Old 07-15-2006, 07:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/190/150

Height: 5ft 3inches

Angry la weight loss member-with thyriod disease on meds

hi i am new to the board been reading different post i am a member of la weight loss been since 3/2006 i have thyriod disease "graves disease" i am on synthriod .3mcg i used to weight 150 before i found out i had it i was given the radioactive iodine pill then i was 225 until i started l a weight loss in march now i am at 207. it's been depressing been i never weight this much before .but now i am struggling to lose this weight . hopefuling some has the same problem that i have.
navwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 08:38 PM   #2  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Welcome Navwife! I don't have your issues, but you'll find lots of support with your struggles here!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 234.4/199/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by navwife
hi i am new to the board been reading different post i am a member of la weight loss been since 3/2006 i have thyriod disease "graves disease" i am on synthriod .3mcg i used to weight 150 before i found out i had it i was given the radioactive iodine pill then i was 225 until i started l a weight loss in march now i am at 207. it's been depressing been i never weight this much before .but now i am struggling to lose this weight . hopefuling some has the same problem that i have.
You are not alone. I have an underactive thyroid as well and I was not diagnosed until after I had my ds. I definately find that it is so much easier now to gain weight and taking longer to lose but have noticed an increase in energy. Have you? I have also noticed that carbs reak havoc on my progress but I can't/won't live without them so that no carb lifestyle is not for me.

Be proud that you have lost as much as you have!
Cheekyamero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:39 AM   #4  

I have been lurking for quite a while but I wanted to respond about Graves.
I have had Graves Disease for about 6 years. I had a thyroidectomy 3 years ago and take 137 mcg levoxyl. I have gained about 70 lbs. during this ordeal and have lost 27 since I started LAWL in mid April. I know it is an overwhelming disease but for the 1st time in 6 years I feel in control. This process may be slower for us but I do think it will work if we keep plugging away.
emptynester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:30 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Wow, its weird that this topic is in here because I just got a call from my doctors telling me my test results came back and that I have hypothyroidism (hashimoto's disease). They are starting me on synthroid as well. I am glad to hear that some of you are seeing some results because I have been doing this for a month now and have not lost more than 3 pounds. I hope the synthroid works and helps to regulate the issue.
cherrycolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:40 AM   #6  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

I have had hypothyroidism since I was pregnant with my last baby(2004). I will have it the rest of my life. I have been taking synthroid since 2004 and I started LAWL oct 2005 and I lost alot of weight.So it can be done as soon as you have it under control.While I was pregnant I gained alot of weight cause they coulnt keep my synthroid at the right levels.They kept having to increase it.Then after the baby they had to decrease it. It was a mess for awhile.But now I have been on the same dose for over a year and I am doing great.So you should be ok.i wish you the best
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote