3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   L A Weight loss and Corn Flakes!? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/88664-l-weight-loss-corn-flakes.html)

Lamis 07-07-2006 10:08 AM

L A Weight loss and Corn Flakes!?

Hello Everyone:

I have been on LAWL for a month now and managed to loss 9 pounds so far slow but good start, anyway my question was why do they list corn flakes as a carb craver when it only has 2 grams of suger per serving. i usually would like to start my day with cereal and i really hate what they have listed as allowed cereals does anyoone know?!!! your feedback is appreaciated .

PURPLEPIRATE99 07-07-2006 10:19 AM

In order to have a cereal and it count as a starch on the program - my understanding is that it can't have sugar or salt in the first five ingredients listed....Their are only a few like that for example - All Bran, puffed wheat, puffed rice, puffed corn and a few kashi cereals.

I bet Corn flakes is CC because of the carb content - very little fiber- the added sugar and the processing......

winkie03 07-07-2006 10:46 AM

I agree with HeatherPP.

Debbie24 07-07-2006 10:57 AM

I know this doesnt sound great but fiber 1 is on their list and its good IMO. I had it for the 1st time on LAWL & thought i would hate it. at 1st it wasnt great but i love it now and you get all that extra fiber. I actually crave fiber 1 now. Give them a try, you might like it.

Just a little side note, i'm not sure how it will work with you but if i have cereal every day my weight loss slows down because its a heavier starch.

juliemarie 07-07-2006 11:02 AM

Yeah-some of the new cereals took some getting used to-but i really like them now-the kashi cereals-the one that kind of like cheerios is good. Also the GO Lean ones. Very good with a banana or berries.

I'm a fake egg/lf cheese/mini bagel sandwich kinda breakfast girl though. Breakfast is one of my biggest meals.

PURPLEPIRATE99 07-07-2006 11:14 AM

JM - I love that KASHI heart to heart - so so yummy -

I agree with Debbie about switching up on the breakfast too -

juliemarie 07-07-2006 11:16 AM

PP-that's the one! I can never remember the name . . .

winkie03 07-07-2006 11:21 AM

Have any of you tried the Nature's Path Flax Plus cereal? That's what I've been eating everyday (well, 5 out of 7 days) since I started this program in May. These with 8th continent light vanilla soy milk, yummy!

PURPLEPIRATE99 07-07-2006 11:36 AM

hmmmmm, I'm really up in the air on the soy milk - is it really any good? I hate to buy a whole container and then not like it

winkie03 07-07-2006 11:41 AM

i like it, especially the vanilla flavor. I wish there was a way you can try a little bit......hmmmm? and it's only 60 calories for 8oz. you can't beat that.

dawn78 07-07-2006 11:43 AM

I'm with you Heather, I always want to try the chocolate 8th continent soy milk but I'm afraid I'll hate it. I don't even know if chocolate is considered to be on plan, but I'm curious on the taste.

juliemarie 07-07-2006 11:46 AM

You know-a box of soymilk is pretty cheap. Pretty much worth it if you really end up loving it.

As for choc milk-I hear it's pretty good, but last nite I used the sf ff choc syrup in skim milk. Yum! that's the way to use that syrup. Cuz otherwise-it's pretty weird tasting!

PURPLEPIRATE99 07-07-2006 03:19 PM

JulieMarie - you are so right - does anyone suggest any particular brands.... So is 8th continent really good?

Debbie24 07-07-2006 03:35 PM

Hey how is the texture on soy milk? is it thick??

mandalinn82 07-07-2006 03:38 PM

Silk soymilk makes single-serving containers - 8.25 oz, sold in packs of 3 or in some places, individually. I know they do this with the shelf-stable products (these are basically ultra-sterilized so that you can store them in a pantry, not in the fridge), but may have individual servings in the refrigerated varieties as well. If you wanted to give it a try you could see if you could find a single serve container.

My local Starbucks has the single-serve ones available - you might not be able to get the light vanilla, but at least you can spend a dollar or two and see if you like the soy flavor, then buy the lighter version (sweetened with splenda) in a bigger container if you like it.