Old 09-22-2006, 12:02 PM   #1  
Lolene

S/C/G: 188.5/176/148

Height: 5' 5"

Default LA Lites

Hi ,

I was wondering what other types of lites I may be able to use in place of the bars. I have been constipated for four days and it has to be the bars. I prepaid for around $500 worth of bars and haven't come close to using them up. I do like them, but have to try something else. Are their other lites such as drinks and shakes just as binding? Appreciate any suggestions.

Lolene
Lolene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Lolene - You can use Luna bars, Pria Complete, Kashi crunchy, Pria low carb. But... if you enjoy them, have you tried adding either fish oil or EFAs to your diet? You don't have to buy theirs. I know some of the other girls use certain things to help with the "binding" problem. Hopefully they will chime in.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:27 PM   #3  
Lolene

Default EFA's

Thanks Cassi,

I just went to my Center to WI and I had a coupon so I did get their EFA's and some of the tea. She also said you should drink 2 glasses of water with every bar, and recommended trying the chocolate coconut almond bars, as they have more fiber. I do like that kind, so I did get another box. Thank you for your response.

Lolene
Old 09-22-2006, 01:33 PM   #4  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Lolene - I eat (and love) the bars, but don't have any problems that some other folks have. There are other LA Lite products to choose from, but the bars are still my fav....they have cold drink mixes (I've tried them but I'm not recommending them); I've not tried the other LA Lites but they have hot drinks (hot chocolate and care au lait), soups (cr of chicken or cr of mushroom) and shakes. If I were you I'd talk to your COD first and see what they suggest and/or Cassi's fish oil suggestion.

UPDATE: We must have been posting at the same time; hope their suggestions work for you. When you run out of their tea or EFAs, here's some info Katie posted a while back:
Quote:
Most supplements can be purchased cheaper at Walmart or other health food stores.
EFA's- Super Omega Complex, Walmart, about 6 bucks
Natures Reply Tea (for constipation)- Smoothe Move Tea by Medicinal Nutritionals
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:43 PM   #5  
Lolene

Joni,

That's funny. Thanks for the info. My mother in law told me to go to the drug store and get some castor oil. I have taken that before and it does work. I took some of that when I came back from lunch, then will take the fish oil daily to keep me regular hopefully.

Thanks for all your help.

Lolene
Old 09-22-2006, 03:56 PM   #6  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

Height: 5'6"

I had the problem with constipation.. and the fish oils really helped.
Candiflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:48 PM   #7  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

I'm just the opposite. I'm assuming it's because I'm eating so many more fruits and veggies, drinking more water, and eating only whole grain breads. My diet was pretty pitiful before so my body is saying "Hallelujah, she's finally eating right."
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:34 AM   #8  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

I have constipation problems on this diet as well, so you're not alone by far. I also take the Pria bars as well as the LAWL bars and they all bind me. I take fiber pills once a day ($5.99 at walgreens) and that has cleared up the problem.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 01:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

I like the LA lite drink powder, add 8oz orange diet soda and 1/2 c crushed ice in blender .Just like a creamsicle. Also, the same vanilla powder and 1/2c soy milk, 1/2c or more of water, and crushed ice in blender, some strawberries, yummmmm.
hereicome is offline   Reply With Quote