Old 08-23-2006, 11:07 PM   #616  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Lea ann- That is great that you are getting up at 5 am to work out- I know I could not be that disciplined. I can not wait to start working out again, even though my weight has stayed about the same, my clothes are getting tighter on me so I know it makes a difference to be working out. Keep up the hard work! It will pay off
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:09 AM   #617  
Mom of 3 little boys

Height: 5'6"

I think it's great that you guys are exercising at all. I try to work some treadmill time in at least three times a week, but it's so difficult to do. On the rare occasion during the day that I have a few minutes to myself I'm torn between studying, exercising, and just sitting and watching the boob tube.

What's so frustrating is that after I quit my job to stay home with the kids, my former employer started giving everyone three hours a week (paid) to go to the gym (free and right up the street). I REALLY could have used that time when I was working there. It annoys me that most of the people don't even take advantage of the benefit now.

Does anyone here do T-Tapp? It's sort of pilates-ish, I guess, though I've never done pilates. I really like the T-Tapp but, again, trying to find the time and motivation to do it at all is difficult.

At least I was POP today.
ChristineS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:28 AM   #618  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Wow, looks like we got us a bunch of losers here today!!!!
I was down 1.8 at WI today too.
Barb- Woohoo on the loss. SOOOO close!!!

JM- Oh my gosh girl!! I'm glad that you are OK!!!

Christine-Don't you hate when you do something like that and you feel really stupid in front of all those people? At least everything ended up OK.

Joni- Yay on your loss!! Yea, my hooches have the life! They even have their own swimming pool in the back yard. They don't know they are dogs, they think they are humans with fur and 4 legs. We were never able to have kids, so we spoil them like our kids. I just have a super soft spot for animals in general.

Carol- great job on the good choices at the restaurant.

Jenni-On my teachers board, it says "Hi my name is Deb and I am a beadaholic!" When we go traveling, I have to locate every bead shop on the way and we have to stop. I work in the same craft store that I teach classes in, so my paycheck isn't really what it should be, because I really am a craftaholic too.

Kayla- I don't think I said Welcome to you, so . Yay on the 2 lb. loss. My DH is a nascar junkie too. My BIL grew up in Newnan.

Martha- Just like Lea Ann said, exercising will slow down weight loss for a while and LAWL is all about the 2 lbs. a week. That is why they don't want you to exercise that much. You do what makes you feel better and just let them deal with it. How is the scale set up at your COD. If it is where you can see it, you could just weigh in backwards or if you can't see it, just tell them you don't want to know what it says and maybe just look at it once a week. That being said, I never go in 3 times a week, heck last week I didn't go in at all.

Lisa- $1080?!? Ouch!! Save that for a year and you can afford to go to a Dr. and get liposuction. You can do it on your own anyway. You go girl!!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:31 AM   #619  
Deb on LAWL

Welcome Butterfli- Try mixing foods to fill your groups. Make a smoothie for breakfast with your fruits and yogurt. For lunch have a big salad with different veggies or make veggie soup with some chicken. 6 baby carrots are 1 veg and easy to get in. 5 green onions are one veg, not much there. 1 small tomato. 1/2 c. V-8 juice=1veg. Drink a slimfast or slimdown shake to take care of 1 starch and 1 protein, mix in some fruit and yogurt or milk and you have taken care of several food portions.
for a quick starch- rice cake, 3 reduced fat ritz crackers, 1 graham cracker, 1/3 cup pasta, 1/2 6" tortilla, 1/2 c. cooked oatmeal or 1/2 c. cream of wheat.

As you get more into the program, you will find ways to mix things to make the most of the food.

Old 08-24-2006, 01:49 AM   #620  
Martha's losing on LAWL!

S/C/G: 204/146/135

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Deb, You are right about doing what is best--and I think exercising is best for me health wise. Yep I need to still lose about 50 lbs, but I didn't put all this weight on in a few weeks so it is gonna take some agonizing time to get it off right.

I have insomnia tonight and I have to work tomorrow. Wish I had brought some work home to do while I'm awake. I doubt I'll be too awake tomorrow while I'm at work
mbfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:38 AM   #621  

S/C/G: 243/238/160

Height: 5'10

Good morning all! Is exercise really bad for LAWL? I figured it would speed things up and not slow them down, bummer! I was up all night with severe leg cramps, I guess Morton Lite Salt isn't going to do the trick and am going to have to take a potassium supplement. I have IBS and cannot take any of the LA-Lites or basically any of their food or supplements, do they really help take off the pounds, am I losing out here? Hope you all have a good day! I only weigh in once a week since I live so far from the center and Tuesday the day, wish me luck! I was up 1.3 pounds this Tuesday but I had the woman thing!
butterfli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:55 AM   #622  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Christine--I think you hit on the key to the exercising thing. I have tried tons of videos, machines, whatever and never found one i could/would stick with. For me, it's the Beachbody Power 90--couldn't say the reason why--I just really like it and feel like everything gets worked between the alternating cardio/strength days. Bummer your company didn't start the program til you were gone--that would have been perfect. It's still a struggle every day to get up and do it--I'd rather sleep but I committed (to me!) for the 90 days and I'll be halfway next week--woohoo.

Lisa--if it's not early it won't happen!! Glad you are getting back in--I really really really need to just focus on my clothes and not the stupid scale.

Deb--congrats on the losses! That's great!

My home scale was a little nicer to me today. I got to looking at my exercise/weight calendar (it's in my closet!) and realized when I got so high was the week my folks were here--big surprise! But now they are gone and it's time to start moving down again.

Hope you all have a great one.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:07 AM   #623  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good morning, chickies!

WI was awesome yesterday. I guess they scale at COD is female after all. I am down 1.8 lbs. Actually, it kept moving between 1.6 and 1.8, but the counselor took the 1.8. I am a happy girl!

JM - Sorry to hear about your (clumsiness??LOL) run of bad luck. Glad to hear the wrist is doing better.

Christine - Sorry your prof is so annoying. Maybe since it was just one Rum and Coke (was it a Diet Coke?) and the Snickers, the calories balanced out and that's why you're not up. Not good in the long term, but sometimes it's what you need!

Lea Ann - WTG on the consistency with the Power 90. I'm so proud of you. Love the "how do you stay so small" comment. That would have made my week.

Katie - Where oh where are you? We all want to know how your job is going!

Sorry I can't finish the personals, but I have to get some work done. I will check in later.

Deb, Sherry, Carmen, Heather, LJ, Martha, Evette, Katie, Lori, Sommer, Joni, Joan, Kristi, Pearl and everyone else I am missing- Good Morning!

Hope everyone has a POP day!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:51 AM   #624  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone

I just wanted to say congratulations to all of you that have lost!! I'm so very proud of all of you.

I have a confession to make.....I've been lurking in the background because I gained 2 pounds and I don't know why!?! I've been POP and have not changed anything. I'm back at 153 pounds and am more determined than ever to reach my new decade. Ever since I saw 151 on the scale....I've been obsessing about it. OMG!! I just had to let that out! Ahhhh.. I feel better just letting you guys know.

So......Cassi, Sherry, Pearl, Sommer, Deb, Carmen, HeatherPP, HeatherCP, Joni, LeaAnn, Martha, Katie, Lori, Joan, Kristi, and all the rest of you chickies..... Take Care and have a great day!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:03 AM   #625  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Evette - Maybe TOM? Hang in there, girl! Don't lurk. Your body will catch up!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:06 AM   #626  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizlawchik View Post
Evette - Maybe TOM? Hang in there, girl! Don't lurk. Your body will catch up!
Nah, not TOM. That's in 2 more weeks. I was thinking about that. I don't know! ergh! I'm trying to hang in there. Thanks Cassi!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:40 AM   #627  
Deb on LAWL

Morning chickies-

Butterfli- It's not that they don't want you to exercise, it's just that a rigorous plan will stall you for a bit, because you are building lean muscle and losing fat, so your weight may go up, but your total body inches will go down. They look at 2 lbs. a week, which as a total average is obtainable, but as you lose more weight, the 2 lbs. a week is pretty hard to acheive. As far as the bars, no you are not losing out on some wonderful secret, there are several ladies on here that don't do them and are losing wonderfully. Good luck at WI today.

Lea Ann- Big giant kudos to you on getting up that early to exercise. I am not a big morning person and don't even want to be bothered at 5 in the morning. Glad your scale was nicer to you today.
Cassi- Woohoo on the 1.8 lbs.

Evette- Don't worry about the 2 lbs. You are doing so awesome. Maybe you are just retaining some water. You'll be losing again in no time.

My puter is having issues. I can't get any CD's to load up and I can't burn any CD's. Gotta call someone and see if they can look at this thing. Yay fun.
Here's to a POP day for all of us!
Old 08-24-2006, 11:42 AM   #628  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Good morning chickies!

Jenni-the "girls" are fine! I'm far from shrinking away to nothing, that's for sure-I was getting tired and not picking up my feet enough. But I know what you mean about not realizing how your body fits into the world . . . . .when I look at clothing, especially shirts, I'm always sure they are too small. But when I try them on they are usually fine or even too big. I keep ordering 2XL shirts (like for the marathon) without thinking. It will take awhile to get used too. The other day I was maneuvering through a crowded restaurant and I tried to squeeze in between chairs and I was sure I wouldn't fit-but I did. I didn't even push against the chairs even. Oh-and at the amusement park-I fit into all the rides I went on without a problem. That was nice.

Uh oh-boss is back from his trip to Australia. I can hear him talking to someone in the hallway. Gotta go. I'll be back later.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:00 PM   #629  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

LeeAnn - "sprouting feathers" - at least feathers are light!! Interesting stats from the Self test and calories. I'll be curious what folks say because I honestly feel like I'm in the same boat as you.

LJackson - Think you need to get exercise in for other reasons than weight related ones. It helps your bones, mental state, etc., but you know all that I'm sure. Have you read the exercise stuff in the Body for Life book? I highly recommend it. If not the book, I'm sure you can figure it all out from online threads. It's basic stuff, upper body one day; lower body the other, but it trains you to #1 - keep a training log and #2 - push yourself a bit with the amount of weight you use. Also, some good sites that show how to do some of the exercises that the PTs would use are:
http://www.exrx.net/Exercise.html
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/
Everytime I think of signing up at my gym with the PTs, I think - "you can do this yourself." I don't need the PT to force me to get to the gym (I do that fine by myself). I think the only thing they would do is speed up my workout and ensure that my form is correct. If you are bold, just ask someone who looks really good at the gym to watch your form and tell you if it looks okay. I bet they'd be happy to help you out!

Butterfli - you don't need the LA Lites to lose; you can do this without them and I don't think it speeds up anything (matter of fact, it may be slowing me down as there is quite a bit of cals and sugar in them). As for your leg cramps, doesn't a banana have a lot of potasium. (1 whole banana = 2 Fruits)

It's disheartining to see that any COD is discouraging exercise. I soooooooo disagree with that. Yeah, I want to lose weight as badly as the next person, but I want to do it the right way - diet AND exercise.

Evette - Confession is good for the soul - but the fact that you've been POP and had the gain is tough to take - I know all too well how it feels. Whoever figures out this big secret will be my hero!

Cassi, Katie, Pearl, Jenni, Heathers CP and PP, Deb, and everyone else - hope your day is going well.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:05 PM   #630  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Hi Guys, went back to WI in this morning and I am down a pound since monday! They seem to have some new people there and the woman I got today was very knowledgeable. She suggested I try breaking up my bars and eating them spread out to keep my metabolism running throughout the day. Also she said to try using 2 bars one day and using one bar and one drink the next. I had a box of the drink mix I never opened so I am going to try it. The drink is lower in calories but still has the same ammount of protein. Thought I would share it with you guys who are stalling out- mabye it will work, I am optimistic.

I also talked with her about exercising and she said how when you are on gold there is a fine line between how much food you need when you are working out because it is so low on calories. We decided that I would work real hard on getting to my goal the next few weeks because I am just so fixated on that number, then add in exercise once I reach my goal. I think that is a good plan, because I just want to get to my goal to prove to myself that I can do it, once there if I stall or gain a few pounds from exercising I will be ok with it because I know it will be muscle. You know what I mean?

Good luck to everyone today, hang in there and be strong!
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote