Old 08-14-2006, 01:22 PM   #16  
FBD/8-18-08

Well, here in VA, they did my dh's bloodwork, he has to see them at least twice a week, they prefer 3 times. Also, in their broshure, it says the lites are not necessary for weightloss in tiny print at the bottom.
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:37 PM   #17  
Katie

Height: 5'1

My center does not do blood work either.

Hey Diane- Good to see you, how are things going?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:57 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

My COD does blood work. I just had it drawn (after being on plan for 5 months now -- was never there was the tech was there). The person who drew my blood is trained, she used to work in the lab at the hospital.
I found this out because she was good at drawing -- got it on the first try and no pain. I told her that she should go work in the hospital, and that some of those people need more training. That's when she told me she used to.
Not sure if all states are the same or not, but I believe at minimum you have to be specifically trained for blood draws.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:24 PM   #19  

Hi Katie! I am doing well. I've spent most of the summer at our place up north so I haven't been on this site much although I do try to keep up on the conversations once in a while. Looks like you've been doing great with your weight loss! Your picture looks fantastic. Congratulations! I haven't been great this summer, but I haven't gained anything and I have been exercising still. I should have been at my goal weight by the end of this month, but oh well, it's going to take a little longer, I'll live. I say Bravo to everyone that has been able to stay good this season, I find it hard. Too much to eat and drink! Although I know now that I can maintain my weight so maintenance doesn't seem like it will be so hard anymore.

Sue1968 - I haven't lost 50lbs, but I'm close. When I started working out I slowed down on my weight loss too. As a matter of fact, it came to a screaching hault. My counseler put me on the blue plan to get more calories in. It worked like a charm (after a week or so) and I started to lose about 3lbs a week. My metabolism was on fire! Must still be otherwise I wouldn't be maintaining right now . Have you gone on another plan since you started working out? The rule is that if you exercise more than 5 hours a week, they up your plan. Just a thought as to why you slowed down.....
ConnorsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:12 PM   #20  

Hi -- I"m on Red1, with no lites, so I dont think they would put me up higher -- i'm just soo confused

the PT called from my old gym, need to call him back; i'm still unsure what to do! but I know I need to get the scale moving down ....

Congrats either way -- still a huge accomplishment !!
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:23 PM   #21  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Diane- That is great that you have been able to maintain. That is what my summer has been like too. So much going on all the time. Hopefully things will get easier soon!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote