Old 09-16-2006, 09:44 PM   #1  

Default LAWL and fasting month of Ramadan?? anyone?

BOnjour everyone.

It's always very intresting to read your messages.

I am am of Muslim faith and I was just wondering if there anyone else here or (anyone you might know) who is on LAWL and had fast at the same time?

For those who do not know about Ramadan (Fasting month for muslim)
Actually , We do not eat / drink from sunrise to sunset.

So I was just wondering how to continue my LAWL during this one particular month.

Any advise?

I might not lose weight but i do not want to gain any (As 99% of the people do during this month of fast)

Thanks a lot!
Soha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Are you fasting for one day only, or multiple days uring this month? If you can explain exactly what you have to do/not do/what is allowed just a little more clearly and exact I will try and offer some suggestions.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 03:16 PM   #3  

Hi ,

Thank you VERY much for your concern,

Actually it's one whole month.

The routine will be :

Eating before sunrise (around 5 -6 am)
and then not eating nor drinking until sunset (6 -7pm)

SO there will be only 2 meals in one day, of course no eating or drinking in between...
(which is kind of the opposite of what one is suppose to do to lose weight)

All this for about 28 days (almost 1 month)

What do you think I should eat, I eman, should I just split by plan in two (i am on purple plan)
or should I eat less? or more?

Thanks a lot if you could bring any suggestions.

Once again I really appreciated that you offer your help

thanks
Old 09-17-2006, 04:00 PM   #4  
Martha's losing on LAWL!

S/C/G: 204/146/135

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Soha, I think your question is interesting and would like to see what others think. I have wondered myself how one would handle a fast while on LAWL. As a Christian, there are times when I may be called to fast. Probably not for a month so it wouldn't be as difficult. My tendency in your case would be to maybe cut your food in half as you were thinking. Or maybe 2/3? The water intake could be done, but it would be difficult to get any sleep having to go to the bathroom all night!

I would say above all follow whatever you need to do to stay on track with your faith, and trust God with the weight loss part.

Blessings to you.
mbfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:09 PM   #5  

Thanks Martha for your kind and useful reply....
I think the food is ok I could split in 2, but what is bothering me most is the water....since i'm a big water drinker anyway.....moreover the whole thing of metabolism, eating every 2 1/2 hour etc....I just hope not to gain weight.... well it's starting next saturday I will let you know how it goes.

I was reading your weight tracker....that is awesome!!!!
29lb lost......Waoooo, how long have you been on LAWL?

Actually I find the weight tracker very intresting but I wish it could tell how long it took, it kinda gives you an idea.

I'm just new , I joined 2 months ago, i'm down 14 lb.......
so..let's see...

all the best to you and everyone else!
Old 09-17-2006, 06:23 PM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Soha, I was reading your question, and I too, find it very intriguing. I would definitely get as much water as possible in during the AM hours before sunrise, since potty breaks all day are much easier to take than potty breaks all night. Also, I would suggest heavier proteins in the AM if possible. Good luck with this, and let us know how it goes!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I would split your food intake in half into two meals...and eat of it what you can. I agree with trying to get in most of your water during the morning meal. You may even have a snack shortly after dinner/before bed if you have trouble eating it all in two meals.

I did some looking online, and rather than a true fast-where you are not eating at all, it is only for a portion of each day during daylight, correct? This should not hinder your weight loss-because most people naturally fast at night for this long anyway. (Say 8 pm to 8am or something like that...)
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:37 PM   #8  

Hi,

My fiance will be fasting for Ramadan as well. He has done LAWL in the past. I will ask his opinion. I'm also thinking that IF you gain, perhaps it will be very little in the beginning, but as your body gets used to the different "schedule," you'll drop the weight as usual. Kind of like what aphil said in the last post.
hourglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:07 PM   #9  

Thank you so much...

I follow your advise....and i'll keep you informed

Thanks again