3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weight Loss #34

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2001, 10:38 PM   #61

Hi Guys!!!

Jibbelle: It's 10:30 here, so I certainly hope you aren't still at work!!!

Marcie, I'm so sorry about the job. Just remember as Shakespeare once said Every Exit is Another Entrance..... So there is the oppourtunity out there for you. I'm sorry to hear about the gain, I know how disappointing that can be, but you will get back on track. Don't beat yourself up over it. Remember we are here for you!!!!

I went to the center today, and I maintained over the weekend. Still just five pounds away from the "under 200" mark. But maintaining is better then gaining. I'm giving myself two weeks to reach that goal, because I'm coming up on TOM, and I know that will effect my loss somewhat. We'll see!!!!!

Good Luck everyone!!!!

Starting Weight 232.5
Current Weight 204.5
Goal: HOTTIE
Old 09-10-2001, 11:18 PM   #62

10:20 pm....almost ready to go home...getting delerious....must sleep....
Old 09-11-2001, 08:46 AM   #63

Did I see a new name?

Hello, Rhonwyn! another Alabama girl? N, S, E, or W?

You can do it! If NIKE can, anybody can.

Sue, GREAT JOB MAINTAINING! After, we dump TOM... we should be light as a feather.

And Jibbelle, work, work, work,... u are going to work your bottom off I hope that you want have to have another late, late night on the job. You'd look pretty silly with no bottom.

Marcie, have you ever heard of Kashi? They have cereal (no sugar), diet bars, & shakes. I like their cereals, good for the whole family... but, a little pricey. They have shakes too, although I could not find the shakes in the local stores. I ordered some... they like LA are soy-based... anyhow, I thought that it might be something you may wish to consider while on hold with LA... & besides, you've got us for support... although, I'm not good for much. I like their products, but, I needed someone standing over me with a club... they may need to get a bigger club if TOM doesn't get his act together & leave me alone.

Let me see if I can post their site

Take a look at Kashi

Marcie, I have 2 boxes of the choc shakes... if you think that you want them, just e-mail me your snail address & I will mail them to you... no charge.

Have a great day ladies... stay OP! I'm going to try harder today.

Nancy
Old 09-11-2001, 09:27 AM   #64

I sure would like to lose some of this bottom!!! Maybe I should work more! I am only working for a few hours this afternoon, since I worked 15 hours yesterday. Tomorrow may be another long day though. I may have to run an experiment similar to the one I ran yesterday. I will not know for sure until later this afternoon. *keeping fingers crossed*

I am going to the center for weigh in this morning. It is pretty chilly outside so I am wearing jeans, and TOM is visiting so I am sure the scales will not be down. I will not be discouraged though, because I have had a good week so far. I will post again after weigh in.

Everyone have a great morning!

Take care all,
Old 09-11-2001, 09:43 AM   #65

Thanks you guys soooo much for the support! I truly appreciate it! I know that things happen for a reason and this just wasn't meant to be! Nancy, thanks so much for the offer! I really appreciate it...I still have a couple boxes of lites, but I figured that I would not eat them until I went back on plan. Thanks again for the offer...I truly appreciate it! I am just trying to limit my portions and get by. I am scared to death b/c we have borrowed money from both sets of parents and now I am I not sure what to do. I may go to another temp agency and just try and do clerical until I can find something else.

I just want to say a little prayer for the folks in NY! The victims and their families! I am so sorry that something like this has happened.

Marcie
Old 09-11-2001, 01:45 PM   #66

Hi Marcie:
I was watching the news this morning when the world trade buildings were it. I work at home watching kids and one of the women I work for she comes in and goes what happened and at that time I was not sure, but any way her husband worked in one of the world trade buildings, I said is he at work yet she said no he is in court today, She has something to be thankful for today, he just had a hard time getting out of the City, but he made it home.
After watching all those things going on I felt edgy and felt like a could eat the day away, but so far I am hanging in there.
My sister is still waiting to here from some of her relatives that worked in the world trade center. She lives in Queens but still took her kids out of school.
I live about 45 minutes from Manahattan I thought we were far enough away from everything, but there are police all over and my son's college was closed.
I think my edgyness is showing I am not sure I made much sense. My prays also go out to those in Ny.
Diane
Old 09-11-2001, 02:53 PM   #67

Oh Diane, My prayers are with your sisters family members! Please keep me updated on how they are doing! It is so easy to eat when tramatic things happen....great job on doing so well. I am glad you are okay!

Marcie
Old 09-11-2001, 03:56 PM   #68

Marcie:
my Sister found everyone, but they saw everything when it was happening. But there was relief in her voice when I talked to her and everyone is fine.
Thanks
Diane

P.S. For a long time I let let food take over when things were not going so well for me in my life. Things still are not perfect, but I don't let food have so much control any more. It is still hard sometimes, but I try to remember where i am know and where i was then. Losing weight may not give me my answers but it sure does feel better.

4/01 201
09/10 161.75
goal 135
Old 09-11-2001, 05:12 PM   #69

Ok gals...my scanner is officially dead...or at least not working. I have been trying to scan in the frozen meal guide for an hour and the resolution is so distorted that you cant read it at all!!!! I bet if you ask at your centers they should have them. Sorry everyone! But...you can have lean pockets for one starch and on protein....only once a week though.

I went to weigh in and I was the same. I am blaming TOM. I am content with maintenance though.

When I was at the center they they had some menus out with recipes for Yom Kippur and Rosh Hashanah. Although I am not Jewish I grabbed a copy of each. There are some interesting recipes. Does your center have these?? If not, I will try and post a few of the recipes that look good...especially the desserts!!!
Old 09-12-2001, 01:02 AM   #70

Dear All,

I cannot believe what has taken place today. My heart & prayers go out to so many! I hope that all of you, your loved ones, your friends, & neighbors are safe.

It sounds like you all did a great job of staying OP! I have been on my feet all day... I had to prepare several appetizers for my daughter to take to work and for me to take to a committee meeting. Anyhow, I did not stay OP today... when, I finally got all the food prepared, I had to have a sample of one of the dishes that I fixed. It is one of my favorite foods (cold veggie pizza) & I skipped afternoon snack & dinner.... I did make it with all low fat ingredients... but, I wasn't a good girl... I didn't pig out... but, I did have a serving of a non OP food.. My other daughter called & when I told her what I was fixing... she loves it more than I... yes, I have you one... your sis will bring it tomorrow.

Anyhow, I probably really messed up... but, I did drink lots & lots of water... I've got to get back on track...

May God Bless the World,
Nancy
Old 09-13-2001, 07:39 AM   #71

It was a quiet day here yesterday...very few posts. I really dont have any exciting news to share. I am going to weigh in Friday morning since I took off Friday and Monday for a long weekend. My little brother (age 23) is getting married! It will be a challenging weekend to stay on the plan. No cake or punch for me.

Hope everyone is in high spirits.

Take care,
Marcie
Old 09-13-2001, 10:06 AM   #72

Hello Everyone! Things are okay here, hectic but okay. Between working full time now, and getting adjusted to that, and everything else that has been going on, it's been hectic.

I went and weighed in yesterday, I'm down 1-4 pound, but TOM reared it's ugly head this morning, so we'll see how that effects it.

Things have just been kind of crazy here. Schools were closed on Tuesday, and Dover Air Force Base has been on lock down. We heard today that DAFB will be processing all the bodies from the Pentagon. I've been basically glued to the TV whenever I haven't been working. I am still in shock over the entire situation. We have always flown a flag outside our house. When we moved here, the day the deck was built a flag pole went up. It's been great to see everyone else flying them as well!!! God Bless America!!
Old 09-13-2001, 07:44 PM   #73

Sue,

Congratulations on your WL! That's great news! Keep up the good work.

Ditto on GOD BLESS AMERICA!

TOM is giving me a rough time, too... going to weigh in tomorrow... although, I don't look for it to show a loss... I just hope no gain.

Jibbelle,

I hope that you have a great weigh in tomorrow... I hope that you have a great weekend... enjoy the wedding & family.

Take care,
Nancy
Old 09-14-2001, 10:25 AM   #74

Jibbelle,

So sooooooorrrrrrrry that I missed your IM... I had stepped out of the room... trying to gather everything up... so much to do... now, to go pack lunch... & have my LA Shake... feel like I have an infant again... only it's my bag that I'm packing... & with TOM... well, that just means more stuff... hubby asked if I was going to weigh today... said yeah, but don't fret if I've gained 12 lbs... this king-size "you-know" has to weigh an extra ton... he told me that regardless of the scales, he could see results... I appreciated that, especially with my unwelcomed guest, TOM. Hubby not always full of compliments when TOM's visiting. I can't leave the house without my 4 to 6 bottles of water, my NU-Lite bar, my fruit, my foldover turkey sandwich (some days a salad... when, I have time to sit down & eat)... cell phone... I'm so scattered... it takes me forever & about 3 or 4 trips to the car... brings back lots of memories...

Anyhow, I'm sorry that I missed you... I hope that you had great news at your weigh-in!

Enjoy the wedding! Families, friends, & neigbors need to stick together. I still can not believe what has happened. I know that if has affected so many immediately & folks just everywhere... one can only pray & hope that this tragedy just makes us a STRONGER nation. God Bless America! We got to slow our lives up to take time to enjoy them & share the happiness & even the sadness. Have Pride... hope that everyone wears red, white, & blue!

Nancy
Old 09-14-2001, 12:10 PM   #75

Nancy-

Your life sounds more hectic than mine!!!! No worries about missing the IM.

To all-

I just had my weigh in and I am down to 273!!! WOOHOOO That is down another 1.25 lbs. I am sooooo happy.

I also just got my first box of shakes. I got the chocolate. I mixed it with milk and some small shards of ice out of the bottom of the tray...then I shook the crap out of it. It is SOOOOO YUMMMMMY. I was a great way to celebrate my loss this morning. Those things cant be good for you!

God Bless all--
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.