Old 08-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hi Everybody!

Rebeca - good to see you!

Deb - Good to see you again too!! I sure hope the cooler weather comes this way soon! I'm enjoying the pool, but it's like bathwater. Today was only supposed to be the high of 90°, but it got up to 97°. My house has no air conditioning, and it is so hot. It looks like it's going to rain (supposed to thunderstorm), but sometimes that makes things worse!

Lea Ann - WOOHOO on the 150's sticking!! WTG!!

Katie - Have a good time at DH picnic!

JM - WTG on your NSV!! Now, go drink your water! LOL

Patty - Congrats on your loss so far!! You're doing great!

Heather PP - here's sending some your way and some motivation for you to get back on track!!
I'm in your boat too, which is why I need to get back in school! DH and I spend alot of time eating out, and I'm not making the best choices, and some are nowhere POP at all!!

Cassi - I'm one of the guilty, more lurking lately. And not totally POP. I'm hoping this will be my last "bad" weekend. We're taking a trip back to Buffalo from Friday - Monday (so I won't have easy access to a computer), and I know I won't be POP. But, I will try ...

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll try to hop on before we start our drive out tomorrow, but if not, I'll chat next week!

Here's to a new start, for all of us!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #77  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Well, I certainly hope so! Sorry you are struggling Heather. Seems like this summer has been pretty tough on many of us. I am glad for August to be here already. Soon things will start settling down a little. I know it is hard not to get stressed out over all of this stuff sometimes. My family plays cards every week. Things often get pretty heated and wild, in fact I have had an ugly bruise on my arm from my sister pinching me at cards 2 weeks ago. Anyway, my dad's favorite thing to say when we are all getting rowdy is "It's just a game, it's not your life." We have all thought that was pretty funny, and it has come in pretty handy other times. So to you I say, "It's just a diet, it's not your life!" You have a darling darling daughter, DH, friends, family. You are a beautiful person inside and out, anyone who has gotten to know you around here can attest to that. You are doing a wonderful thing here, not only helping yourself to be more healthy and fit, but with your sparkle and infectious enthusiasm around here.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:58 PM   #78  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Afternoon girls!

Today I was down to .5 lbs above pre-vacation weight. I managed to shake and shimmy out of the 7lbs I gained while on vacation in less than 5 days. I guess my body hated them as much as I did.

Next tuesday, the 8th, is my 27th birthday. We're celebrating sunday by going to a Japanese Steakhouse. It's my favorite place to eat and I only get to eat there once a year for my b-day. They use probably too much fat in cooking the food, but there's no breading and no heavy starches unless I eat some rice, and lots of veggies. I'll be having a half order of chicken and a half order of calamari. They serve it with onions, mushrooms, bean sprouts and zucchini. I'll plan accordingly for fats.

I've also opted not to have a cake and instead we are going to stop at TCBY on our way home and get a sugar free yogurt parfait with sugar free whipcream and just a splash of sugar free hot chocolate. Mmm!

I also signed up for Power Yoga next semester, which actually starts August 21st. It's twice a week for an hour and combines yoga and pilates. It's something I have to go to every week and they actually give me college credit for it. Man, I love losing weight.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:02 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Sommer - my DD birthday is on the 8th as well. Sweet 16.
DH works 2nd shift, so we will be going out as a family on the 12th for mexican food. (She's 1/2 mexican).
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:04 PM   #80  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Deb- Thanks for the welcome back! The wedding was in Littleton Colorado, but we spent some time in Denver too. I forced the boys to go to the History museum and see a planitarium show with me. It was fantastic!

Heather- I love your new pic and I'm really glad to see you. You're always such an inspiration. I've been hiding too, I just couldn't motivate myself to post and I'm still trying to nudge myself on. It feels good to read what everyone says though. It really does.

Sherry- Happy birthday to her then! We've got an excellent birth day if I do say so myself.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:32 PM   #81  

Height: 5'6"

Happy birthday, Sommer!

A Japanese steakhouse sounds like a very healthy choice! I love Japanese food, too. Is it one of the ones where the chef does the slicing and dicing right on your table? That's so much fun! And the miso soup is so good! I guess it's high in salt, but you can always double down on the lemon water later. ;-)

Your blog is great! I've bookmarked it.
CafeAmericain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:44 PM   #82  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies-
I came across a word recipe book template that I had so I started getting all my LAWL recipes in order. I posted a bunch of them in the recipe threads, I haven't personally tried any of them out yet. I don't cook much in the summer, so when it cools down I will try a bunch of them out. If you try any let us know how they are.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:50 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 197.2/157.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Joni- I think what you said about you being worth the money you spent at LAWL was great. I have to remind myself of that.

Lori- Funny, my DH suggested the same thing…tell the COD I’m buying off E-bay or that my sister (who did LAWL) gave me a bunch of her leftover stuff. I think for now I will go with that. We’ll see if they give me the same hassle they did you.

Jenni- Sounds like you and I are at the same point in this. I was also down 3.6 pounds since last Friday. I hear you on the sugar demon . I have a headache every night since I started. I’m sure that will end soon though once my body is adjusted to the new foods.

Paula- Thanks for the tip on the Omega Complex. I’ll be checking GNC this weekend.

Cassi- good luck with WI tomorrow. I think not worrying is the best way to go. Stress = Cortisol retention = Belly fat retention.

Juliemarie- Hey, we’re neighbors! I just live over the bridge in Vancouver (aka Vantucky, The ‘Couv…..lol) My DH and I spend as much time as possible in Portland. Living in Vancouver has everything to do with property taxes and the custody arrangement for DD with my ex-h. We would so live in Portland if we could. We are planning on a hike at Multnomah this weekend.

Patty- Congrats on the 10lbs in 2 weeks. I am hoping for that kind of result at the end of my first 2 weeks.

Sommer- I keep hearing from so many people that Yoga is really great for so many things including weight loss. Best of luck!

Well, this is day 7 for me of being POP. I’m pretty proud of myself. Now, if these pounds would just melt……I’m visualizing leaving little melted, buttery trails behind me as I walk. LOL
Go Mommy Go! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #84  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Sommer- I just finally took a few minutes to read your blog. Big, big thumbs up. Totally loved it. You really have the right attitude, I have no doubt you will see your goal.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:05 PM   #85  

Kristi- Wow, small world. That pic is from Christmas. Dawson was born in December.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:15 PM   #86  

This is a little more current. He was about 2 weeks old in the other photo.

and this is big sister, Emily. She is 7:

Old 08-03-2006, 08:20 PM   #87  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

I wonder why we tend to stay away, just when we need this place the most. There are some pretty bizarre things about the human psyche... Sunshine, Sommer, Sherry, Kristi... keep at it, ladies!

Not too much new going on - am crazy busy trying to get hockey registration stuff completed for the big day in 1 week. So many of my key contacts for getting stuff done are out of town, that I am spinning my wheels. No wonder I try to do everything myself!

Lea Ann - way to hang, girl! Keep toughing it out and those last few pounds (less than 10 now!!!!!!!!!! ) will come right off!

D'Ann and Patti, you are doing so well!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:38 PM   #88  

Deb - I read through the recipes you posted and some of them really look good. I do try to cook throughout the summer so I'll try some during the next week and let you know how they were.

Thanks

Patty
JSMS135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:51 PM   #89  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Hi Guys- I am here I have just been lurking too. I am up a few pounds and can not seem to get rid of them. I also can not seem to get the right food in the house. We are on a really tight budget the next few weeks and I have learned that it is expensive to eat healthy.

Lea ann, I am so happy for you that you have finally broke into the 150's. I am sure you will stay there now.

The kids go back to school the 21st and I am just biding my time until then. I know I am just using them as an excuse, but I will be able to concentrate so much better on my eating and get my exercise in once they are back in school.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:30 PM   #90  
Losing the Weight!

Well all, another small NSV. Went to the doctor today...on his scale I was 156.6 but better yet... we're cutting my BP medication in half. YEAH. He was really impressed with my WL.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote