Old 08-31-2006, 03:09 AM   #826  
Shannon

Height: 5'3"

Pearl, Thanks for your kind words. My step-sister is 29 yo, young enough to still make this all work out. I just hope she has the strength to get her there.
Shannon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:48 AM   #827  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Shannon--my heart is breaking for your family. I honestly cannot imagine so words fail me. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

Jeana--You can do this! It's hard, No one will lie but it's by far the best plan I have ever tried--and probably the only one I've truly been successful at! Keep at it--1 pound at a time!!

Okay gals--I wrote a long post yesterday morning and it got highjacked--I figured it was the web gods telling me not to jinx myself. I was congratulating myself on the scales saying--ready.....160.2!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say I was thrilled--then terrified it was a fluke and this AM would be back to 162--NOPE--this AM was 160!!!!!!! I am changing my ticker--now I really can't blow it over the weekend--I am too close to the 150's again (I have a lot of agains!) Anyway--I have been really good--not POP--but really good. The only bad thing is when I change something I change lots of things so I have no idea if it's the daily breakdown (which I LOVE because I can't sneak something and say--"oh , I'll count that as such and such" I am more honest thatn I have been in months. Having each letter in my book has really helped with my planning too. I've been lazy and had lots of slimfast and V-8 for convenience. Or it could be that I am not eating after supper, or that I am not exercising so much--too many variables but I'll take them.

I hope everyone has a great day--is it getting easier with kiddos back in school? Hope so. Take care of yourselves and I am going to try to pop in later. Miss you all--dumb job!! Not really--I like it I am just on the go all the time right now.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:35 AM   #828  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Lea ann- I am so happy for you, I go to WI at 9 this morning, I am scared, I have been good but I do not think I have lost at all, in fact I probably will be up because I can not get the digestion moving.

More later, I have to get the kids to school
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:35 AM   #829  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

WTG LeaAnn - I'm sooooooo excited for you because I know how frustrating your stall was. I hope WI is good for me too. My home scale looks good, but who knows! I actually stepped off and back on to confirm and gave the scale a little kick (does anyone else do that?). Like you, I don't know exactly what I did, but I did eat a few different things. Yesterday I had an LA Slim frozen with raspberries (expensive raspberries, but I'm soooooo worth it!) - mixed it up in the blender and it was filling and awesome, and the scale at home was down today! I'm still exercising a few days a week, but not posting it on the thread anymore.

Pearl - your posts are awesome; were you ever a paid therapist or counselor? You could be! I actually had tears in my eyes (from your response to Jeana and Shannon's post!). Thanks for the recipes and while I don't cook as much as you, I always have good intentions.

Jeana - I can only confirm what Prazteam (Pearl) and LeaAnn (BoosMom) have written - this program ROCKS!! While I am not in your weight category, the weight charts still consider me obese and, like 99% of the gals on this thread, I obsess about my weight. I was totally not motivated to do anything to stop it from creeping up. I actually went and joined LAWL with a pretty bad attitude about doing the program. Well, something clicked (this site or the center or a combination of both) and I've been eating the healthiest I ever have for almost 12 weeks now. If I were you I would print off Pearl's post and read it everyday. It's priceless.

Shannon - my sincere sympathies to your family. I can only imagine the grief you all must feel.

Deb & Pearl - thanks for the taco seasoning recipes. Time to go hire a chef (haha!!).
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:44 AM   #830  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

LeaAnn!! I'm so happy for you. Those stubborn pounds have come off for you, finally!!

Jeana-You can do this and you've definitely come to the right place! Take each step day by day. Yes you have pounds to lose, like all of us....but, you also have so much to gain!! Take Care!

Pearl-I love what you had to say. So beautifully put. I'm glad you're here!

Shannon-I'm sooo sorry to hear about everything that's happening. My prayers are with you and your family.

Well, as for myself..... I'm down another pound, so the 140's are just around the corner. Thank you all for your encouragement. I hope that that lost pound stays lost!!

Deb, Cassi, Sommer, Katie, Sherry, HeatherPP, Heather CP, Lori, LJackson, Jenni, Rebeca, Beanie, Carmen....and the rest of you gals..... Come out and play!

Last edited by winkie03; 08-31-2006 at 09:00 AM.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:55 AM   #831  

I fell off the 21 day challenge -- its so hard with the kids. I know we shouldnt make excuses, but again I put me last and have not been eating healthy at all -- or making my meals for that matter and having bad choices when eating out (when I go to work w/out dinner).

I'm really challenged at work -- they always have food; every time we have our weekly meeting it is surrounded by food. That is what set me off -- I need to get refocued and focus on me! I need to plan my days out better too.

I have a trial membership to a new gym to see how I like it. I hate to say that I can really the difference from not working out in a month. I went yesterday and then will today too -- My g/f goes here as well and they have child care so there should not be any excuses.

I'm hoping for better days; I had oatmeal today (while not completely on program) I have been craving it --

Then the COD really #!#$$ me off yesterday. My washing machine hose broke and water was squirting everywhere -- not sure for how long, but it was a mess; I called and cancelled my appt (that just gave me more of a reason not to go) --- I got home yesterday and the center called and this chick is screaming at me to pick up the phone -- not to prescreen my calls, I missed my appointment today, she knows my kids are in school and to call her back asap. It was really rude. That just got me more upset

I already have my appt for next week and I am going to try and refocus and go back then. Tonite I have dinner out with friends and then we have the long weekend. .. I just hope I can stay on program -- or as close to it as possible.

HOpe eveyrone is having a great week!
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:06 AM   #832  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good morning girls! I've been MIA due to Tropical Storm Ernesto... He didn't exactly pack a punch, but I was busy bringing things in and taking them back out again!

I will catch up on everyone's posts later, but wanted to check in.

WI is today at noon. I think I have a 1lb gain. 2 yo DS is sick and just wanted to cuddle. So in between moving stuff in and out of the house, DH and I took turns sitting with him. And all he wanted were chips and salsa and cheese doodles (you know those really good organic white cheddar ones from Lays???) Anyhoo... had more of those than I care to admit. Hitting the lemon water this morning as I am grasping at straws before WI (lol).

I'll check in later. Hope everyone has a POP day.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:16 AM   #833  

S/C/G: 450

Height: 5' 4"

Default Thanks

Pearl, I want to thank-you for your heart felt reply, and I am in no way offended. I also want to thank everyone else that has replied to my posting. I would also like to condradulate you on your weight loss success. I believe that no matter how much weight you have to loose the fight is the same. However, Pearl I believe that you can really understand my situation being that you are more than 100 lbs overweight as well. I am taking all of your suggestions and trying to drill them into my brain. I realize that I did not gain this weight overnight, so I will not lose it overnight. I believe this is what is so discouraging for me. The instant gradification is not there like it is for food. I have alot I need to work on, and I believe that joining this site is the best thing I have done for a long time that is positive towards my weight loss success. I want to thank everyone for your support and let everyone know that I am here for support as well.
Jeana6698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:29 AM   #834  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone...

Went to WI and yep I'm down 2 lbs. Great, I'll take it. I am not feeling the new people at my COD. Such a shame that they don't seem to have a lot of personality. Ah well...I'll keep praying that that may change soon. The rate of turnover these centers have, it won't be long until I see another new face.
As for my plan, gotta say that yesterday was so - so. I did well with my eating but poorly with my water and boy can I feel it. I am downing it right now in hopes that it will make me feel better. It should.

I just want to say thanks to all of you for sharing your stories, support and encouragement. And if you are gaining, just know that it is temporary and that you can turn it around. Keep the faith and don't lurk or worse yet stay away for months (like me) because you're in a rough spot along your WL journey. WE CAN DO THIS CHICKIES.

Debrab - Someone wrote "the WORST thing you can do to yourself is to compare your weight loss with someone else's." So true!!! So don't worry about what the gals in your office are doing, just don't give up. Your post sounds so similar to my own story. All that hard work, just to end up very near to where I began. Honey, we CAN do this.

Shannon - Aww my heart and many prayers go out to your family.

Pearl - You're amazing and such an inspiration. Such an asset to 3FC. Thank you!

Sue - The COD can really mess it up sometimes, can't they?

Jeana - Pearl gave you such sound advice. Just know that whether you have 300# or 30# to lose you are in good company here.

Lea Ann -

Evette - Glad you saw some movement!!!!!

Joni - Congrats on the loss.

To anyone I missed, I apologize, and to all of us !
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:05 AM   #835  
One pound at a time...

Good Morning Everyone! I am going into the COD tonight, so I hope I see a loss. Tuesday is always a bitter sweet day for me at the COD. Saturday morning always shows such an awesome loss, but by Tuesday evening (even if I have been on POP), I always show a gain, but I am down week over week which is fine.

Shannon-I am so sorry to hear about the loss in your family my thoughts are with you and your family.

Jeana-You have received some wonderful words of wisdom already (Pearl-fantastic post), that I can only echo what has already been said. I wish there was a magic pill that existed or that the whoosh fairy would take everything away at once, but alas, it is not meant to be. I think I am safe in saying that most of us here have had our "AHA" moment. The moment where we can not take it anymore and we are motivated to do something about it. This is a life long journey, and yes the motivation will ebb and flow like the ocean, but if you embrace is as a lifestyle change you will get there.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:43 AM   #836  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Ah girls--you make me feel so good! I am so paranoid that it's not permanent and I have to get over it. I hate being a worrier but seeing the scale helps me stay good at work--don't want to blow it.

Jeana--I know it doesn't seem much like a positive but the one "positive" about your starting weight is you will see great gains (ie--LOSSES) when you start this program. This is just my experience from my heaviest and seeing others on this site. It's hard work whether you have 10 or a 110--it's all hard but we are here to bear it with you. And I can tell you from experience everytime you step on the scale and see a loss--regardless of the amount--it is motivation to continue. Good Luck.

Lisa--good Luck at WI!!!! I hope you are pleasantly surprised. I take 2 of the sugarfree FiberOne chewables every morning and night with losts of water--been helping. I was taking the one with extra calcium but yesterday picked up the "weight management" one--it doesn't taste nearly as good--it's strawberries and cream but it has chromium in it--we'll see if there is any difference.

Joni--I'm like you--had to double and triple weigh. Hope you see a loss today!

Evette--another pound!!! That is awesome. Don't you just feel likeyou are fighting for ounces now??? I am grateful for every bit. You look amazing!

Sue--this time it is all about YOU!!!! There is nothing selfish about it--so whatever you need from us to help you get focused on YOU--just let us know and we'll get it done. I'm with you on the office sabotage--why does everyone want to bring us donuts??? Have fun at the gym--sounds like a great deal--childcare and a buddy--woohoo. I would definitely talk to the manager about the rude message--we have lives and sometimes schedules just have to be rearranged.

Cassi--sorry about the sick baby--bummer. Try to stay semi-dry. Glad he weakened before hitting land. Are you still getting lots of rain??

Carmen--it is so great to have our chocolate thunder back!!! Now if our other MIA's would return to the nest....CONGRATS on the losses--WOW!!!

Carol--Good Luck tonight at WI! You are braver than me weighing at night--no way.

Hope you all have a super day!!!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:14 AM   #837  

well hello chickies --

I hope that you all will have a great day today and that what ever happens you will just get closer to your goals. I am still stuck at 180 POP today it is lemon water and a switched up plan just going to try way different food and try not to just eat salads because they are easy. Any suggestions on a menu you guys just toss it out there for me. Take care and I will be back around today. I am sending you all lots of POP thoughts.

Bernadette
thnknthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:02 PM   #838  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Jeana- I think Pearl just about said it all. Weight loss it just about 90% mental. You can think about losing the weight and talk about losing the weight but until you are completely straight in your mind that you need and want to lose the weight, you are not going to do it. When I called LAWL, I had spent most of the day before in a major funk and crying because I was so heavy. I had made up my mind at the appointment that I was going to join, but wanted to talk it over with my DH first. He was all for it, as long and I'm not spending the money on something I will give up on again. He told me that he is glad that I am taking this step because he was worried for me that I was AGAIN at my heaviest weight ever and he knew it was taking a toll on me, plus he could see that I was not the laughing, smiling, happy go lucky girl I used to be. HELLO.....Why didn't you say something before....... His response was...Because I love you no matter whether you are skinny or fat, but that is a choice you have to make for yourself. BOOM, at that moment a bolt of lightning hit me and I made up my mind even more. I've got to do this. And 60 lbs. later. I am so glad I did. So girl, just take it one day at a time and one step at a time. You can do it, because Jeana, believe it or not, you are worth it and you deserve it!!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:26 PM   #839  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Shannon- So sorry for your heartache.

Cassi - I'm glad you were bypassed for the most part by Ernesto. Never had to deal with a hurricane, even though we get hurricane speed winds up here in Montana.

HeatherPP, Rebeca and all you other chickies that may live in the Carolina's- Here's a prayer that you guys are spared the flooding that they are saying you may get.

Lea Ann- WOOHOO!!! Perseverance does pay off, doesn't it!!!!

Pearl- You are an amazing woman!!

Evette- Another lb. YAY!!!!!

Lisa, Joni & Carol- GL at WI

Sue- Sorry about all your troubles. I would have called back and let the manager hear that recording and then I would have ripped someone a new one. That is just WRONG!!!! Especially if you called and cancelled your appointment.

Carmen- WOOHOO on the 2 lbs. You are kicking butt girl!!!

Bernadette-If you stick with it, it will come off. Hopefully sooner than later. Don't give up. Here are some good vibes to help you along!!!

Ok, chickies- gotta go weigh in and then go pick up the tile to start my back breaking tile job. See ya'll later!! Have a super day!!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:45 PM   #840  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Deb - Good luck at WI and with the fun job that lies ahead (tiling). Your furkids have four paws - maybe they can help!

Bernadette - hang in there; your scale will move if you follow the program. I promise!

Jeana - is that a white boxer in the picture??? What's his/her name? I'm a dog lover!! Glad you found us....hop on Pearl's train and set a short-term goal for yourself (for example, maybe set a goal for the month of September to motivate or challenge yourself)! Keep reading and posting here - it does the soul good.

Cassi - guess your mini weekend vacation got cancelled. Sorry your DS isn't feeling well. Well, I'm really sorry that you can't eat cheese doodles with him. Hope he's back to his old self soon. Sounds like you got some exercise in with moving things in and out for your potential company (Ernesto).

Sue - don't be discouraged. Sounds like you had a rough couple of days. As far as the rude person from the COD, I would certainly march in there asap, give her a piece of my mind, and demand 3 bags of those yummy cheese curls as compensation for your pain and suffering (okay...I'm trying to add a little humor to your not so humorous situation!). We don't have appointments at my COD - just walk in. Usually, there isn't much of a wait, but today was 20 minutes and I wasn't a happy camper. I may have to see if they do take appts.

Evette - WTG on the scale. If I know you, it will stay gone. I wish I was heading towards the 140s; I'll be thrilled when the Center's scale has me in the 150s (my home scale does, but not the COD!!).

As for me, I had a 1.2 lb loss since Tuesday. I was thrilled and the only thing I can tell you that I did differently was had an LA Slim with fruit (vs some other protein and starch combo) and a pretty hard workout (hard for me is defined as 30 minutes - mostly a slow jog - on the treadmill). I have company coming in next week for a long weekend (next Wed-Sun). Her life revolves around eating and drinking. I'll be as good as I possibly can, but think I'll do TO with oranges on Monday and Tuesday (I haven't tried it that way yet). Here's to a healthy day everyone.

Last edited by Joni135; 08-31-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote