Old 08-22-2006, 02:06 PM   #1  
Losing the Weight!

Default Can it GET any worse?

Sigh... I need strength you guys. I've been bouncing around on the scale lately really bad. We've changed me to the Blue Plan to see if that will help. AND they won't let me look at the scales on WI.

If that wasn't stressful enough, yesterday I learned that a dear friend's daughter died in her sleep at age 38 Sunday night. AND another dear friend was the responding officer for the 911 call.

AND yesterday I get home to find that one of my dogs died while walking across the livingroom floor. Just POW and she was gone.

This is shaping up to be one of those weeks that I don't want to deal with. Think I'll get back in bed and just stay there the rest of the week. I don't think I can take anymore!
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Joan - Big Hugs to you! I am soo sorry for all of the stressors in your life right now!! I simply can't imagine having to deal with so much at one time.
Hang in there. We are all here for you! Just take one day at a time!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:24 PM   #3  
FBD/8-18-08

Joan - Like Sherry said, We're all here for you! I'm sorry so much is hitting you at one time! Good grief!

Take a deep breath and take it one moment at a time! Hang on Sweetie, tomorrow is on it's way!

I'll remember you today in my prayers,
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:38 PM   #4  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Joan, I'm so sorry that life is hitting you with so much hurt at the same time. Like Pearl said, just take a deep breath and take it one moment at a time. We're all here for you. Take care and God Bless!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 03:39 PM   #5  
taco salad

S/C/G: 191/145/130

Height: 5'2

Ugh, Joan i'm sorry about everything.
But you know what they say - Crap happens. Even if its bad you just gotta stick through it and come out on the other side smiling.
I had a rough time with the scales recently, but I stuck to it and I lost more than I have in a long time.
Now, i'm smiling. =)

I hope everything goes well for you. Sorry about your friends daughter, and your dog.
<3
CassyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:40 PM   #6  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

I'm a believer that bad things happen in 3s - so it sounds like you got it all out the first part of your week. Hang in there - climb back into bed if you have to - at least it's probably far away from the kitchen! Watch something funny and silly on tv to take your mind off the stuff that has happened to you (I'm a dog person so you know my stomach sank when I read your thread); don't listen to sad country music. Of course the best thing you could do would be release some endorphines through some exercise, but I think, by now, you're probably already in bed! We're all here for you.
And, if you want to see your scale number at WI, tell them so. I think not knowing would stress me out more and they say stress causes weight gain/retention.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:34 PM   #7  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Dangit Joan - Just when you think it can't get any worse. My heart goes out to you!!! I am so sorry for all the stuff happening to you right now. Keep your chin up, It's GOT TO get better.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:16 PM   #8  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh Joan, I was so sorry to read your post. What a sad way to start the week. I am sending all of my love and strenth your way. Big hugs coming at you from Idaho.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Joan - I am so sorry to hear how things are going for you! I read your post yesterday, and didn't know what to say, so I didn't post. Then I figured that there really is nothing you can say in a situation like you're in that would sound right. So I just want you to know that you're in my thoughts. I hope you feel better soon.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:42 AM   #10  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Joan,

I am so sorry you are going through such a difficult time right now. I agree with Cassi nothing I could say sounds right, but I want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Beanie
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Joan, hang on. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. My condolences.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:00 PM   #12  
Losing the Weight!

Sherry, Kristi, Pearl, Evette, Cassy, Joni, Deb, Katie, Cassi, Beanie, FoodObsessed,

Thanks guys. Yesterday was actually better. Spent some time with that dear friend (the RO), short but sweet and definately worth the 40 mile drive... . Things are a good at least on that front and that made me feel better. I hadn't thought about things coming in 3s but that's true. So, hopefully I'm now done for a while. Its like I just got Slammed on Monday.

I just wish I knew what happened with my Jazz. She was fine Sunday night and Monday morning. And of course, I am one of those types that beats myself up with what ifs, especially when it comes to the dogs. As a breeder, I probably have seen more and have more knowledge about health issues than the average person, so I feel I should see things coming when even my vet tells me that that's not possible. Sigh.

Now if only I could get something done about home. Sigh. That situation needs to be dealt with but not THIS week.

I'm hanging in and doing what I need to do. I think the rest of the week will be better (at least I HOPE so.)

Since I'm not allowed to look at the scale right now ( ), I guess I'm going to have to wait to update my ticker... LOL

Anyway thanks again for the support. You guys are the GREATEST!
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote