Old 07-06-2006, 08:14 AM   #106  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, ladies!

HeatherCP, congrats on the outstanding loss!!!!! How impressive! As for the COD, give me a break! How many of us on here on not doing bars and having mucho success??? I have never even tried a bar, and feel pretty great about how quickly I'm losing! My COD has the same problems yours does, it seems -- staffing issues. I see a different person every time I go in any more. It's frustrating because I have to explain things OVER AND OVER to those people. *sigh* I loved my COD when I started, but since then, there is not one person left.

Cherrycolor, good for you on carrying your weight well! So sorry about the systemic infection -- how awful!!! But I'm glad to know you have such confidence in LAWL that you returned.

Cassi, I like your point about reminding them to recognize accomplishments. SOmetimes, they really need it!

Joan, congratulations!!!! 26 lbs!!! You are going to be there in no time!

Lea Ann, I've heard good things about that movie. Haven't seen it. But maybe I'll get a friend to go this weekend.

Debbie and Bre, I saw a special on the Rice Diet a few years ago. Looked like most of those people were in a facility while dieting so that they could monitor intake, etc.

Trish, sorry that your COD didn't do so great with the coupons. Ours didn't offer anything like that from what I saw. BUT, great NSV on sticking to the lean cuising and skipping the root beer float! Also, I haven't seen a new menu plan. I'll ask about that on Friday.

As for me, we're going out to lunch for a co-worker's birthday today. We have parties here EVERY week. So far, I have skipped all of the cake, ice cream, etc. I really don't even want to go to lunch today. I will make a wise choice (grilled shrimp or chicken salad), but my body reacts to sodium. And I WANT to hit 80 lbs on Friday's WI ... so ... not sure what to do. I will just do the lemon water, drink lots of water today, and be sure to bring my own salad dressing. Maybe that will minimize the impact ...
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:16 AM   #107  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

HeatherPP, sorry, we posted at the same time! Sorry about TOM giving you the blues. Hopefully Savannah will feel better today and you can get some much deserved sleep tonight!!!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:25 AM   #108  
PurpleSunshine

Hey Erin - Thanks - I sure hope so - She is at daycare - she isn't feeling too too bad, just not her usual self - if you KWIM!!!

Trish - Just wanted to say - I had to add a glitter name - hope you don't mind the copy!!! those are just too fun!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:10 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good morning, all. No time for personals this morning, as work is busy right now, but good luck to everyone for a POP day!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:11 AM   #110  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning chickies!! Just wanted to say "congratulations" to all that are a little lighter. I'm a pound lighter this morning. Woo-hoo!! 27 more to go!!

I might have to go and see "The Devil Wears Prada" too, Lea Ann, I'm easily amused myself.

HeatherPP - glad that your little girl is doing better. Hope you have a good day!

Joan - We're neck and neck girl!!! Congratulations on that 1 pound loss.

HeatherCP - 3 pounds!! That's terrific. Who cares what the COD says.

Trish - 2 pounds gone!! yay! BTW, Can I have the new updated menu? Thank you!

To all those that I've forgotten, have a great POP day!! Talk to you chickes soon! Take Care!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:15 AM   #111  

Heather- heck I also copied from another gal on some other post here on 3fatchicks, so nawww don't mind a bit..... Sorry to hear 'bout your dd, mine spent the night at g-ma's & it was the first time in a LONG time that we didn't get awakened & had an extra body in our bed. Although most times she just crawls right over me and I don't feel her till she kicks me in the ribs.

OMG I woke up this morning and realized I have no coffee!!!! ugghh!!!!
Ninacali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #112  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Trish, Sorry about the coffee. I had the same problem. Good thing my parents live across the street, I sent DD over there with a baggie at 7:30 this morning to borrow some!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:08 PM   #113  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninacali
Oh!! Did anyone get an updated new menu plan? Or is this old news and since I'm new my COD may be behind? A couple of changes- 3 celery ribs instead of 1, added stuff like coconut milk, broth, persimmons and also recommend CC meals only 1-2 times a week?
I havent heard about any changes either... Hmmmm
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:12 PM   #114  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandlePrincess
Way to go Joan!!!!! WHOOOO HOOO!!!!

Heather thanks.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:23 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Trish - I got an updated list at Friday's WI
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:25 PM   #116  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

ninacali and cassi - you mind sharing the new updated list? Thank you!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:30 PM   #117  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLEPIRATE99
Joan - wow girl -you are the LAWL master hunh? melting away 1 lb at a time - Hey, would you mind posting a sample menu - I would just like to see what your eating....
Heather, sure... heres what I typically do...

Breakfast:
4 oz Yogurt (Dannon Lite & Fit comes in CUTE little four oz containers - 12 to a pack)I'm not a huge breakfast eater, never have been.

Mid AM: (about 10:00 am)
4 oz yogurt
1 C Cantalope

Lunch:
A Protien, could be 6 oz of gr. turkey in a salad, 2 bocca burgers on a slice of lite bread (Sara Lee Delightful), or a LA Slim Down.
2 Veggies: Usually a salad consisting of a cup of lettuce and a quarter of a cucumber

Mid PM: (About 3:00 pm)
1 c cantlope

Dinner:
Protien - could be beef, chicken, tuna, salmon, pork chops... whatever I have that will stay on the plan.
Usually I have a cup of Broccoli or Culliflower (I'm not a Big veggie eater)

Evening Snack: (about 8 to 9 pm)
I usually have a Fruit, any starches or veggies I still need to get in

Specifically, here's what I did early this week:

Breakfast:
4 oz yogurt (1/2 dairy)

Mid am:
1 c cantalope (f)

Lunch:
2 egg eggsalad (P)
1 TBSP Lite Mayo (Fa)
1 slice lite Bread (S)
4 oz yogurt (1/2 d)

Mid PM:
1 c cantalope (F)

Dinner: Turkey Salad (I put the turkey in the lettuce salad)
6 oz gr. turkey (P)
1 c lettuce, 1/4 cucumber (2V)
1 c cooked broccoli (2V)
1 c cantalop (F) (Kind of dessert)

Evening Snack:
Skinny Cow Fudge Bar (S)

Condiments:
2 TBSP Kraft Fat Free 1000 Island Dressing

Sorry this is so long. This is a pretty typical day for me...

Last edited by StargazerJMK; 07-06-2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:33 PM   #118  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkie03
Joan - We're neck and neck girl!!! Congratulations on that 1 pound loss.
Evette, you bet. I'm hoping to keep this pace up. I can deal with one pound at a time, just so long as its not a pound a week.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:16 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 302/286/190

Height: 5'10"

Default Yeah to a great start for July........

Starting week 7 of LAWL, weighed in yesterday lost 3.5 lbs. since last friday. I am soooooooooooooooooooo happy. I really didnt think I could do this. I am a bored eater, so I try to stay as buisy as I can. I start back to the gym next week. I cant wait, I have really felt the lack of energy these last two weeks from not going. Hubby comes home in Nov. so I need to get my butt in gear. Have a great day ladies...

jcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:36 PM   #120  
Missing Ohio

Repo and PurplePirate - thanks for wanting me to stay.

PurplePirate and Boosmom - listed below is some of the info from The Rice Diet Report book. I'm reading a library copy of the Rice Diet Solution which only has three phases and have ordered but it hasn't arrived yet. So far the older one is working for me though. I could never afford the to go to the Rice House in Durham, NC for the inhouse treatment.

THE RICE DIET

Phase 1
This is the first part of the Rice Diet. You decide when you are ready to move onto Phase 2 of the diet. I urge you to at least try and stay on the Phase 1 section for at least two weeks. Remember, the longer you stay on Phase 1 the more weight you lose in that period of time. People have been known to stay in this phase for months.
You may substitute one cup of unsweetened juice for a fruit instead of eating the actual fruit. Juices allowed are apple, apricot, cran-apple, cran-grape, grapefruit, grape (purple or white), orange, pineapple, prune, and peach nectar. No vegetable juices are allowed due to sodium content.
Be sure to drink at least 24 ounces of fluids a day but no more than 40 ounces. You may drink water, tea (regular, or decaf), decaf coffee, or lemonade (made at home with water, juice, and Equal only).
No salt is allowed in this diet! Repeat - NO SALT IS ALLOWED IN THIS DIET! Now that we have that cleared, you may use fresh lemon juice for the salty taste, and Equal for sweet taste, but no other spices can be used. Do NOT use salt substitutes. Do not use bottled or canned lemon juices.
Think you are going to feel like cheating? There is an allowable cheat every now and again...chew gum. Sometimes I have a sweet tooth so bad, that I chew gum for lunch. In fact, I bought a bucket of gum when I decided to go back on this diet. After chewing gum for 30 minutes my jaws hurt to bad to even think about eating!
Below is the list of foods that are permitted during this phase. The only unlimited things you can have are lemons, and limes.
I loved lemons so much that I used to eat 3 whole lemons before I had my supper and 1 for a snack before bed, which you are not supposed to have, but it didn't seem to hurt my diet! I actually looked forward to eating supper at night. One more day accomplished! One more good diet day gone by! Besides, I could eat as many as I wanted. I believe that lemons actually help curb your appetite.
Breakfast:
1 fruit
any non-alcoholic beverage

Lunch:
2 fruits
1 portion of cooked rice or its equivalent
Dinner:
2 fruits

RICE AND Its EQUIVALENTS
Rice...any rice, except wild rice can be used. Wash rice before cooking. Use only water to cook rice and add no salts. One serving is 3/4 cup cooked rice per meal.
Puffed rice...use plain, unsweetened rice. Up to 1 1/2 cups puffed rice per meal.
Puffed wheat...use only plain, unsweetened kind. Up to 1 1/2 cups puffed wheat per meal.
Shredded wheat... plain, unsweetened kind. One whole biscuit is one serving and 2/3 cup of the spoon sized shredded wheat is one serving.
Cream of rice...prepare according to package instructions with water only. One serving is 3/4 cup cooked cereal.
FRUIT
CANNED FRUITS, BOTH WATER AND SUGAR PACKED, MAY BE SERVED WITH 2 TSB. OF JUICE PER SERVING.
Apples - fresh, 1 medium; dried, 1/4 cup;
Applesauce - unsweetened, 1 cup; unsweetened, 1/2 cup
Apricots - fresh, 3 average; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup; canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; dried, 1/4 cup
Bananas - 1 medium; dried bananas not allowed
Blueberries - fresh, 1 cup; canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup; frozen, sweetened, 1/4 cup
Cantaloupe - 1/2 average
Cherries - fresh, 1 cup; canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup; dried, 1/4 cup
Cranberries - sauce, 1/4 cup; jellied, 1/4 cup
Fruit cocktail - canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup
Grapefruit - fresh, 1/2
sections, canned, sweetened, 1 cup
Honeydew melon - fresh, 1/5
Lemon - fresh - as desired
Lime - fresh - as desired
Mandarin orange - fresh, 2 small; canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup
Mango - fresh, 1 medium
Melon balls - frozen, sweetened, 3/4 cup
Nectarine - 1 medium
Orange - fresh, 1 medium
Peaches - fresh, 1 medium or 1 large; canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup; dried, 1/4 cup
Pears - fresh, 1 medium; canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup; dried, 1/4 cup
Pineapple - fresh, 1/4; dried, 1/4 cup
Pineapple slices, chunks, tidbits, and crushed - canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup
Plums - fresh, 2 small or 1 medium or large; canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup
Raisins - boxed, 1/3 cup (one 1 1/2 oz. pkg.)
Strawberries - fresh, 1 cup; frozen, sweetened, 1/4 cup; frozen, unsweetened, 1/2 cup
canned, sweetened, 1/2 cup; canned, unsweetened, 1 cup
Tangelo - fresh, 1 average
Tangerine - fresh, 1 average
Watermelon - fresh, 1 slice, 10" diameter, 1" thick (about 2 cups)

Phase 2
You should have been on Phase 1 for at least 2 weeks now and I know that you just can't take it anymore. This phase introduces tomatoes and a great tomato sauce and I am sure that you are so happy to hear this by now!
I know that these are trying times with food and you probably just want to throw in the towel and give up. I know the feeling, but hey, doesn't it feel good to pat yourself on the back because you lost a few more pounds today? Think about it while you read through this next little piece.
Breakfast:
1 fruit

Lunch:
Tomato Sauce
1 fruit

Dinner:
Tomato Salad
1 fruit

Phase 3
In Phase 3 you can now add vegetable to your diet. Do not use any vegetables that are not on your list. I don't care if you think that they are healthy or not. Certain vegetables are not allowed on this diet such as celery, watercress, beans, peas, and etc. due to their high sodium content.
Please use fresh vegetables, as they benefit you more with their vitamins and nutrients. If you choose to use frozen vegetables, please make sure there is no sodium in them! DO NOT use canned vegetable because the sodium used in canning them.
VEGETABLES
Artichoke - fresh - 1 medium, once weekly
Asparagus - fresh, 1/2" in diameter at base - 15 to 20; frozen - 1/2 package
Bamboo shoots - fresh - 8 ounces
Beans, green, yellow, or wax - fresh - 1 to 1 1/2 cups; frozen - 1 to 1 1/2 cups
Beets - fresh - 3/4 cup, weekly
Broccoli - fresh or frozen - 1 to 1 1/2 cups
Brussel sprouts - fresh or frozen - 1 to 1 1/2 cups
Cabbage, red or white - 1 to 1/2 cups
Carrots - fresh or frozen - 1 to 1 1/2 cups, weekly
Cauliflower - fresh - 1/4 large head; frozen - 1 1/2 to 2 cups
Collards - fresh or frozen - 1 cup
Corn - frozen - 3/4 cup; on cob - 1 5" ear
Cucumbers - fresh, peeled - 2 whole
Eggplant - fresh, peeled - 1 1/2 to 2 cups
Kale - fresh or frozen - 1 1/2 to 2 cups, once weekly
Leeks - fresh - 4 ounces
Lettuce - fresh - 1/2 average head
Mushrooms - fresh - 1 to 1 1/2 cups
Mustard greens - fresh or frozen - 8 ounces
Okra - fresh or frozen - 8 ounces
Onions, any kind - fresh - 2 medium
Peas, green - fresh or frozen - 2/3 cup
Peas, snow - fresh or frozen - 4 to 6 ounces
Peppers, any kind - fresh - 2 whole
Potatoes, any kind - fresh, peeled - 1 medium
Pumpkin - fresh - 1 cup
Radish - fresh - 1 1/2 to 2 cups
Sprouts, any kind - fresh - 1 1/2 to 2 cups
Squash, summer, yellow, zucchini - fresh - 1 1/2 to 2 cups
Squash, winter, butternut, acorn, Hubbard - fresh - 2/3 cups
Tomatoes - fresh - 2 average
Tomatoes, cherry - fresh - 16
Tomato paste, no sodium - 1/4 cup
Turnip greens - fresh - 1 1/2 to 2 cups
Turnips, white - fresh - 1/2 cup, once weekly
Water chestnuts - 8 ounces

Phase 4
WOW! I am really impressed with your progress! Well, I am glad to say that now we are going to be able to add meats to your diet. Fun hunh? Well, let's get started on the rules and regulations of this new phase!
You can only have meat one time a week for the first week. Then, when you move into your second week you can have it twice, and so on and so forth. By the end of the fifth week you may have meats once a day everyday of the week!
You may only have white meat during this phase. One serving is 3 to 4 ounces of meat. You must remove all skin and fat from meat before cooking. Do not fry meats. You may bake, broil, boil, or grill, but NEVER fry meats. When you eat fish, do not eat any Salmon, Mackerel, Sardines, Mullet, Bluefish, Herring, Tuna, or Pompano. Eat only fresh fish! You can eat NO shellfish whatsoever due to the sodium content! NONE! No shrimp, lobster, clams, oysters, etc.
You may also now include in your diet, Turkey, 2 to 3 ounces; Tofu - 4 to 6 ounces, before cooked; dried peas and dried beans, and legumes, one half-cup measure before cooked.
Breakfast:
1/2 grapefruit
Decaffeinated coffee
Lunch:
Vegetable Soup
White rice
Tomato salad w/ green peppers & salad dressing
Tea
Dinner:
Fish Fillets covered with
Rice Diet Tomato Sauce
1/2 Cantaloupe
Tea

Phase 5
you can now add starches, grains, and eggs to your diet menus. You can also start adding some condiments to your diet. These condiments count as a free item, so use all that you would like.
This phase is to be used after about 7 to 9 weeks of Phase 4. But don't worry; you are slowly getting there!

Below is the list of foods you are allowed to have.
Breakfast:
Oatmeal with honey
Decaffeinated coffee
Lunch:
2 rice cakes
Baked potato
Tomato salad w/ green peppers & salad dressing
Tea
Dinner:
3 ounces turkey covered with Rice Diet Tomato Sauce
1 large apple
Tea
STARCHES, GRAINS, AND EGGS
Pasta, any kind except for spinach pasta - 1/2 cup, after cooking
Bread, salt free - 1 slice
Melba toast - 3 pieces
Matzo - 3/4 of a piece
Rice cakes, unsalted - 2 cakes
Pretzels, unsalted - 3/4 of an ounce
Tortillas, unsalted - 1 tortilla
Oatmeal - 2/3 of a cup, cooked
Cornmeal - 1/4 cup dry
Grits - 2/3 cup, cooked
Farina - 2/3 cup, cooked
Eggs - 1 egg equals one portion
Vinegar, any kind - as much as desired
Garlic and Onion, fresh only - as much as desired
Dill - fresh only, as much as desired
Parsley - fresh only, as much as desired
Honey - Maximum - 1 tablespoon per day
Mustard - dry only, as much as desired
Vegetable sprays - salt free only, use as needed

Phase 6
You are now at the maintenance part of this diet. You should have been on Phase 5 for about 2 months, or longer. In this phase there is no new recipes, but you can now add skim milk, unsalted butter, plain yogurt, unsalted cheeses, 2 to 3 ounces of poultry, 3 to 4 ounces of shellfish, 2 to 3 ounces of liver (once a week due to high cholesterol content), peanut butter (unsalted of course), nuts and seeds (be cautious these are VERY high in fat and calories!), ALL vegetables (the ones not included in phase 3 also), all herbs (use for taste and in very minute quantities), and very little salt if you desire. Use no more than an eighth of a teaspoon if you MUST eat SALT!

TIPS:
(1) Do not eat after 7 PM.
(2) Do not pig out on food...even those that are allowed.
(3) Stay away from all sodium products...including baking soda and baking powder.
(4) Stay away from sweets. After all, that is what got you here in the first place!
(5) EXERCISE!!!! You must exercise to keep body firm and metabolism up!
(6) Eat meals within an hour and a half time period. Your body will get used to you eating at certain times. Keep it that way always!
(7) If you happen to gain a few pounds, go back to Phase 1 for a few days.
(8) If you pig out one day, don't worry about it. Go on with the diet and forget it.
(9) If you are not hungry one day, you DO NOT have to eat all food allowed!

Last edited by LadyIzzy; 07-06-2006 at 01:42 PM.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote