'm really just feeling blue over not being able to eat what I want... and having been really good with no cheating... I was just looking for better results. I've got to get out of the mood or I will sabotage things. Plus, I've got to exercise daily.

Diane, what is the 2-day take-off? Do you have good results with it?

Chrissy, It's great that you are having to buy smaller pants. the draw string is the way to go... Good Luck on cutting down on the Mountain Dew... it will pay off!

Marcie, Bless your heart! Something will turn up... I've still got my fingers crossed!

Hey, Tazz... I'm not Marcie... but, you can find out about LAWL at their site....

http://www.laweightloss.com

I hope that everyone has a great OP week!

Nancy
  • Back To the Gym!!
    Well, I was off today, so I made sure I made it to the gym! I actually went twice. Once in the morning, and then again in the afternoon with Erik. The second workout was a light one though. I feel REALLY good! I weighed myself after my workout this morning, and guess what? I had to move the "big" bar from 200 to 150....of course the little bar went all the way to 49.5 but I don't care! It made my day! We'll see what the LA scale says tommorow!

Nancy, I totally understand what you were saying about being frusterated at the results. It is hard when you stay on plan, you dod what you need to do, and then have disappointing results. We've all been there, I'm sure. Kinda makes you want to go out and pick up a resses's cup! (ok it makes ME want to go out and pick up a resse's cup ) Try to put it in prospective though. You are 2lbs lighter, NOT two lbs heavier. This is a journey, and like any journey in life, it has it's ups and downs. Stick to it, and every pound lost is a pound closer to your goal!!! You can do it!!! We all can!

Oh, I forgot to tell everyone this the other day. One day last week I was working by myself. I still don't know "who" it was, but I got an interesting phone call. This guy calls and says, "I was in your store earlier, and I have a question for you." I say, Okay, how can I help you. He said, "Are you single?" I SMILED!!! I said no, I'm married. He said, "Happily". I said yes. He said, "So there is no way I can talk you into going out with me?" I told him no, but he had made my day! I has HIT ON!!!! It's been SOOOO long since that's happened. (since my husband I guess!) WHOOO HOOOOO!!!! Hottie here I come!!!! I have no interest in any man but my husband, but it sure did make me feel good!

Starting Weight 232.5
    Current Weight 200 3/4
    Goal: HOTTIE
  • thank you! Sue!
    Sue,

THANK YOU SO MUCH! You are so right. Thanks for understanding. And even more thanks for reminding me that it is still a step closer to my goal! You lifted my spirits (my hubby will be pleased ).

Glad that you were able to go to the gym. I know that will not only make you feel better, but it will be rewarding when you step on those scales.

And speaking of scales... I bet you were screaming ... I am so happy (& a little bit envious ) for you! Under 200... FANTASTIC! I bet the LA scales will be the same or less... Keep it up! (or down )

I hope that everyone is just a big ole bunch of loosers today ... PUN INTENDED! Loose that weight ladies!

Have a GREAT DAY!

Nancy
  • Hi Nancy:

The two-day take off is where you do the juice (that you buy from them) and use two bars a day and limited on the amount of food that you are allowed, but only could do every two weeks. I don't know when you joined but there is also the express for two days that you can do each week, at my center they do not do the express any more but I kept the paper so I still follow that. I have had success with both I do not loss fast, so I loss between 1-3 pounds when I do this. But nothing seems to work lately and I was thinking of asking the councelor if I could do the 3 day take-off phase again. i have not lost lately just folowing the diet, I am on the gold plan and I pretty much stay away from the limited stuff and I also exercise regular, so I do not know what else to do, but I do know I want to reach my goal so that is a plus. I am also getting tired of being on plan all of the time and not getting the results that I want, while my mother cheats up a storm and she says she still loses, but I do not notice so much on her any more that she is losing weight.
    Any way I gave you more than you wanted but I hoped I
    answered you question.
    Good luck this week
    Diane
    4/10/01 201
    9/24/01 160.75
    goal 125
  • Thank you, Diane!
    Diane,

Thank you... I started LA Aug 14th... started with the 3-day express, followed with the red plan for 2 wks... they changed me to the purple plan Aug 28th. I just did my 2nd 3-day express this past weekend (S,S,M).

Servings for the Red plan:
    2 1/2 protein
    4 Veg
    3 Fruit
    3 Starches
    1 Fat
    8-oz skim milk
    2 LA Lites

the Purple Plan
    2 Protein
    4 Veg
    3 Fruit
    2 Starches
    1 Fat
    4-oz skim milk
    2 LA Lites

What does the purple plan consist of? I appreciate you telling me about the 2-day take-off & the 2-day express... guess that I am just not far enough into the program for those.

I'm sorry that you are frustrated about not dropping those last pounds. I hope that you soon show some results for all your hard work. I bet one day soon you will see the scale going down. Keep us posted and don't give up... you are nearly there. Just look back at how much you have already accomplished. You can do this!

Thanks again for the info.

Nancy
  • Hey Diane,

It's me again... I was chatting with Jibbelle on IM... she told me something that her counselors suggested. I thought that I would share it with you (Jibbelle, jump in anytime... especially, if I am not repeating it right)... just in case you haven't already tried this...

One way to boost your metabolism is to move your dinner starch & your dinner fruit ( if allowed on the gold plan ????) up to an earlier part of the day. You can save one of your Lunch veggies for Dinner. Have your LA Lite before 4 PM.

In other words, dinner would consist of only protein & veggies.

How many LA Lites are on the gold plan? I like the bars & the shakes best. Which do you? which ones are you using? One of my counselors told me that folks lost more with the "kool-ade" type drinks... I'm trying to drink one of those daily & have either a shake or a bar for my 2nd LA Lite... I didn't know... but thought that I would suggest the LA drinks if you haven't already tried them... they are NOT as tasty to me... but, they do have lots fewer calories... unsure as to your gold plan & which lites you use... but, wondered if this may help you get moving again

I'm sure that you can drop some more... don't give up & don't get upset with yourself... it will work out... just gotta find what trick works...

Take care,
    Nancy
  • Hi Nancy;

I assume your are asking about the gold plan.
    It is almost like the purple, but with less food.

2 Proteins ( less ounces than the purple)
    3 vegetables
    3 fruit
    2 starches
    1 fat
    4 oz. skim milk
    2 La lites.
    The chicken for example instead of being 8 oz. is only six
    The beef which I hardly have is only 3.5 oz which is why I do not have it that much I usually go for the chicken, sometimes veal or turkey.
    I have not tried the drinks lately I will give them a try just to get things moving a little more on a steady basis, I can handle slow, but I hate going up and down all of the time especially when I am staying Op. I usually have a fruit after dinner so I will move it up a bit. as for the starches mine do not make it to dinner time I usually have the La popcorn or the La cheese curls during the day, at lunckh or afternoon snack to keep me from feeling edgy.
    Thanks for the advice
    I will keep you posted
    Diane
    4/10/01 201
    9/24/01 160.75
    goal 135
  • You got it right Nancy. I was telling her that when I was at a plateau someone at my center suggested eating fruits and starches before 4:00 since they digest a lot slower. It seemed to work for me, because I started coming down again after I made the change.

I am skipping weigh-in today since I have a test tomorrow and a lot of studying to do. I will go on Saturday morning. I will still get in two visits this week. I am happy with that.

I do not have much else to report. I will check back in later this evening.

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! I had a great one...even without the cake and ice cream!

Take care all!
  • Hi Jibbelle:
    Thanks for the advice.
    Good luck with your test .
    Diane
  • Hi everyone! Good to see that everyone is doing good. I'm going to try to get some sleep. I've been up since yesterday morning and it's catching up to me. I'm looking forward to the weekend....I have off!!! I think I'll catch up on some of my sleep then. I'll be sure to unplug my phone. I dont want my work calling me and asking me to come in. I'm a nurse and we are always short where I work and when they are short they start calling around for help. I hate to not answer the call because I really do care about our residents but I'm getting burned out and I need to be at my best for my family too .

Today wasnt such a hot OP day. I ate alot of things that I shouldnt have. You know I dont know why I do that. It really doesnt make sence to me. I think my biggest down fall is I have to go grocery shopping and I dont have alot of the type of foods that I need to have around readily available to me. I'll go to the store tomorrow. And tomorrow will be better. I'll take my lemon water with me this evening to work and try to get rid of the extra water that I'll be retaining for all of the high sodium foods that I've been eating......AAAAHHHHH

I'll check back in tomorrow. Best wishes to everyone....~~*~~ChrissyB~~*~~
  • Quiet day?
    Hey Ladies,

I hope that everyone is doing ok... I noticed that things are pretty quiet.

I don't have much new to add other than I walked 3 miles this AM... with the Walk Away the Pounds video... I did the 1 mile video & decided to advance to the 2 mile... so, I put that tape in immediately following the 1 mile. I like it... now, I can't blame the weather unless the power is off if I don't walk. I set a personal goal to walk no less than 3 days per/wk with my hectic schedule... however the 2-mile tape is just slightly over 1/2 hr... so, I hope to walk more than the 3 days which I have set. I hope that this walking will just make me more fit and in better shape so that I feel better.

If anyone is interested in an excerise video... I would recommend it... it's a good workout, although not too tough for anyone with health risks

I hope that everyone has a nice evening.

Nancy
  • Hey ladies!
    Well I may have a possible job....and it is one a really wanted..I will know tomorrow for sure! I am so excited! I can't wait to get back on plan and lose with you guys! I am just so ready!! Jibbelle, I hope your test goes well!!!! I let you guys know tomorrow what's going on! I had done some temp work with this company and they loved me and now a position has come open...I am so excited I can't see straight!! The said they specifically had me in mind!! YYYEEEEAAA!

Please keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Talk to you all soon!
    Marcie W