LAWL Chicken Nuggets
6-8 oz chicken breast, boneless, skinless, size according to plan, cut into bite size pieces.
1/2 cup nonfat buttermilk
1/2 c breadcrumbs (recipe below)
1) Place chicken and buttermilk in bowl and refridgerate for at least 20 to 30 minutes and allow to mariinate. Drain chicken and set aside.
2) Combine breadcrumbs, salt, pepper in plastic zip-top bag.
3) Add chicken to breadcrumbs and shake bag to coat chicken.
4) Bake in 350F oven for approximately 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
Counts as: 1 Protein, 1 Starch, 1/2 Dairy
Note: Someone at COD told me that it works just as well without the buttermilk. If you omit buttermilk, omit the 1/2 dairy
6 slices light bread
1.2 t salt
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t onion powder
1/4 t oregano
1/4 t basil
1) Toast bread lightly to remove moisture.
2) Allow toast to cool.
3) Crumble toast into large bowl or food processor.
4) Mix remaining ingredients into crumb mixture. Food process works best. Mx until crumb texture.
5) Season to taste (though, I like it as stated)
Makes SIX servings....1/3 cup...Counts as 1 starch
I've used the breadcrumbs to bread pork chops and the family loved them as well.