Old 08-03-2006, 04:20 PM   #1  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Default A year ago I was....

A year ago I was
64 lbs heavier. I was tired all the time. I never went into my husbands workplace because I was so self conscious. I ate two candy bars on the way from the grocery store, every time I went in. I never wore makeup. My mom had to convince me to buy new clothes, and I really didn't care what I looked like. I was insulin resistant. Buying groceries totally wore me out. My fibromyalgia was out of control. I parked in the closest spot possible. I felt out of control.

Now I
Have no trouble exercising. I am more friendly to strangers and aquaintences. I feel good most of the time. I am happy doing active things. I don't mind shopping all day or staying up late. I fix myself up everyday, even if I am not going anywhere. I have become a certifiable clothes horse. I spend a little money on myself every week. I am braver and more sure of myself. I am a happier, nicer person to be around. I am in control of my health and my weight.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 04:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

What does your hubby say about the mood changes? The outside appearance of course would be more obvious. I'm hoping to be like that in a years time with eating good foods more than high cal/empty foods, etc.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 04:34 PM   #3  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

BEFORE I....

A big fat smoker!! I was 58 pounds heavier and hated life. I would never want to go anywhere because I was so ashamed of how big I was. No matter how many times my mom told me that I needed to lose weight, I just wouldn't listen and eat away my pain. My pain ballooned me to 215 pounds wearing size 16 pants! The biggest I've ever been.
My husband never told me I was overweight, he always said that he loved me just the way I was, but I knew....I had to lose the weight and stop smoking for myself and my health.

NOW I....

Am 58 pounds lighter and will be smoke-free for a year this September. I am more friendly and outgoing. I love to go shopping for clothes and am not afraid of doing active things. I'm loving life, those around me and more importantly loving myself!

Last edited by winkie03; 08-04-2006 at 08:48 AM.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 04:51 PM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Evette, you make me smile.

Definily- He has noticed a lot of changes in me. I am more spunky and outspoken however, so he may not be loving that, LOL.

Come on ladies, you all have a story to tell, lets hear it!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

You should post these in the goals section!

Way to go!!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:17 PM   #6  

What great stories!!!! A blast of motivation and will power. Ya'll are really successful. I'm just starting so I don't really have a story to tell, but I plan to by January 8th!!!!

Patty
JSMS135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:36 PM   #7  
Losing the Weight!

A year ago I was 48 pounds heavier, I would spend most of the hot summer days indoors because it was too embarrassing to go out in shorts or tee shirts. I couldn't walk up the stairs at the office without getting winded. And carrying a 35 pound bag of dog food was too difficult for me.

Now... I have more energy than I can remember ever having, I look GOOD in shorts, I can run up the stairs and not get winded, that 35 pound bag of dog food only serves to remind me of how far I've come, and my inner child has finally come out to play... last week I went and got a tattoo!
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

A year ago I...

Was exhausted all the time and incredibly unhappy. I was 40 pounds heavier and looking in to weight loss surgery because I didn't think I could do this. I "knew" I had to have a thyroid problem or something else medical because there was no way I could have put this weight on otherwise.

Now...

I am 40 pounds lighter (35 according to my official LAWL weight). I have SOOOOO much more energy, I am much nicer to be around, I have much more confidence, and I am loving getting into a new size every month and a half.

A year from now...

I will be at my goal, and my new healthy habits will be much more ingrained. I will be even more beautiful, healthy and confident than I am now, and I will no longer shop in the plus section!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:31 PM   #9  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

A year ago I was so unhappy with myself and was embarrassed of how I looked. My knees hurt to climb the stairs. I would never think to exercise. I had to have something sweet everyday & bought sweets every time I went to the store. I would never wear a tank top or shorts. My DH also would tell me he loved me just the way I am.

Now I've lost 40+ lbs my knees are doing much better. I actually joined a gym and got a trainer and am going on regular basics. I like wearing tank tops and shorts. My husband tells me how hot I look now. I feel sexier and care more about my looks. I still have a lot of fallbacks to the same old me, but I've realized this is going to be a life time commitment for me and I have to just work harder to get to my goal.

Great post Katie.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:01 AM   #10  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

A year ago I was sick, tired, and depressed. I was hidden like a prisoner in my own home. I never wanted to go anywhere because of how I looked and felt. If I did try to leave the house, it was just too much effort. I would try to squeeze into my size 20 pants and everytime my stomach would hang over so far that I looked like I was past due with a pregnancy. I was an unhappy, miserable person to be around. I felt there was no joy in life. Basically I felt like I was waiting to die.

Now, I am 93 lbs. lighter. Laughing and enjoying life for the first time in years. My medications have decreased. My health is so much better. I am able to exercise several times a week. I can buy clothes straight off the rack at most any store and they not only fit, they look good. My DH says the biggest change in me is that if anyone is going anywhere, I am right there with them. Life isn't passing me by.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:11 PM   #11  

A year ago, I was 28 pounds heavier, tired all the time, no energy, hard getting into the "way back" in the van, etc. You know the drill!

Amazing what a difference a few pounds makes!
athensmomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:26 PM   #12  
Back in the saddle!

A Year Ago ...
I was at least 88 lbs heavier. I was exhausted all of the time. I rarely ever "dressed up" and was extremely self-conscious. I always walked at the back of the group when we went anywhere, and I always wore very loose fitting clothes so no one could see any bulges. I wore 28's, and could easily have moved on up if I didn't make any changes.

Now ...
I am 88 lbs lighter! I have LOTS of energy, and enjoy running around and playing with the kids. I have much more confidence, and it is impacting me very positively in personal and professional ways. I am now in 18s comfortably! Shirts I can wear 14/16s! I have lost 10-1/2 inches in my waist alone! I am using 1/3 the amount of insulin I used to use! And while I have a lot more to lose, I am so proud of how far I have come -- in less than 7 months! I no longer say, "If I ever lose this weight, I will ..." I now say, "When I get to goal, I will ..." and it feels spectacular!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I needed your post. I was 3 seconds away from binging. God bless you green. Can u show us a pic? Did u go on any particular diet/
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:43 PM   #14  
Back in the saddle!

FoodObscessed, Yep! This thread was originally posted in the LA Weight Loss forum. That's the plan I have been following (with much success!). Here is a link to the before/after pics that many of us posted a while back. Mine is about half-way down the page. I hope that helps! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ics+motivation
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:24 PM   #15  
PurpleSunshine

A year ago....
I was so frustrated with what to do with the rest of my baby weight. I was not exercising anymore, therfore, I felt lazy, tired all the time and just plain wore out. I was always self concious about people looking at me and thinking "She's fat" - so I would mentally judge myself constantly.

Now...
I would say I'm at my pre pg weight (with a few more lbs - due to muscle mass ). I have decreased by over 5% bodyfat and 11 inches (since I started measuring in April) and I can workout harder than ever with more stamina and energy. I can actually look in the mirror and be prould of me, who I am , being a wonderful wife and mom while making healthy choices for my family. I can go to the pool or beach and take off my cover up without totally freaking out mentally that someone is watching and talking about me being fat. I can wear tank tops and other clothes and feel so confident that even though I'm not at goal - I'm proud, I'm healthy and I'm finally who I wanted to be for soooo long.

Thanks Katie - as I sat here and typed this - I have tears in my eyes. Yes, I've only really lost about 15 lbs on LAWL and maybe another 10 lbs on WW previous to December - but my life has changed so much. With my exercise and dedication to being healthy I've accomplished way more than just a number on a darn scale!!! You have helped me alot in this journey and to you I send lots of Thanks and many hugs!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote