Is this a good breakfast choice?

• I take about a 1/3 cup of oats, I nuke it in a tiny bit of skim milk. (Its barely cooked and barely wet) Then I drizzle a little honey, and 0 cal spray butter. Then I stir in 1tsp of peanut butter. what do you think. The cals don't seem all that high, but it taste like dessert, so am I fooling my self thinking this is healthy?
  • I think its quite good, oats are a great carb, peanut butter is a healthy fat, the only thing your lacking is some protein and your meal would be complete.
  • Peanut butter does have protein, though, right?

That sounds good! I had never thought of PB in oatmeal!
  • it tastes like a no bake peanut butter cookie, And a little dab a do ya. I had 1 egg with it this morning for a boost on the protein. (not mixed together like DH :gag (andhw puts chocolate protein in his)
  • Chocolate protein and peanutbutter ... mmmm yummy!
    What if you whizzed the cooked oatmeal with an egg white and nuked that? More protein, no fat.
  • Honey is making it seem like a dessert! I never would have added that, but I hear it is much better for you than sugar and most of us add a spoonful of sugar without thought!
  • Quote: Peanut butter does have protein, though, right?

That sounds good! I had never thought of PB in oatmeal!

yep.
  • another great protien breakfast...1/3 cup old fashioned oatmeal (dry), 1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese and 1/3 cup egg substitute. Blend this up and it will be a thick pancake batter. I make one big pancake with it. Cook in non-stick like a pancake. I sometimes use butter spray and sugar free maply syrup or a little bit of sugar free jelly or PB and jelly. You can alter the measurements down to 1/4 cup or up to 1/2 cup depends on how many calories you are trying to achieve. Enjoy.
  • Buttercupkitty, that sounds great dh will love it (he loves pancakes)

SusanB EWWWW, Now your talking like DH. I scramble and egg and eat it by its self.

deafinlysmart. Thats why I started using the honey. White sugar is addictive.
  • Oh no honey, it bakes up like a custardy dessert and really is quite good!
  • HMMM Now that does sound good, Its worth a try, and I haven't had my breakfast yet, so I'll let ya know!
  • I said that cause Im the type that gets green eating eggs really quick. (Yet I can eat browney batter, or cookie dough any time... go figure)
  • BTW do any of you lady's know how I can turn my HTML code on (its off, it says at the bottom left corner of my screen)