Old 08-02-2006, 06:22 PM   #46  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Sommer - enjoyed your blogspot....I wish I had half your writing talent; I wish I could find a full time job reading blogs!!

Evette - Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take care of yourself so you'll be there for others! I now know why I don't have a debit card; at least my Discover card people call me when there is unusual card activity. Hope things got cleared up; that's the last thing he needs to be worrying about.

Heather - the offical LAWL program book says to limit yourself to 1 meal replacement per day. Personally I agree since I think the long term goal here is to learn to eat real food in balanced proportions. BUT, if circumstances are such that your life would be easier or less stressed and/or you'll stay on program doing 2 meal replacements, then go for it.

Startingover - I love the LA Lites - I've eaten 2 a day for over 6 weeks and haven't tired of them yet. On occasion I slightly melt one on top of a lo-fat graham cracker for about 12 seconds...I've melted one and put strawberries and FF whipped topping on it; and although I haven't tried it, the COD suggested I melt one on top of a rice cake...I do, however, have a major sweet tooth and this is my sweet fix. Perhaps you don't have that problem.

LeeAnn - Have NO regrets about signing up for this program. I was one of the lucky ones and think I got a good deal, but even if I had not, the fact that I've adopted these fabulous habits was well worth the money paid...I AM worth every penny I put into this program. If I hadn't spent the money at LAWL, I would have had to spend it buying clothes in larger sizes.

Katie - well, good luck in the next Biggest Loser challenge; we know you can do it. I hope things work out for the business; I can only imagine how frustrating everything can be for you and your DH; no one likes to fail at anything...but it's part of life.

In closing, here's some good advice from Henry Ford:
Quote:
Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:48 PM   #47  

Height: 5'6"

Lori, YIPPEEEEE!! Do you have the fire pit picked out yet? :-D
CafeAmericain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:51 PM   #48  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Joni--you are right--I am worth it. DH gets so aggravated at me because I second guess EVERYTHING!! I liked it better when I didn't know I had so many options. But when I think what I spent on LAWL (and we did get a good deal so I shouldn't whine) compared to buying bigger clothes and compared to all the fad diets I bought into--it's really just a drop in the bucket! Plus--to feel the way and I do and love the way I look (most of the time!) every penny was well worth it. Thanks for reminding me--I needed it.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:09 PM   #49  

Hi Ladies,

I too think that LAWL is so worth the money. Like some of you said, I would have had to spend much of that money on new clothes to start the school year with. Also, I don't think I spend as much money at the grocery because since I'm not snacking as much, neither are my kids. We're all healthier in the process.

Joni - I enjoy your quotes you share.

Patty
JSMS135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:20 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 197.2/157.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Had my Personal Success visit today, so I guess I am official. I told her that I didn't plan on using the LA Lites because with me not working the $$ just isn't there to spend on them and I refuse to put them on the MC. When I explained that I had found other nutrition bars (LUNAs) that were the same as far as protein, starch, fat, sugar, etc...she still said that I couldn't use them and that they needed to move me from the purple plan to the red. She tried a couple of other ways to discourage me. So now what? I still plan on following the purple plan and subbing the LUNAs for the lite bars.....what do I tell the COD when they check my diary? I hate feeling guilty over this, and I don't want to be hassled every time I go in.

Congrats to all you "losers" and to those that need it. Sorry not to congratulate, etc... seperately but the baby just woke up so I have to run.
Go Mommy Go! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:49 PM   #51  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

D'Ann, I had the same problem about 2 months ago. I was telling the COD that I was buying off ebay, really eating Lunas, and the manager finally told me that they couldn't let me do that, since I wasn't buying from them, they had no guarantee that I was doing them, therefore couldn't guarantee the program. They too bumped me from purple to red. I asked what I should do with all the lites (lunas) I still had. She said "
Quote:
Fudge your diary on the days you eat them. I don't want to see them in there. 2 lites = 1 starch and 1/2P
Basically she gave me license to lie - a bad deal for me. So, on the days that I eat them I don't eat one S and 1/2 P and just write down like 3/4C Kashie + 1C soy milk. That way I know what I ate that day, but their diary looks good to them. I was really mad at first, but now I've weaned myself off them, and only eat them when I'm on the fly and forget to plan ahead.
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #52  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

I had my Personal Success visit today too. I went to bed last night with the most awful headache, and it was worse when I woke up and I was so nauseous! I for one HATE those nasty LA lite bars. I think it's the whey protein... I've never been able to stomach it. So, I went today and told them how sick I felt, and that I basically had to force down the bars and even them could usually only do 1 - 3 bites, and they were like, "Well we have shakes and soups too". So I said well, since I have "$0" in my checkbook, I think I'll try them once I get past the coke withdrawels. (cola not powder - lol)

Good new was, I also got my TOM this morning, but when I did WI I was still down 2 pounds! That's a total of 3 since last Friday, and I think with TOM that it's friggin' awesome!

I di by some of the BBQ LA twists, and those I DO like. Oh, and since they realized there was no way in heck I'd be eating the lites, they bumped me from Regular red to red 1.

I'm really proud of all of us for sticking through this crud, and My hat's off to all who have overcome the sugar/caffeine demon. He's kicking my head in....

Hugs,
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:54 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 325.4/259.2/229

Height: 5'11"

Good Evening All

Congrats to everyone that is OP and losing, WAY TO GO!
Today seemed to go better and show that I have lost 2 of the 4 I gained, anyway, I agree that I like the plan and it works for me. Since January, 60 lbs gone, so yeah I like it. Still another 30+ to go before I hit their goal but I really want another 50 gone.

Katie-how many kids do you watch each day and boy if it's more than 2 (my boys are more than enough) I give you so much yeehaw's. I also know how difficult it is to have a self employed DH. until 2 years ago it was always soooomuch fun to have to deal with all that stuff.

Hope you all have a great night. Paula
paulakaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:03 PM   #54  

Go Mommy Go- I wanted to let you know that I found Omega Complex at GNC, here in upstate NY they were only 14.99 and you take 3 a day. I was having trouble with my hair falling out and a friend recommended that I take this. Anyway, I brought it to center and they looked at the ingredients and said they were similar to the EFA's. Just another thought.
Good Luck
Old 08-02-2006, 09:05 PM   #55  

Me again,
I forgot to ask, does anyone have a substitution for hot dogs? I tried soy dogs and yuck! I really miss my hot dogs!
Old 08-02-2006, 09:28 PM   #56  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Paula- Hebrew National Light hot dogs are dang good. I usually have between 10-15 children a day including my own. I had 12 today. They were really good today, luckily for me!

Congrats to you new girls. Sounds like you both hung tough at your CODs!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:38 AM   #57  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Katie - Guess you deserve a medal not only for weight loss but for patience..."10-15 kids" would not survive too long under my watch....lol.
At first I thought your thread said you ate 10-15 Hebrew Lite Hots dogs at a time...I need to learn to read slower. What do you count that lite hot dog as??

I sent the following recipe to Aphil to put on the Dessert thread. This was in the Hungry Girl email this morning. I would count one serving as 1 S, 1F. This will probably be even better when it's not 100 degrees outside.

Apple Pie Pockets
(1 pita-half pie - 139 calories, < 0.5g fat, 207mg sodium, 35g carbs, 5.8g fiber, 16.5g sugars, 3.5g protein)

4 apples; sliced and peeled
One half tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. brown sugar substitute (or any calorie-free sweetener) (Splenda makes one)
One half tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. cornstarch
2 Western Bagel Alternative Pitas (*or any reduced-calorie pitas); halved

In a small covered saucepan, cook sliced and peeled apples in 1/4 cup of water until tender (2-3 minutes). Remove from heat and drain water. Into 1/4 cup of COLD water, mix vanilla, no-cal sweetener, cinnamon and cornstarch. Cook and stir until thickened to a caramel-sauce-like consistency (adding a few drops more water if it gets too thick). Remove from heat and stir apples into mixture. Stuff 4 warm pita halves (30 seconds in the microwave should do it) with mixture. Serves 4.

*Nutritionals may vary if you use a different type of pita.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:54 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good morning ladies!

Lea Ann - My post got lost yesterday. Congrats for getting to the 150s!!!!

Katie - Congrats on the inches! You can win the pot for August - stay strong!

Sommer - Glad you're back. We've missed you.

Evette - So sorry to hear about your brother. He's lucky he has such a supportive family.

Jenni and D'ann - Be firm with your centers. If you are not going to do the lites (especially for health reasons) they need to bump you up to the next plan so you get enough food. If they keep giving you a problem, have your doctor write them a note saying you can't have the chemicals or something.

As for me, at WI yesterday I was up 1.6. But COD counselor and I agreed that it was just me getting re-hydrated since last week. We're thinking this is the end of the 2-4 pound fluctuations every two days. So.... whatever I WI at Friday should be down. I'm just sticking to the plan and will let the scale fall where it may!

Hope everyone has a POP day!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:03 AM   #59  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Cassi--great attitude about letting the scale fall where is may--I have to remind myself that all I can contro is what I eat and what my activity level is--the rest will eventually fall into place. I WI this morning and am sure hoping to stay in the 150's--you guys will be the first to know.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:18 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Lea Ann - I had pretty much prepared myself for it, and I knew I was POP. Now, if I hadn't had all the fluctuations in the last two weeks, and knew there was a medical reason, I don't know if I would have been so OK! But sometimes we just need to let go of the number, and focus on being POP and let our bodies work itself out.

Good luck today! Sending lots of your way!!!!!!!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote