Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2001, 09:46 PM   #16  

Hi all,

lost another 1.5 lbs today. This is good. I am very excited. Laurie what plan did they put you on? It might be different than Suzie's. I had a terrible time trying to lose on the Red plan. Check with your counselor. I also recently added in the trimax and it is helping alot!!!! No more cravings!! Good Luck. Hang in there it will come.
Old 02-15-2001, 12:13 AM   #17  

Hey everyone!

Jenn - Congrats on breaking through that plateau and getting into the next size down in jeans. Wow, you've lost so quickly! Keep up the terrific work! Already having a pair of jeans in the next size down hanging in your closet is a terrific motivator. I'm sure you'll be into them in no time.

Maggie - Great loss! Way to go! I think a size is between 10-15lbs or so. Something like that. So you will probably be able to drop one more size before your trip. Where are you & your husband off to? Someplace warm? Hope you're feeling better today.

LaurieAnn - Everyone is going to be different and loose at different rates. I can't remember how much you were looking to loose. I think you said they put you on the purple plan right? Maybe they need to drop you down to Gold? Do you exercise? If you do and you're working out more than 5 hours/week you may not be getting enough food and that is as bad as eating too much because your body thinks its getting starved and holds on to every calorie you put into it. Also make sure you're getting all your water in. Believe it or not if you don't get in those 8 glasses a day you will retain alot of water because you're not giving your body the amount of water it really needs. Talk to your counselors and see what they say.

Mom - WOW!! That Trimax is doing wonders for you. Down another 1.5, that's really terrific! Keep up the great work.

Things have been going ok here. Changed up my workouts a bit. I've put myself on more of a maintenance workout schedule now. I certainly have no more fat to burn. So I'm doing my weight training an hour and a half 3 times/week. On the days I don't do weight I do cardio for 1 to 1-1/2 hours 3 times a week. Then I take Sundays off.

Going to run for now. Have a terrific day!!

Later,
Terry
Old 02-15-2001, 07:57 AM   #18  

Hi guys
I am sooooo excited!! I lost another 1 1/2 pounds (5 for the week) and 6 1/2 in my original goal for my trip-goal WAS 10 pounds. Needless to say, my goal is now 15 pounds. Hope I can do it, in fact, I know I can do it!!! I do hope I go down one clothes size. Terry---we are going to Punta Cana in Dominican Republic. The counselors are concerned because it is a all inclusive. I know I won't go too crazy, because, you know how the stomach gets when it eats something it is not used to eating. I really don't want to be running to the ladies room the entire trip. Also, my stomach has shrunk and can't handle as much food and I get full a lot faster.
I had a great Valentines dinner. I made filet minon and mushrooms--small red roasted potatoes (only tasted one) and lots of water. My hubby is so supportive. I asked him what he wanted from the bakery for dessert. He said nothing-you are on a diet. Normally, I probably would have been upset (if I wasn't following the plan that well) but, since I am very motivated, I was happy that he took my diet into consideration. I guess he knows that if it was in the house, the temptation would be there. Well, I am going to have my tea and bar now. I really look forward to it!!
My jeans (actually old jeans) that I wore for the second time today are getting WAY TOO BIG. In fact, the counselors told me I needed a smaller size jean.
Well, let me get my little guy to bed--he gets up early for school.
Hope everyone is doing great.
So far-39 pounds!!!!
Take Care
Margaret

[This message has been edited by maggiemay (edited 02-14-2001).]
Old 02-15-2001, 11:46 AM   #19  

Yep I'm on the Purple Plan.I need to lose 55lbs.I'm walking on the treadmill 30 minutes a day 1.5 miles.I'm drinking 72-96oz of water a day.I talked to the counselor and they said it should pick up when I start the LA Express next week on Mon & Tuesday's.Hopefully it will.
Old 02-16-2001, 03:52 AM   #20  

Hi everyone!

Maggie - WOW!!! Are you ever on a roll!! Another 1-1/2 bites the dust. Your trip sounds absolutely fabulous and to go down to a tropical paradise I'll bet will be terrific. I've been to an all inclusive resort before(my hubby and I went to one of the Ceasars resorts in the Poconos for our 10th anniversary). They usually have a good variety of choices for meals so you'll probably be just fine. And like you said you just can't eat like you used to anymore. Go buy yourself a new smaller size pair of jeans. YOU DESERVE IT!!! I know it seems like a waste of money to buy a new pair of jeans when you could shrink out of them in a month or two. BUT...you need to reward yourself once in a while. With a new pair of jeans you will feel so much better and have confidence in how you look. Its a great motivation to be able to actually see your progress in clothes that fit you right.

LaurieAnn - Sure sounds like you're doing everything right. Hopefully the Express will help boost you a bit. It won't be long before they drop you to the Gold plan either. I think thats for people who need to loose less than 50lbs. That will help too. Hang in there.

Things are good here. I usually weigh in on Thursdays but never made it that far today. I worked out this morning, watched a friends little girl and had to shovel so was an awefully full day. I'll get over to my center tomorrow. Not that its very far, I could practically throw a stone and hit it. It's right behind my housing area.

Off to make supper, my daughter has Girl Scouts tonite. Run,run,run....the story of my life!

Later,
Terry

[This message has been edited by shortstuff (edited 02-15-2001).]
Old 02-16-2001, 05:45 AM   #21  

Haven't checked in, in a while. Sounds like everyone is doing great. I weighed in today and gained a lb. Still in the 60's though. I have been out of town off and on for my job for the past two weeks and I did get into some candy the past two days. I am back on track now. I hope everyone is doing well.

talk to you later, Crystal
Old 02-16-2001, 07:16 AM   #22  

Hi everyone
Hope everyone is doing great. I did great today, except, I had some leftover pizza that I found when I was cleaning out the fridge---don't ask me why I ate it.
Weigh in tomorrow morning---we'll see.
Terry---I did actually buy a new pair of jeans---a size 18 (I started with a 22) they fit and look GREAT!! and I bought a size XL jean short---wow-the 1st time I can remember actually buying a fitted short jean shirt---usually it is the big mens size one that I got at the Gap (XXL). Not this time!! It felt so great to buy SOMETHING that WASN'T a plus size(even though my pants are). I tried on a 1X shirt and it was okay-but a bit loose. I figured I would probably get one use out of it-and decided to put it back on the rack. Why spend $$$. The pants I can see because a big shirt I can always tuck in, but if the pants are big,you really can't tuck in because the stomach looks big. That is what the problem is now with the big pants.
Anyway, I did drink a lot of water today-and I AM going to start Tae Bo this weekend!!
Gotta get my little guy to beddddd
Take Care
Margaret

[This message has been edited by maggiemay (edited 02-15-2001).]
Old 02-17-2001, 12:16 AM   #23  

Hi Everyone!!!!

I AM ON THE TAEBO SITE!!!! Under taebo heros page 2 last name on the bottom!!! It went on I think sometime yesterday, at least I didn't notice it until 9:30 last night. What and incredible feeling to see my name on that page staring back at me. WOW!!

Just got back from the gym and weighing in. I had a terrific workout as usual and actually lost a 1/4lb. I really would like the scale to just stay put now, I don't need to loose anymore weight. I'm eating like 2430 cals. a day. My metabolism must be in overdrive bigtime!

Crystal - Don't worry about that 1lb gain. Its so hard to stay OP when you're travelling around. Now that you've got yourself back on track I'm sure it'll be gone in no time.

Maggie - Glad you treated yourself to some new clothes. Congrats on getting out of the plus sizes on the shirt. You'll be out of the plus section with the pants before you know it. Enjoy Taebo its alot of fun.

I need to go hit the shower now that I'm done lunch. Have some sprucing up to do around here, my mom will be here tomorrow for the week.

Later,
Terry
Old 02-17-2001, 12:50 AM   #24  
Spicy Chick

Hi everyone:

Terry: checked you out on the Taebo site. How wonderful!! congratulations
Old 02-17-2001, 02:10 AM   #25  

LAURIE - My starting weight was 217.50, but I know I was retaining water when I started so that is why I had such a big loss the first week.
I hit a "glitch" with the valentines with baking and the candy, but thankfully didn't gain. I've lost another lb. so I'm down a total of 12 so far.
Hope everyone else is doing well! Have a great weekend!
SuzieQ
Old 02-18-2001, 10:02 PM   #26  

Hi everyone!

How's everyone's weekend going so far? Good I hope. Just wanted to stop in and say hello. My mom is arriving today, she'll be here for the week. It's an annual thing...she's a teacher and has the same winter break as my kids so she always comes and spends that week with us. It's alot of fun.

Need to run and finish getting this house ready for company! Hi to all of you! Have a good one.

Terry
Old 02-21-2001, 05:41 AM   #27  

HEY---Where is everyone???
Haven't beeen doing too well the last few days. Weighed in yesterday---gained a pound. There is another new counselor--and I don't really care for her--so, anything she said, I kind of take personally from her. She is EXTREMELY skinny and has a weight problem (too skinny) I am serious!!!!!!! Anyway, I had written on the journal that I had a BIG salad. She criticized that. I told her---look, I don't care---I could have had a BIG peice of cake instead!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, I saw a friend I hadn't seen in almost a year---she kept going on and on about how great I lloked. It felt great to hear that.
Anyway---I hope everyone is doing well.
Take Care
Margaret
Old 02-21-2001, 08:30 AM   #28  

Hi there!

Maggie - I had a counselor like that too. She ended up quitting though...thank goodness. Next time if you really don't want to see her, let the next person go infront of you if you end up with her. You need to be comfortable with your counselor or its going to defeat the purpose. I ALWAYS used to write BIG SALAD in my journal. Don't see what her big problem was. Bet you felt soooo good getting those compliments from your friend.

Well, I've been sooo busy. Since my story went up on the Taebo page my website has absolutely skyrocketed. I'm getting emailed like crazy. Its been very hectic, but fun too. I'm meeting all sorts of cool people. My mom is here visiting this week too so that just adds to the craziness.

Hi to everyone else. How are you all? Stop in and say hi.

Need to go get some stuff done before calling it a night.

Have a good one!
Terry
Old 02-21-2001, 08:15 PM   #29  

Maggie,

The new manager at my center admits to never having a weight problem!!!! She said she had difficulty taking off 20 lbs after one of her children, did "her own thing" 20 years ago and the weight came off and stayed off. It kind of makes me sick. She is however, very professional and supportive.

I lost 1/2 lb over the weekend. My total is now 34 1/2 lbs. I still have 23 lbs to lose. I hope I can do that in 11 weeks. I need to really focus now!!!!

A neighbor of mine who had done LA last year is in the process of gaining it all back. I tried to encourage her to go back, she says it's too expensive and just wants to buy the bars instead. She was also turned off by some of the counselors who have since left. It scares me a lot because she is gaining it back . I hope this is the last time I need to lose this weight. I have always had a problem with maintenance of weight loss. I just hope this time will be different since I am exercising religiously too.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Maggie don't worry about the BIG salad. You are right, it could have been a BIG MAC!!!!
Talk to you later.
Old 02-21-2001, 09:47 PM   #30  
Spicy Chick

Hi everyone:..just checking in..

Maggie: I had a experience like yours with my journal a few times, I was trying to be honest, they made me feel like a bad elementary school child...so I wouldn't get stressed over it again when I cheated I stopped writing it down...you are doing good and as you said you could have had a big piece of cake!!!

Hi Terry: you are celebrity!! all those emails must make you really feel good and give you more motivation...not like you didn't already have it!!

Mom2twins; I think you are correct; your exercising will make the difference this time. I really think the key to stabilization and maintainance is; drinking your required amount of water, correct portion sizes and exercising..
I am on maintaince now,,,I have had some personal distractions, I have not lost any more weight, but I have not gained and I work out about 4-5 times a week, since it will be getting warmer I am hoping to kick up the intensisty of my workouts and add another day...
Crystal: how's it going..it seems like you are doing good exercising...
Happy Day all!!
Di
Closed Thread