New here............

• I started LAWL 9 weeks ago. Having someone tell me what I can and cannot eat was the only way I figured I would get the weight off. I tipped the scales in Dec. when I was pregnant with my 3rd (Conner). Which was an unexpected 12 lbs. I guess I put on a few lbs more than I though I would. I have been overweight since I was 16. After my daughter Jennifer (which is 8) I managed to loose the babyfat. But I guess after my son Brayden (4yrs.) I gave up. I didnt care what my body looked like. Then this last New Years I promised myself I would loose it, and for good this time. I want to be healthy for my kids. Plus I want to suprise my husband, who is currently deployed to Iraq, when he comes home in Nov. I started excercising 3-4 times a week before I started the LAWL diet, and I think it has helped. I lost more in inches than lbs. these 9 weeks. I love the elliptical..........I am glad to have found
    3FC...
  • Hi JCook and welcome to the Boards. They are rather quiet today, but that's probably due to the holiday weekend. I don't post a lot but there is a TON of information in this forum and it's a neat little LAWL family. From what I have read so far, everyone seems happy with the program. Good luck to you; you have all sorts of motivation to keep it going - 3 kids who need a healthy mom AND a hubbie whom I'm sure will be happy to see you no matter what. Good luck and keep up the good work.
  • jcook- welcome to the group. Join us over in the July friends and loser thread for most of the daily chatter. (extremely quiet this weekend though)
  • Welcome to the party Jcook! I'll just repeat what everyone else has said and say oh yeah, it's very quiet around here today. I imagine it'll stay quiet until wednesday.
  • Hi JCook! Welcome! This is a great group! The ladies here are very generous with their encouragement and advice.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! You are doing a great job! I think you've found a wonderful motivator to lose weight to surprise your husband! :-)

And, a sincere thank you for the sacrifices you and your husband are making for us.

All the best to you!
  • Hi jcook......welcome! I'm also fairly new to this forum and LAWL. This forum has been great, hope you also enjoy!
  • Thanks for the warm welcome. It is great to hear from others doing the LAWL plan, it gives me hope.