Old 06-24-2006, 04:11 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Monday I have app.to join lawl,a little nervous

I have no idea what I'm doing yet. I guess dazed & confused would probably be accurate. I've had some experience with 'diet'boards,and know that people come and go..& it seems most of the newbie questions are close to being the same.
So,before I even begin,I'd like to thank you for answering the questions I surely will have,and your patience. I will make an effort to find out for myself as much as I can before I ask.
That being said. Monday 6/26 is the day I pay up.
I do have a important question to ask before that. I'm 'ready' to take the plunge,but I'm still not sure about buying the extra's. I have alot to lose. Are the bars/drinks/etc. necessary to succeed? I don't want to do this half hearted,but also don't want to buy what isn't necessary.
I'm not a snacker usually,but who knows how I'll feel once I'm into it. What is your recommendation for the purchase of the extra's...and which ones are better/best/and come in handy. Are they an important part for the program to work?
Thanks abunch..
Nice to meet you all,these boards were a big part in my decision to 'go for it'.
It's time.. FOCUS~
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 04:24 PM   #2  

Focus, this place truly is such a good support group.

As far as the bars, a lot of girls do not buy them from the COD (center of doom, as we like to say around here) and there are options that are comparable calorie-wise. I personally use the Kashi go-lean crunchy squares (and they are delicious) and I know other girls substitue Lunas or Prias and have had great success. If you're not interested in the bars at all, they do have a food-only plan, and there has been great success on that as well. I do not personally use their supplements and have not found it to be a hinderance.

Be prepared for a sales pitch, but also be prepared to say no if you don't want it. Remember they are sales people and their vested interest in your weight loss is mostly financial. Good luck, post often, and stop at the friends and losers thread for the most chat!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 04:47 PM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Focused, and welcome! I do not use the bars at all. I have had great success with LAWL, and I do not feel like you need the bars to lose. If you chose not to do them then they will give you an all food plan instead. Good luck, and ask away!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:38 PM   #4  
taco salad

S/C/G: 191/145/130

Height: 5'2

Hey there Focused..Welcome to the boards ^^
I've been on LAWL since the 12 of June, and I've lost 7 pounds.
Thats with me substituting the LA Lights with Luna Bars (lemon zest <3)
And not using any of their suppliments at all.
I did however, buy a food scale from them. Hehe.

I've found it to be a VERY rewarding program, with or without lites, it's easy once you get the hang of it, and shortly it'll become second nature to you.
My counselors at the COD are very nice and helpful, and they keep me motivated no matter what.

Anyways, welcome, and I hope you like it ^^
CassyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:43 PM   #5  

Hi,
I just joined this week. I did end up buying the lites. Yes it was lots of money. I'm hoping (know I know, it will keep me on track)
I did however lose 4lbs so far already, so I'm on my way.

Keep us up to date on your weigt loss
*Laura*
*Laura* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:13 AM   #6  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Welcome to the boards and to LAWL! I'd mostly just be repeating what everyone else said. I personally use luna bars (Peanut butter cookie!) and I like them because they are a good place to go to when I get hungry and it is not time for a meal and snacking is out of the question.

The first time I was on LAWL I went through the center (I do not go through it now) and I tried a few of their supplements and I found them to be worthless as well. If you really wanted to try supplements, get similiar ones from your local Target or Walmart or something. It'll be plenty cheaper. I take a multi-vitamin for women and that's it and I buy it for $13 a month. But I'd take that even if I wasn't on LAWL.

So I hope you find great successes on LAWL and I look forward to chatting with you in the future!
Sommer
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:36 AM   #7  
slowlyshrinking

I don't have much to add, except that it is very possible to do well without the lites. Also, some people (well, me, at least) have problems tolerating the lites, and have some rather unpleasant GI symptoms. I didn't realize that was what was going on, thought it was just the rather radical change in my diet. I was really glad I delayed purchasing the lites, because I think I would have been stuck with a whole lot of them if I had made the bulk purchase the day it was offered.

That said, I've had great success without using the lites. Use the COD for what you need. My center isn't the best, lots of turnover of staff, and I'm guessing they get paid on commission for supplement sales, because there's lots of pressure to buy the supplements. I just say no, and after almost a year, they have kind of given up on me. But, going in three times a week really helps me stick with the program. So, good luck, ask questions, and we'll see you on 3fatchicks!
slowlyshrinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:51 AM   #8  

~~ Welcome Focus !~~~

I've been doing LAWL since January 1 and lost 27.8lbs; while this is slower than the average joe, I also do alot of exercise (weight training and cardio combined, but more weight training 3x a week) -- nothing huge, but that has slowed my weight loss down; however I feel it in my body 150% more;

When I joined I had a friend who gave me the sales info upfront; I actually told them I am allergic to peanutbutter and soy. That really isnt too much of a lie because while I can tolerate the pb, when I was using the southbeach diet bars and slimfast shakes, I would get horrible migranes; about 3x a week. I finally cut them out and have been fine; weird

I paid $99 for an initiation fee which included the scale, TO juice and bloodwork -- if they charge you for that make sure they do it -- it took them about 4+ weeks to get mine done finally (while at first they told me they couldnt tell me what plan to do until my bloodwork was back -- go figure).

I think the plan does work -- it gives you accountability, one-on-one counseling and the plan is more strict than others, which I need (If I am told I can have "anything" I usually will). I knew I could not afford $1500 -- but instead I got in on a great promo and buy extra weeks when they go on sale (Initially bought 25 weeks of weightloss (50lbs))

Good luck!
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:39 AM   #9  

Height: 5'7.5"

Morning everyone..and thank you for your encouragement,and tips..Tomorrow as I mentioned I go in,and begin. I'm excited,focused,and a little aprehensive,all pretty 'normal' I think. That's ok. Yesterday I looked for one of those weight trackers to put under my posts. I found the weight tracker place,can't remember the name,and they gave me one that I didn't choose,and don't like. I tried several times to get rid of that one,and choose my own,but couldn't do it..got frustrated,and just left it. Anyone have a tip on getting the ticker/tracker of one's choice? Gee,I know it's not a biggie..but I am setting up for blast off 100%,this is only a small part to set the stage. I want to see that little thingie move!Have a wonderful Sunday everyone, we are looking at a heat wave for the next 4days..not a favorite of mine, but pat on the back bcuz we walked 30min this very very early a.m. ~focused~
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:53 AM   #10  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

focused--did you try the ones at this site? Go to UserCP at the top os this page, then click on edit signature, and then there are instructions on creating a ticker--good luck--if you have problems--just ask--we all have to sometimes!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:29 PM   #11  
Losing the Weight!

Hey Focused! Welcome! I'm on the Purple plan with NO extras, and as you can see, I'm doing pretty well. I don't have much to add about the supplements as I take my own multivitiman and its working pretty well.

As to the lites, I don't do them, but I'm still taking it off.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Focus -

I've only been on plan since mid March. I do use the LA Lites, and I love them. My center started being pushy on everything else, but I kept telling them no no no. I told them I'm not good about taking vitamins, etc. and they laid off. When I want to try something, I ask them.

at your appointment today!! It's soooo exciting!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:13 AM   #13  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Focus good luck on your appointment today! Don't let them freak you out into buying everything in the world and remember that this is a positive life change! And you always have us!
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote