Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2001, 01:23 PM   #46  

Hey Jibbelle, I would love a copy as well if you don't mind! My email is [email protected]. Thanks!! Good luck tomorrow!

Well went and interviewed again! They said that they would call me on Monday at 10 am to dicuss the final stuff! UUGGHHH! Could this take any longer?????????????????

Anyway...hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 09-07-2001, 08:46 PM   #47  

Marcie, hang in there just a little longer! Things will work out just fine. Remember that we still have our fingers crossed for you & your guardain is still at your side.

Jibbelle, if you will, PLEASE go ahead & send me one too... threemarshalls

I hope that all of you ladies have a GREAT weekend!

I did a few late last night & again today. I'm blaming it on the pms I'm gonna have to take his pitchfork away. I hope that I won't be tomorrow when I step on those scales.

Jibbelle, I hope that the scales at your center tell you that those pounds have gone bye-bye.

I hope that all us ladies can sit around and talk about what a great big bunch of loosers we are really soon!

Be

Nancy
Old 09-08-2001, 05:26 PM   #48  

Hi Everyone:
Thanks for making me feel so welcome.
I had a great week 3 pounds down. I have only 10 weeks left on my progam though I will probably have to buy some extra weeks if I want to reach my goal. They keep telling me to wait till I get closer and I am afraid if I wait till the end I might not want to add the extra weeks so I keep bringing it up each time I go.
I am looking foward to getting to know everyone.
Have a great weekend.

Diane

4/08/01 201
09/08/01 163
goal 135
Old 09-08-2001, 07:11 PM   #49  

Diane,

That's wonderful news! 3 pounds gone bye-bye and you were worried. Keep up the good work.

Did your mom go too? How's she doing? While, it's great that ya'll are in this program together... you are not really in it together... if that makes any sense.

Well my did get me in a little trouble... i was up a pound, or it may be just fluid retention... guess that Tues will tell. I'm trying to stay OP... weekends are tough.

I had bought what boxes of melba toast that the local grocery had last weekend... my husband loves that stuff... the first wk i had bought us each a box... he ate all his box & mine & spread each slice with butter... well, i gave him one of the new boxes & it was already gone... i hid them so i would have some OP food in the house... they have plenty of NON-OP food... anyhow, while in P'cola, he's calls me on the cell ph while i'm getting my hair cut... to tell me that he found the hidden stash... he ate 2 entire boxes today... he is so crazy... i mention diet... for me & they eat around the clock & they question every mouthful i take... they are driving me nuts... like, i said the weekends are tough... but, i still love em. just try to stay on the computer and away from them & the tv... think that we would get out would be nice... but, we keep having so much rain...

i hope that everyone enjoys their weekend.

take care,
nancy
Old 09-08-2001, 09:31 PM   #50  

Default fat vs reduced fat vs fat free

While at the center today... I saw a new counselor... I was not real thrilled about being up a pound.. anyhow, as she is studying my dairy... she says what is hurting you is that you are using lite salad dressing rather than fat-free... duh, haven't we been on this topic before...

the free foods list says fat free salad dressing... i understood that the majority of our counselors, including mine... said, go with the lite... it has less sodium... please tell me your interpretation of which is the way to go...

i told this person... that LA had some major confusion & conflicting recommendations going on... that i was not trying to give her a hard time, but that the info that i was receiving was two different things... now, who is right & who is wrong... she said that the only time the lite was allowed was the first 3 days while on the express drink...

if that don't discourage you, what does? sorry for feeling , but it is so flustering & aggravating to me... i don't know whose lips to believe.

anyhow tonight while surfing the net... i found an article on redbook.com
it is titled "The Weight Loss Trick the Experts Don't Tell You" which amounts to EAT MORE FAT ... you might want to read the article... it has some interesting viewpoints... naturally different than either of the counselors...

I guess the key here is limited fat...

I had to cook super & I did a little more

oh well, tomorrow is another day, & I'm going to try to do as I was doing... OP, it just going to take a little more planning... but it would help my feelings lots if you ladies would tell me what type dressing does the plan really call for..

thanks,
nancy
Old 09-09-2001, 10:29 AM   #51  

Nancy, Hang in there! The gain was more and likely b/c of TOM! I agree with you about the conflicting info! I was told only Lite Salad Dressing b/c it has less sugar. If you take the two bottles and compare there is less sugar in the Low Fat than the Fat Free! I am not sure what to tell ya...I would just keep doing what you are doing and write this one pound off to TOM. After its over you'll probably go back and lose 3 or so! Hang in there and stay positive!!! You are doing great!!!!

Marcie
Old 09-09-2001, 01:40 PM   #52  

Marcie,

THANK YOU! I think that for the time being I will stick to the lite dressing... I've been loosing so far with it. If I take away everything that I like, I'm sure that I will start being with lots more foods that are not OP.

The previous visit at the center, another counselor told me that the ladies, who were drinking the LA Lite Drinks twice a day seemed to be loosing more weight... if you look on the labels, you can see why perhaps... the calories are close to 1/2 of the bars... but, I told her that I looked to the bar as my after school snack... strange, I've been out of school for 30 yrs. Goes to show that I am a creature of habit. Anyhow, I got the orange drink & the strawberry-kiwi & a box of the honey nougat bar & the vanilla shake (you can put your fruit in this, although I haven't tried one yet)... So, I'm trying to have a bar every couple of days... the drinks are not bad... but, I just don't feel that I have eaten anything. But, I going to try to stick to it a little longer... the other excuse that i prefer the bars over the drinks is the convenience... especially when at work or just on the go.

Yesterday, while eating out, I had a salad... they did not have lite... so, I didn't pour the dressing over my salad but just dipped every few bites... when I finished, it almost looked like I hadn't used the dressing at all... I really think that it is the quanity consumed more than the type....

On the run... going to pick up my grandson & take him to P'cola

Take care!

Nancy
Old 09-09-2001, 03:56 PM   #53  

I dont know what I was thinking...but I accidently started a new thread instead of posting here this morning. Here is the message I left.

Well...we have the office, guest room, and master bedroom painted and mostly back to order. The scanner isnt up and running yet so maybe later today I will get everyone that frozen food list. I have not forgotten! It was the longest day yesterday....we started at 7am and didnt stop till after 10pm. I am so sore today I can barely move today!

I did make it to the center yesterday morning. I am down 1.75 lbs! WOOHOOO I was pretty excited. Next week may not be so good....darn that TOM.

Take care all
Old 09-09-2001, 08:20 PM   #54  

Jibbelle,

Congrats on your loss of pounds!
That is wonderful news! Keep up the good work.

T-storm, I'm going to have to get off.

Everyone have a GREAT OP Monday & a GREAT week!

Nancy
Old 09-10-2001, 02:05 PM   #55  

Nancy:
I also stick to the lite Dressing.
Did you like the drinks? I don't find them as satisfying, but I do like the shakes. The drinks are sitting on my table until I have no choice but to use them.
My Mom joined after me and she started out well but lately it seem like all she is doing is cheating I try to leave her alone, but she is also a diabetic and it is hard to see her eating things she should stay away from.
I had a good weigh in down another 1 1/4lbs.
We have had so many different councelors at our center, the other day the councelor did not know how to do the average weight loss per week. So if I have questions I try to ask questions to the more experienced, but that is kind of hard lately.
Have a great Day!
Diane
Starting 201
09/10/01 161.75
goal 135
Old 09-10-2001, 04:16 PM   #56  

Default Hi dianem1

I'm in your boat too. I've just gotten to the halfway point (27 pounds gone, 25 to go) and I find I can't cheat at ALL like I did before! At a party I had 3 little pieces of sushi and a bite or two of potato salad and I gained 3 pounds over a weekend! I think it was water retention because I got if off in 4 days by drinking more than a gallon of water. Japanese people eat way too much salt and carbs. But then - they drink green tea all day and I don't! (My husband is Japanese - I'm American - and I go to lots of dinner parties with Japanese)

I think our bodies have adjusted to the lower calories or are desperately trying to hang onto water. Any carbs you eat will make you hold water too. I haven't lost a lot of muscle, in fact I've gained some so I know it's not that (I'm even starting to see some large muscles emerge from under my fat!).

I think it's time to rev up our engines and do some tougher cardio. I have a hard time because of the low carbs and low calories (I'm on accelerated weight loss plan), but I'm going to try to add running intervals into my flat surface walks, and maybe run up the hills in my hilly walks. That had been my plan anyway for the halfway point, and it's time to JUST DO IT (great slogan, Nike...).
Old 09-10-2001, 05:21 PM   #57  

Thumbs up Bad News

Well, I heard this morning that the company hired someone else instead of me. I am devistated. Not sure what to do now. They went with someone with more experience. I also went to the gynocologist today and I have gained 10 pounds in the last month. I am back up to where I was weight wise when I started LA WL. I am pretty upset about that as well. Anyway..sorry to be such a bummer today, but just wanted to give you all an update. I am not sure what we are going to do.

Talk to ya all later!
Marcie
Old 09-10-2001, 06:56 PM   #58  

MarcieW-

I am sorry to hear about your job. We were all so sure it was yours!! They do not know what they are missing out on! I am sure something else will come up soon. In the meantime...we are all here for you!

It is 6pm and I have been at work since 7:30 am....with no end in sight...*sigh*

I went to the St. Louis Bread Company and picked up a salad and half a sandwich earlier today. I put it in the fridge for fear I would be here late. I am glad I did, because it will be my dinner time soon!

I think I am going to weigh in tomorrow morning. *keeping fingers crossed*
Old 09-10-2001, 08:03 PM   #59  

Diane,
I don't find the drinks as satisfying either... they don't taste bad, but... they are not edible... at least the shakes are filling. I have 2 boxes of drinks & I will finish them up... but, I'm not going to be thrilled to have them again... I would like to try the soup... but, they still don't have it at my center.

I have been cheating a little... I'm gonna blame TOM... I got to get back on track... I don't think that the drinks help any.. . just make me wanna eat everything in site & crave plenty of non OP foods.

I'm trying to stay calm with myself... I started out the day really well, then I messed up tonight... I'll try to stay OP tomorrow... no one to blame but me.

But, I'm tickled that you lost weight... keep up the good work!

Marcie, I could just for you. I can not believe that those folks ran you and lead you on. Life isn't always fair. But, they are the ones that missed out. Keep looking and something will turn out. Please keep us posted.

Try not to get to down over your gain... you've had a lot of stress. With a little determination and some more work, you can take it off again.

I hope that you will soon have lots to about! I'm thinking of you.

Jibbelle, sounds like you have had a long day. I hope that you show another reduction when you hit the scales.

My work load is such, that I don't think that I will be going until Friday... I have another appointment in P'col then... so, unless I complete my work... I won't be going until then.

Trying to get back on track... please tell the man to leave me be.

Thanks,
Nancy
Old 09-10-2001, 08:54 PM   #60  

8:00 pm and still at work....
Closed Thread