Old 09-14-2006, 07:47 AM   #1  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Default Celebrity Fit Club

Has anyone been watching the Celebrity Fit Club show? I caught it last night for the first time and I am so intrigued. 100 days to fitness, Hmmmm.

I got quite a surprise when I saw what everyone weighed. Each time one of the celebs walked up to be weighed I mentally guessed what I thought their weight was going to be and boy was I shocked. I weigh more than most of them. My sense of my body size is so out of whack. I know I am fat, but I guess I didn't realize just how fat I am. I'd like to see exactly what they are doing for exercise. And are they weighed in 1x week? One pretty gal lost 8 pounds!

So, now I'm hoooked. DH is out of town on business and here's to hoping he's gone again next Wednesday night. He would hate to watch that show with me, but I could always kick him out to the family room tv.
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Reddeb - The fitness expert on that show wrote the "Fat Smash" book. I did a google search, and it's very strict, at least in the first phases, but it has great results. 3FC has a message board for those on it too.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

I don't think they are weighed one time per week, I was watching one day and they mentioned something about the time frame. I can't recall if it was 10 or 14 days, but it was definitely more than 1x/wk, that's just how often they air the show.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

They are weighed in once every other week-14 days.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:35 AM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

I watch this show too but like with all "reality" tv shows, they play up the drama for the ratings. Usually, there is some B list celebrity who is the center of drama on the show, whether it is a drug problem or it is just a case of inflated ego. The show is good for a laugh.
space99s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:10 AM   #6  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

I am addicted to any show (or website!!) that has to do with weightloss. Biggest loser is my fave--you couldn't pay me enough to get on those scales in front of the world!! Fit club cracks me up--they come in thinking it's gonna be cake a get a reality check real fast. I like the panel.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I love the show. It is airs on sunday nights for me which is a good start to my week, after watching them lose weight, i get inspired. But like you, i was SHOCKED at what they actually weigh. It blew my mind and killed my confidence to think that the guy from the sopranos weighs less than i do. He looks like a very large man to me and to think he is like 10-15 pounds less than me...really threw me for a loop. I looked over at dh and said, OMG am i THAT big of a woman? He said, no, he was shocked at that guys weight too. He would have guessed way higher. DH weighs 205 and doesnt look just 50 pounds less than that guy. I guess it all depends on how your carry your weight but geeze, i dont like being second lightest of the GUYS while here i am a GIRL. Bummed me out, but i am addicted to the show.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:33 AM   #8  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

I was wondering about this. I have been watching it and it is a big motivator for me. I was especially surprised at Angie Stone whole inability to see that what she thinks she is doing is no where near where she needs to be to lose weight. Angie is the black woman. She wasn't taking her medication, worked out 3 times in nine days. Working out isn't a requirement, but it seems like she just doesn't seem to really see what she is doing. Alot of ego to me.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Ob-i agree, angie is out of touch or something. She is MAJORLY in denial and on some kind of pity/excuse kick. Its everybody and everythings fault but hers. Too funny.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:02 PM   #10  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I agree that the celebs look bigger than their listed weight. I always figured that they 'improved' the weight amount told to the public. Either that or the camera adds about 40 lbs, not 10!

It doesn't seem like Angie Stone is mentally ready to be on Celebrity Fit Club. You really have to be in the right frame of mind to undertake serious weight loss.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:18 PM   #11  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

well-I didn't really believe that kirstie alley's top weight was 205 either . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:00 PM   #12  
on LAWL

Geez--I would hate to see myself on TV!!!!! With the poor body image so many of us have as it is that could really push us over the edge.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:09 PM   #13  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Boo-I think I've already gone over the edge!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:16 PM   #14  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I read somewhere that Kirstie Alley proclaimed to be 210 lbs. when she started Jenny Craig. Her commercials now say she has lost 75 lbs. which would put her weighing 135. She's about 5'9. That camera must add at least 40 lbs. because she certainly looks a lot bigger than 135.
I watch Celebrity Fit Club every Sunday. The thing that gets me is the way some of them dress in layers with jackets and chains and such on. If I was being weighed I'd have the lightest clothes possible on and take the dang shoes off. I do think that Angie needs to go on home, she isn't ready to lose weight. It surprised me when they said they would help the former baywatch girl get to 123. I thought this would be pretty small for someone 5'6. Maybe not, I'm 5'7 and my bottom weight would be 128. (Not like I'll ever have to worry about it).
I know what you all mean when you can't believe some of these celeb's weigh less than you do. I saw a pro-football player on TV last night and they said "he's 6'2 and 230 lbs.", heck I had him beat at 234 to start with.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:23 PM   #15  
on LAWL

Lilybelle--your transformation is awesome! Angie is a whiner and doesn't not appear to want to commit.

JM--I'll go with you!