Old 08-26-2006, 06:35 PM   #691  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Brenda--when you hit "GO" below where it says forum jump, it will take you to the list of all the topics on LAWL. Good Luck

Congrats to the losers!!! I am not one this week--big surprise huh? Anyway I stayed the same and the counselor gave me the daily meal breakdown to follow this week to see if it will help. I really want to try the Special K, 2 week thing, she said she tried it and it didn't work but I expected that from the COD. AND--as much I HATE to and I going to cut bacl to only moderate cardio (maybe some pilates) for a while. She basically said I needed to decide between the exercise (plus, I only lost an inch in my hips since I started working out) or getting to goal. Right now, I love being "fit" I also really really really want to get to goal and since (maybe coincidentally) I have gained since I started working out I am going to try the break for a while. I am so dang wishy washy right now!!!!!

Gotta run--friends are here for "family double date night!" dinner and bowling!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 06:49 PM   #692  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Thanks for the advice on the constipation issue.
Now another question, I have some LAWL chocolate pudding in my cabinet- does that count as a lite too? I tried it once when I started out and did not really like it so it has sat in there for a while, but maybe it would be better if I blended it instead of just stirring it up with a spoon.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:22 PM   #693  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Default Mia....

Hey y'all! Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I really really miss this place, and I'm hoping that next week things will have slowed down enough for me to catch up and actually post again! Right now I feel like my avatar!!!

Hugs and good vibes to everyone!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:25 PM   #694  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Hi Lori- we have missed you, hope things settle down for you soon. Hope you can come back next week
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:47 PM   #695  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Lisa, The pudding counts as a starch. I have a packet that they gave me, but I have never made it up so I don't even know how it tastes.

Lori- Good to see you, I was wondering yesterday where you had vanished to. Hopefully things will slow down for you.

Right now I look like rudolph. The mosquitoes are so bad here and we were outside and I got bit on my nose and on one of my eyelids. My nose is really swelled up.
Night all.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:12 AM   #696  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Boo'sMom- Before I ever started LAWL again my coworker and I did the Special K thing for about 3 weeks. Doesn't work. In this case your COD was right. I never saw a single budge on my scale and I did it to the letter, used their website and everything. I was really disappointed and so, so sick of cereal. I still can't even think about eating cereal.

Lori- Wonderful to see you! School just started back and I feel a little bit like your avatar too. Can't wait till you can join us again.

Happy 6am girls. I am so tired this morning. My boyfriend came home at 3am from the bachelor party he went to. Of course I woke up and asked him about it and I didn't fall asleep again until between 3:30 and 4am. Having my night cut up like that has exhausted me. And I have to write a paper and read Comedy of Errors by Shakespeare today. I'm doomed.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 08:20 AM   #697  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

Lea Ann - How was date night?
?? for you - how would you do the Special K diet? do you replace two meals with the cereal? Sorry your WI didn't give you a loss this week. But you are doing so good with your exercise, that's got to compensate for something. (Better fitting clothes?)

Lisa - I can't help on the chocolate pudding. It's not even listed in my book. I didn't even know that LAWL had their own pudding. And in looking through their own cookbook, I couldn't find any recipes that use it. I found a Chocolate-Banana Crunch parfait that uses SF instant chocolate pudding. (is the pudding dc'd?)

Sommer - Good morning!

Katie - How's the new job?

Deb, Lori, Evette, Joan, Joni, JM - and everyone else -
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 08:21 AM   #698  

Carmen -
Old 08-27-2006, 10:08 AM   #699  
on LAWL

Sommer--she said the same thing. I am going to try the meal breakdown she gave me. Already have it labeled in my diary for each day so I can follow it. Plus, taking the easier route of exercise she recommended--just light cardio 3 days a week. I love cereal but I'm sure it would get old. Have fun getting all your work done--poor you. I plan to be a veg. today.

Sherry--The ad for the Special K "diet" was 2 bowls of cereal to replace 2 meals a day for 2 weeks and lose a jean size. I might could do it in the heat of the summer when I don't want anything. Wish I could say the exercising was paying off in inches but according to her--(and I think they all measure different) I only lost an inch in my hips since I started working out in mid-july--I'll certainly take it but was hoping for more. I feel good about the workouts but I am going to try the break she suggested. I feel like the local mystery client or worse--guinea pig!! It seems we are always trying something new. And then the greatest part is the inconsistencies again--telling me to drink V-8 if I was having a hard time getting my veggies in when a couple weeks ago a counselor said "I know it's in the book but you really shouldn't have it"--I get that with soooooo many things. Oh well. Trying the new thing so we'll see. I still want my doctor at my well woman to order bloodwork--how warped do you have to be to hope they find something medically wrong with you!? Date night was a blast. Four adults and four children bowling is hilarious. I totally blew the plan off last night (and here I whine I'm not losing!) but it was totally worth it. Mexican food and margaritas and I feel like a new person today. Oh yeah--she lectured me about being stressed yesterday and how some people can do something totally for themselves (pedicure, massage, etc) and lose weight from the decompression time--I told her I'm not stressed at home or work (well maybe a little) but that I am STRESSED when I have to go WI and feel obsessed with the plan. Anyway--last night was great and I'll even say worth whatever the gain because I didn't even think about "the plan" and if laughing burns calories I did great. Whew--that was more than you bargained for huh?

Lisa--no idea on the pudding--sorry.

Lori--YEAH--get back over here!

Deb--poor girl--we are waiting on the pests since we've had so much rain and still have lots of standing water--I just see them as breeding grounds--uck.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-27-2006, 10:28 AM   #700  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom View Post
Brenda--when you hit "GO" below where it says forum jump, it will take you to the list of all the topics on LAWL. Good Luck

Congrats to the losers!!! I am not one this week--big surprise huh? Anyway I stayed the same and the counselor gave me the daily meal breakdown to follow this week to see if it will help. I really want to try the Special K, 2 week thing, she said she tried it and it didn't work but I expected that from the COD. AND--as much I HATE to and I going to cut bacl to only moderate cardio (maybe some pilates) for a while. She basically said I needed to decide between the exercise (plus, I only lost an inch in my hips since I started working out) or getting to goal. Right now, I love being "fit" I also really really really want to get to goal and since (maybe coincidentally) I have gained since I started working out I am going to try the break for a while. I am so dang wishy washy right now!!!!!

Gotta run--friends are here for "family double date night!" dinner and bowling!
I'd stick with the exercise as it is helping. I was one that never exercised and now I make sure I at least get 4 days of cardio and two of weights. I know my scale is moving slower, but I also know I'm not POP either. Being I still have a lot to lose I'd rather be toned and not focus so much on the scale. I tell my center the same thing. My first goal as come and gone at least three times and I look at I'm working harder to make my body fit. If they try to sell me more weeks I will put my plan on hold till I fill comfertable to start again. If I wasn't exercising I'd still be losing at a faster rate, but still have the excess flab everwhere. Good luck with you decision and I hope your weight starts losing faster for you again. I think a inch off your hips is great.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:36 AM   #701  
on LAWL

Barb--just an FYI--when they tried to make me buy more weeks I flat out said no--I told them they could take them off my maintenance weeks since I'd already paid out for 52, (that was a few wkkes aga and nothing has been mentioned again) but that I absolutely would not buy more weightloss weeks because I think they are crazy to guarantee 2 lbs/week, then are the first to admit the last 10-15 are very difficult and that hardly anyone loses even a pound a week at that point. Maybe I am the exception but I know no matter how POP I am I will never lose 2 in a week again.

Good to see you!
Old 08-27-2006, 10:42 AM   #702  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom View Post
Barb--just an FYI--when they tried to make me buy more weeks I flat out said no--I told them they could take them off my maintenance weeks since I'd already paid out for 52, (that was a few wkkes aga and nothing has been mentioned again) but that I absolutely would not buy more weightloss weeks because I think they are crazy to guarantee 2 lbs/week, then are the first to admit the last 10-15 are very difficult and that hardly anyone loses even a pound a week at that point. Maybe I am the exception but I know no matter how POP I am I will never lose 2 in a week again.

Good to see you!
Were a like in that sence as I'm not afraid to tell them how I feel. I working my program for me and they are there to help and give me suggestions. I think you're doing great I'd love to be in the 160's. Hang in there you'll get it off. Well I got to get ready for church and then come back and prepare for my candle party this afternoon. Have a great day!

Edited to add my BP is down and a few more lbs off my Dr says I can go off of the BP meds. That's a praise in itself.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:49 AM   #703  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies! Yesterday was pretty rough. I must be having severe PMS because I've been crying for a couple of days and yesterday I got to craving chocolate soooo bad and it totally ticked me off because I can't have it. I'm having the chocolate Shakes for breakfast but that's not what I wanted. In fact, I don't know what I wanted..... I thought of everything chocolate on plan or off and nothing was what I wanted. So I snapped at DF really bad on the phone, and came home and ate the LA popcorn and some cheese (one after the other, not together). Plus I was really hungry yesterday and that has not happened since I started this thing!

Anywho, I'm still POP but my home scale was up 1 pound from yesterday. I don't think it is very accurate though, especially after the getting a 2 pounds lighter reading by going on left foot first. It has not done that since that one day. Now either foot first It's the same. I guess it figured me out!

Regarding the constipation issue - My COD told me the EFA's would help. I've been taking 2 at bedtime every night and I do OK, but there are still some days that give me trouble. I mean I still don't go everyday. I think eating broccoli and blueberries helps. (Again, not mixed together, LOL)

Well, I guess that's all I have for now!

HUGS,
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:54 AM   #704  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

LJackson - Hope things start "moving" for you soon - you got a couple good tips from the other chickies. I know what you mean about the LA Drink Mix. I haven't gotten brave enough to try another one after my first one a couple months ago! Deb - I may try your frozen fruit and milk idea for the sorbet.

Lee Ann - sounds like you're in a Catch 22 with your exercise. I know how dedicated you are/were to the Power90 program. But, I also understand your determination to see the numbers change on the scale. Good luck.

Sommer - Good luck with your homework and staying awake...You can do it! I'd be asleep after reading one page of Shakespeare!

I'm guessing the pudding isn't a hot seller. They actually GAVE me a box at my COD. I haven't tried it either.

Hi Pearl, Katie, Evette, Cassi, Sherry, Carmen and everyone else!

I had a big reunion party last night and suffice it to say I went over on my fruits (too much wine)! I'm back and will be POP today; already drinking my lemon water. If this had been the old me, I would have already headed over to McD's for something sinful...instead, I'm going to have some eggs and fruit and be good to my body! Y'all do the same, okay?
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:00 AM   #705  

Hey Barb! Good to see you! What a great NSV about your BP and the BP meds! WTG!!

Jenni - sorry about your PMS. TOM throws us all off, and most of us do have a gain, but it's water weight, and the loss should show after. Hang in there!

Joni - you could have done worse, and gone over in starches or something else. At least it was just fruit (even if it was liquid form!) LOL

Hope everyone is having a great POP day today! I actually started writing in my food diary again. I'm really trying to make it work this week! Baby steps.