3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weight Loss #34

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2001, 03:37 PM   #31

Welcome Dianem! Congrats on your loss so far and good luck on your future loss. I have only been on this program for about a month, but I have found everyone here SO supportive!
Old 09-06-2001, 12:43 AM   #32

Hey everyone! Welcome dianem!

I'm having a little trouble posting tonight, problems in staying logged on... but, here I go again, let's see...

I just wanted to tell you all again how much your friendship means to me. I look forward to reading your posts daily.

I'm glad that you liked the recipe. Thank you Sassee for the nuggett recipe. I enjoy collecting recipes and I will try the nuggetts soon. I haven't tried the toast cup yet... I got in too late tonight. I would welcome any others that any of you wish to share. I like changing things up a bit... I love most all foods, but, I get bored with the same old things & I can't just sit down to a salad at every meal. Variety is nice and I thought that I would just try to come up with some different ways to prepare the allowed foods & just to dress some up a bit would make meals more enjoyable. With less than a month into LA, I don't want to burn out on rabbit food... even though I love a salad. Does that even make any sense?

I am and with happiness tonight. I had not weighed since last Wed & was a little worried about going today. I lost 3 3/4 pounds. Now, I'm worrying that they don't come back & that I will be able to loose more.

I hope that each of you have a GREAT OP week & just a plain old GREAT week all the way around! Be kind to yourselves!

More later... I'm a little tired... Marcie, I hope that things went well! We are all cheering for you!

Take care,
Nancy

08-14-01 ~ 249
09-08-01 ~ 226 3/4
Old 09-06-2001, 08:10 AM   #33

Welcome Dianem. You will see we all help each other here and are all in the same boat. Just trying to lose this excess weight. So welcome.

Nancy, great job losing those 3 3/4 lbs. Weigh to go! You will lose more, you are certainly doing something right.

Anyway, I have a rough weekend for dieting coming up, so hopefully I will not gain. I have dog shows all weekend and that means friends and eating. I will do my best to keep it even. LOL

Old 09-06-2001, 08:10 AM   #34

Nancy--

GREAT job!!! Congrats on the loss! We will all be to our goal weights before we know it!

I was lazy this morning and I did not pack my lunch. I will eat in the cafateria or go out I guess. I did bring a couple of plums since fruit seems to be the hardest thing to get when you go out.

Have a great day all.
Old 09-06-2001, 11:16 AM   #35

Hey everyone! Well everything went well yesterday and then they asked me to come back today and that an offer would be made today. So I am waiting to find out what time....I am just so ready to go back to work! I will let you know the outcome later on...thanks again for all of your support!

WAY TO GO NANCY!! I am so excited for you!! You deserve the loss! Keep up the good work!!!

Welcome Dianem! Congrats on your weight loss so far!!

WATER WATER WATER!!!!!!

talk to y'all later!

Marcie
Old 09-06-2001, 12:05 PM   #36

CONGRATS MARCIE!!!

We know you could do it !
Old 09-06-2001, 04:54 PM   #37

Thumbs down

Well the guy finally called this afternoon and said my final interview will be tomorrow at 10 am...WOOOHOOO I think I am almost employeed!! I cannot wait to get back on the plan! I'll be back soon ladies! My goal is to lose 10 pounds by Oct. 1!!! I know I can do it..does anyone else want to take that challenge??? My birthday is Oct. 3 so it would be an awesome bday present to myself!!

Anyway..has everyone gotten their water in??? I have almost!

Hope everyone is a having a great day!!
Old 09-06-2001, 05:00 PM   #38

I dont have all my water in yet today. I have class from 6:30-9:30 so I will get the rest in then. I think I am still short 3 glasses. Not too bad.

I am having a lean pocket for dinner tonight. You are allowed 1 a week and I always have one on Thursday night before class. I ususally sautee a few veggies to have on the side or have a salad. Quick dinner before I have to leave for class.

I weigh in on Saturday so I cant wait to see if I am down a lb or two this week!!!

Marcie--
I am not sure that I can do 10 lbs before Oct 1 but maybe I will set a goal to be below 270 by Oct 1!

To All--
I just read Suzanne and Jennifers new journal entries and almost cried. I now understand why Suzanne never replied to me regarding setting up our own thread. Read the journals.

Last edited by Jibbelle : 09-06-2001 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-06-2001, 05:35 PM   #39

Hey everyone!

I have had a time trying to post... edited my profile again... see if it helps.

Marcie, you are just too I hope that things are still looking up.

Jibelle, I hope that you enjoy your class & that you get your water in...

Thank you all for cheering for me over my loss of pounds. We can all do this together!

I looked on the WW recipes... as I have said... I enjoy looking at recipes.. lots of them are appealing & look as thou they could be adapted for LA with ease.

By the way, Jibbelle... no one has told me that lean pockets are allowed... duh, glad to hear that.

Today, I had a Turkey Rueben Sandwich

1 slice diet bread (starch)
1/4 c finely chopped cabbage (veg)
1 T lite TI dressing (allowed Free food/ 1 serving of 2 allowed per/day)
1/2 t mustard (this would use another Free food serving, may wish to omit or omit dressing)
Sliced turkey (protein)
1 slice reduced fat Swiss cheese (dair)

Combine & toss cabbage with lite dressing (OR mustard OR lite mayo)

Cut bread slice in half
spread with mustard, if so desired

Top 1/2 with sliced turkey

Top turkey with cabbage mixture

Top with cheese, if so desired

Top with other 1/2 bread slice

Spray skillet w/pam. Cook on each side until cheese melts. Serve immediately.

I was lazy and just heated mine open-faced in the microwave & then just folded it over... but, it would be good grilled.

Have a great OP evening & may each of you see results when you weigh-in!

Nancy

ps... i'll take a look at Suzanne's journals.
Old 09-06-2001, 05:38 PM   #40

oops, just wanted to say hello to Sue, Lorrie, Dianem... & any others... I haven't forgot about you ladies either... just need to get some sleep.

I hope that all of you are doing Great! & Dianem... we have some chatting to do.... welcome! KIT keep in touch

Take care,
Nancy
Old 09-06-2001, 05:57 PM   #41

Default lean pockets

Nancy-

I got a brochure from my center that has tons of frozen meals and the exchanges. It also tells you how many times a week you can have a certain meal. There are several listed that you can have as many times a week as you want. Most are Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, Michelina's, Gardenburger, Lean Pockets...a few others that I can not remember. Does anyone else have this brochure? I actually have an older one and a new one. The new one has a lot more meals that are available in my area.

If you gals like I can try to scan them in and email it out to everyone.

(Most of the meals are one starch and one protein so you still have to fix some veggies to go on the side...but frozen meals help out a lot when you are in a hurry! I have even found several that dont taste like cardboard!!!!)
Old 09-06-2001, 08:29 PM   #42

Default Hi Everyone!!!

I am SUCH a dunce! I totally forgot about going to the center today for my weigh in. This week is off because of Labor Day, so I was going to Tue, Thurs, and Sat. oops! I'll go tommorow and just make it a two visit week!

I've had a busy day today!!! Running errands all day, I probably passed by the strip mall where the center is three or four times!! OH GEEZ!!!

I met my husband and the gym earlier and I weighed myself there. It read 204 3-4, but I'll still wait until I weigh at the center to do an "official" change!!!

Diane: Welcome!!!!! We've got a GREAT group here, you'll love everyone, I know I do!!!

Marcie: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Didn't I tell you that you'd get it!!!! CELEBRATE, but not with food!!! I'm definatley on for the challange. I'm salivating to get under 200!!!

Nancy: My center also gave me a listing of acceptable frozen foods. Ask at your center, I'm sure they have them available....they also have lists of acceptable menu items from restuaraunts. I usually have something from the frozen food list when I'm working. Quick and easy, then I bring some fresh veggies to add to it.

Starting Weight 232.5
Current Weight 205.5
Goal: HOTTIE
Old 09-06-2001, 09:51 PM   #43

Gosh, all you ladies are wonderful help. I will be gone this weekend but hopefully not doing bad. I would like a copy of the frozen foods we can have. I did not know we could have lean pockets. I like them. Any kind? I would like the copy sent to me from you Jibbelle if you don't mind. Thanks.

Have a good weekend.

Old 09-07-2001, 02:23 AM   #44

Ladies,

Thanks for everything... I have just completed some work & thought that I would drop by to read any new posts...

Have a great weekend ladies!

Good Night,
Nancy
Old 09-07-2001, 06:56 AM   #45

Lorrie-

I am pretty sure that it is any kind of lean pockets. I have not found any in the store that are not on the list. I will scan in the frozen food list and email it to you this afternoon when I get home. What is your email addy again? I forget these things.

I weigh in tomorrow! By my scale at home, I have lost two lbs. It would be so nice if that turns out to be true! I will keep you gals posted!

We are switching our office with our guest room this weekend (and repainting both rooms). Starting this evening, I will probably not be around until after we get everything reassembled in the office sometime Sunday.

I will check in later today. I hope everyone has a great day!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.