Old 08-06-2006, 09:21 PM   #1  
Shannon

Height: 5'3"

Default Canadian on LAWL

I have just joined LAWL this past week. I decided enough was enough - I have tried things on my own, done WW many many times as well as JC and am still trying to lose. I decided I needed the one on one counseling while eating real food. I am considering the $$'s an investment in my health.

Are there any active members here from Canada? And more specifically Calgary. I have no family in town, a very supportive bf that I live with and many friends that are supportive but don't really have a weight problem. I would love a LAWL buddy. I am going to the McLeod south centre on M, W, and F at noon.

This is a great site and I am glad I found this forum - have spent many hours reading your posts and the before/after picture post was truly inspirational.

Thanks ladies!

Shannon
Shannon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:39 PM   #2  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome shannon- We do have a few Canadians in Alberta. I am about 6 hours south of you. Close, but not close enough. Anyway, welcome and jump right in.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:32 PM   #3  
Shannon

Thanks Deb - I've seen some of your other posts - great job on the weight loss. Your an inspiration to do this!

Shannon
Old 08-07-2006, 08:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Shannon - Welcome! We are all spread out throughout the US and Canada, but you don't need to be close to be a weight loss buddy. We are a pretty active board compared to most, so there is always someone around to provide a pretty quick answer to any question or problem you might have. Jump right in on our Losers and Friends thread!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:45 PM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #6  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Welcome aboard!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:23 AM   #7  
One pound at a time...

Shannon to the site. I am not new to 3FC but I am new to LA Weight Loss. I joined last night and I am excited to get going. I go in for my plan explanation on Tuesday night.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:35 AM   #8  
STACY

S/C/G: 268/249/217

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Shannon. Im also new to LAWL. I just started 2 weeks ago. We can go through this together. Keep up the good work.
STACY
sforck97@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/176.0/170

welcome Shannon
I am a fellow canadian- from Nanaimo BC. I don'tpost often but I read all the time. Congrats on the decision to join Lawl andgood luck.
Barb
kicker_RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:35 AM   #10  
Katie

Hey Barb, how are you doing?
Old 08-11-2006, 12:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/176.0/170

Good- chemo has been ok so far (as good as it can be lol). I have had a extremely busy July- my niece got married so we had to go to Alberta for that. And then when we got home my son's lacrosse team was in the playoffs and they ended up as Island Champs Then we got to travel to northern BC (prince George - about a 12 hour trip) for the provincials. They came in 4th in BC. They first team they meet in the medal round ended up getting gold but my son's team was the only team to keep them to 4 goals. They were scoring 10 12 goals on everyone else. Needless to say my weight loss has slowed down with all the travelling. I am back on track now and hopefully will reach goal soon. I loved your posts about emotional eating. When I want to mindlessly eat I can hear you say - do something else
Barb
kicker_RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:11 PM   #12  
Katie

Thanks! Glad to hear that the chemo is okay. I see that you are nealy to goal. Good for you! Sounds like you have had a fun summer. Good to see you around, don't be a stranger!
Old 08-11-2006, 04:21 PM   #13  
Shannon

Thanks to everyone for their replies and the grand welcome!

I liked the idea of having someone to talk to in Calgary to hopefully make a new friend with common interests etc and someone perhaps to go for walks etc with.

Everyone is fablous here and the information has been very useful - I have read more posts than I have posted. Right now I am an extreme lurker - trying to take in all this new information.

Carol-I've wandered around 3FC before too on various other programs but was never very active. LAWL is my last stop though!

Barb - Thanks for the reply from a CDN. I love the island - I was just their on the May long weekend but in Victoria. It would be hard to stay OP for me there as I want to have fresh fish and chips everyday!

Stacey - great work to you too! MO is Montona right?
Old 08-13-2006, 05:45 PM   #14  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

Height: 5'6"

Hi Shannon!

I am new to this forum, I just found it yesterday. But I joined LAWL almost 4 weeks ago. I am in Vancouver BC.
Nice to meet you!
Candiflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:11 PM   #15  
Shannon

Hi Candiflip,
Thanks for the hello. I am entering week 3 today and to date am now down 5 lbs. You and I are headed in a similar direction - I want 150lbs too. I am 5'3" S/C/G: 222.8/217.8/150. I am on the purple plan and having a hard time getting the full protein x2 a day. Finding the serving size of chicken to be high and am button stuffed after. I talked to the counsellor today and I am going to try some carb cravers at lunch a couple times a week and a few other things as during the week I find it a lot of protein as I'm not a good morning person. Up at 6 am already don't need it to be earlier! Weekend protein are easy as I have a brunch at 10-11 as we tend to sleep to 9 or later on the weekends.