Old 08-13-2006, 05:22 PM   #1  

Default Has anyone tried HMR

Hi,
This is a combination shake,entree plan and it seemed interesting.If anyone has tried it ,I would welcome some feedback.Thanks
Sheridan:
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 262/218/145

Height: 5'4'

Yes, I did HMR about three years ago and lost over 50 pounds. unfortunately, Its back on again. The shakes are good, the meals are fine, most of them. It was maintenance that I messed up in. I just need control for the rest of my life, I guess. The diet was expensive for me, since I went to the doctor weekly, bought the shakes and meals weekly. Finally had to stop that because of going into retirement.
Lolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:11 PM   #3  

Hi,
Thanks Lolow.The HMR at home program seems a bit pricey also but I am getting desperate. I have major issues with portion size-they all seem so tiny and I hate being hungry.I wonder why the shakes are almost $2.00 each?

Did you get some really good info on calculating exercise? I heard someone say they had a unique system. I called and asked the company but they didn't seem to have anything.It was like no matter how long it took to walk a mile,the calorie burn was the same whether it was 50 minutes or 20 minutes.
Tney had different forms of exercise and it seemed very simple. I wished I would have asked more questions but I didn't. This lady also went to the hospital based program.She did fine until maintenance also.
I wonder if the sdame program could be done at home using lean cuisine and slimfast? The HMR price is standing in my way at this time.
Good luck
Sherdan
Old 08-20-2006, 02:54 PM   #4  

Yes, there was some way they had of keeping up with your exercise. You kept up with the minutes of exercise (no matter what it was), then posted it with the number of shakes you had and it all evened out. I'll have to get out some of my old papers and see if I can shake it out of my ole memory. As long as it tallied, you would lose a pound. I had forgotten all about it. Yes, at the time I was going,the shakes were twenty dollars a box and you had to have at least five a day, plus you could have a meal replacement or two, which costs around 2.00 each. You could work out something using slimfast and their bars and probably lean quisine. As soon as I can dig that info out, I'll put it back on here for you to study.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:48 PM   #5  

Default Hmr

Hi,

I tried HMR a few years ago and had good success on the program. I lost 2 to 3 pounds a week with their at-home program (and lost about 30 pounds), but then it became too costly and I couldn't continue. Unfortunately, I fell back into my old habits. I wanted to try it again, but this time I am going to do their shake diet. You only have to purchase shakes. 3 or more shakes a day, 5 servings of fruit and vegetables, and 1 meal a day (when I say meal, I mean a meal you prepare yourself, not one of their entrees). I begin getting bored with the meals any way, although they are not bad and the shakes are really good (especially blended with fruits). The cost for the shakes diet is about $90 every two weeks. I just ordered the two week kit. I like HMR because they push fruits and vegetables and exercise.

Hope this helps!

Sheri
SheriBabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 226/202/170

Height: 5ft. 3in.

Exclamation Hmr

I was just getting ready to post a new thread about HMR and seen that someone already had one A friend of mine at work was on the HMR diet years ago and lost alot of weight but also gained it all back and is now on it again. I just received a book and a couple of shakes to try. Was thinking about ordering some shakes and snack bars.......they seem a bit expensive. $30.00 for some graham cracker bar. The meals are $3.50 each and $92.00 for a 2 week supply of shakes. I am concerned with their maintenace program. Does anyone know anymore about this
kat_tbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:22 AM   #7  

Default Hmr

I tried the snack bars and to me they were not good but a friend likes them.

From what i know maintenance is HMR's downfall. Seems people do well on the program but transition to regular eating is hard and the weight comes back on. I just met a girl who did the hospital program for the second time at huge expense but is now having trouble keeping it off.

I am still trying to figure out why the shakes are so expensive. How different could they be in nutrition from off the shelf shakes?

I asked them if the had a DVD that walks you through everything including transition to regular food and they do not at this time.

They have a complete 3 week at home kit with frozen dinners and shakes that is around $300.00. When I questioned the price,I was told that is not more than the average person spends now on food. Well,not at my house. Of course, we do not go out to fancy places or even fast food for that matter so I guess we spend below average.

I would like to try it but am struggling with the cost.

Sheridan
Old 09-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #8  

Default PS Kat tbs

Hi,

I forgot to ask-Where did you get a book and couple shakes to try? Do you like the taste of the shakes?
Thanks,
Sheridan
Old 09-03-2006, 02:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 226/202/170

Height: 5ft. 3in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Hi,

I forgot to ask-Where did you get a book and couple shakes to try? Do you like the taste of the shakes?
Thanks,
Sheridan
Good morning Sheridan, I got the book and the 2 shakes from a friend at my work. Haven't even tried the shakes yet but as soon as I do I will let you know what I think. I agree with you totally on the price. I have come to the conclusion that it cost money to eat healthy......lol. I was going to order some of the shakes but I have decided to just cut back on my eating and try TOPS. I just can't afford all of this other stuff. Good luck to ya and I will let you know about the shakes. Kat
kat_tbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:56 PM   #10  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

The commercials for these plans, if you watch carefully, state in the fine print at the bottom that most people's loss on these plans are TEMPORARY. The reason is this-yes, you are eating meals that are strategically split and calorically planned so that you will be able to lose weight, but the downfall is that the number of calories you eat in a day do not allow you to go back to normal eating and not gain it back. 800 calories a day is the average-and right on the verge of starvation mode. You should never reduce your calories for an extended period of time to an amount that you cannot maintain. It damages your metabolism in the long haul by making your body get used to something that's not normal. Please, ladies-save your money and just count calories-there isn't anything special in the food. I wouldn't want to spend all that money and effort on something that's only temporary.
rebeleagle1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:58 AM   #11  

Sheridan, I still haven't found my old papers, but I will. They are packed away in a box somewhere. I've just been having trouble with my knees and working on my diet, so haven't really had the time. I did a lot of surfing and finally found the HMR website where you can sign up and get your shakes, and then they send you a magazine to reorder and info. I don't have the web site anymore but if you have time, just do a search using the full name, then try the initials. It's somewhere in the northeastern states. I'm so sorry about this darn memory problem. That's what happens when you become an ole woman! LOL. But try to find the site, its worth it.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 276/276/150

Height: 5'

I did HMR program back in 2000. I was going once a week to the class that was an hour and a half. We talked about staying on plan, and other related topics after we got weighed. We had to write on the board in front of everyone how many exercise minutes we got in. They wanted us to do 2000 PA minutes a week minimum. We charted our shakes and entrees/bars and every Friday we were required to call our leader and tell her how much product we had eaten/exercise/water etc. (that was awesome accountability) we also had to call if we were going to "eat out of the box."
I was 268 when I started that program and got down to 210 within a few months - I than ended up getting my gallbladder removed and when I was out of surgery I ate regular food per my doctor and I TASTED FOOOOOOOOD and never went back (tried ONCE but just couldn't do it) it was too hard now that I had "went out of the box" big time! Now, with that said...I am back up to my highest weight - had a baby and gained everything that I did lose and a few friends. I do have the HMR shakes in the pantry and have them every now and then as a meal replacement or snack - usually mixed with some sugar free pudding powder or sugar free jell-o powder to change the flavors (something we learned in class) and sometimes mixed with fruit.
It's cheaper to buy the canisters. I buy the HMR 120 in canisters and they are $19.00 per canister and you get 12 servings - so about $1.58 a drink.
I would LOVE to go solely on the HMR shakes and my own entrees (choosing the ones under 220 calories) from like Lean Cuisine etc. but I don't know if I can do it....I am gradually making changes!
mikeysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:52 AM   #13  

Default Hi All

Well I am still thinking about this path to weight loss. Holding me back are the cost and the fact that in the colder months shakes are not appealing.On the plus side is the simplicity as ww made me obsess constantly about food and food preparation.

Lolow, I can certainly relate to the sore knee issues-now, in addition I have been having left sided butt pain (gives new meaning to a pain in the a..)I have a large paralyzed(rear) dog that I have to lift into a wheelchair. No, I cannot put her down as she is generally healthy.The thought of putting her down leads me right to ice cream. She is the love of my life.Loosing her would render me nonfunctioning and crying constantly. I love her so much.

I found the site called your betterhealth.com for the HMR products.Thanks.

Well, here I sit on the fence getting no smaller and not sure what to do.

Sheridan
Old 01-03-2009, 07:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 185/185/130

Height: 5"1'

I am about to start the HMR program on Monday evening. I am hopeful that I will finally have some weight loss success. I am a little worried about the maintenance aspect following the weight loss, but I am sure I can't be the only one with that concern.
tanyota1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #15  

Default I agree

i TRIED IT AND DID NOT MAINTAIN WEIGHT LOSS.
gOOD LUCK
golfgal7 is offline   Reply With Quote