Summer Sass Plan - Never ever give up!

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • Summer is here!!! Time to enjoy all the bounty of the garden and share our stories. Anyone is welcome to join in with judi, Alice, LaDean, Cindy, and I. We are always trying, never giving up - there may be stall outs but we know what we gotta do. I am full of cliches today - it isn't over 'til it's over is one that comes to mind. This is the season that I will personally go from obese to merely overweight. I am 45 lbs. from my goal, when I have lived at 145 lbs. from my goal this seems truly svelte. Let's enjoy the journey.
  • Ledom. a cute board title. thanks for giving us a cute one and i am truly ready for summer losses to. so we will go for it and we will do it reach our goals. good luck and have a great day
    Hi. judi, aleka and cindy... have a good day.
  • How is your garden coming along LaDean? I know it is much cooler out your way than here. I have been getting nice things at our farmer's market. The first tomatoes have started coming in.

My body finally decided to let go of a chunk of weight this week after several weeks of not. I'll never figure out how that works. I am happy for this weeks loss though. One more lb. and I will move out of the obese category.
  • Morning Ledom. well garden is coming up good. one spot better then other one. as we have 2 large gardens. have a lot across road and one and then lot next to our house and one. but keeps hubby busy and he loves that. ha oh tomatoes already how neat. ours will be awhile yet. i hope i do not take a allergic reaction to them this year. ha ha always cannot wait till have some. oh the farmers markets are nice to go to. yes cooler then there. but having warmer days now. 100 for weekend it says. i will be in. do not care for it that warm. my scales were up 4.25 lbs last week but i did not complain with all the eating out and different things on reno trip. loved it and at my age i will enjoy all. ha ha i have a new week and day. having my fruit this early this am. Oh so happy for you and a loss. i know i can eat and loss then watch it and gain at times. but i take it all now. ha well have a good day now. You to aleka, judi and cindy.. we can and will lose. together is fun.
  • Morning LaDean. Missing you judi and Alice, I hope you are doing well and enjoying summer.

All is well here, not much new. We are predicted to have a weather reprieve early this week w/ temps. in the 80's and low humidity. I plan to take advantage by heading back out to the lake for a couple of days. I have become such a hedonist - just having fun this summer seems to be my MO.

Diet and exercise rocking along, had a great week last week and now the scale is just sitting still. In a tight 14 now and just really loving that. When I hold up my latest pair of jeans and look at them they look so small. I know it is all relative and many would think that they are still huge. Not me though, I am happy to be here.
  • ps - There is an incredibly cute picture of a boston terrier puppy here

cuteoverload.com or cuteoverload dot com
  • Good title: Never Give Up!
    Amen to that!! Greetings everyone

Sorry I have been MIA but we have been experiencing unusually fine weather and I have been gardening. It has been such fun. You have two gardens LaDean ... good for you!!! I wish I could have tomatoes but there is just not enough sun even for the patio ones. I have flowers though. Last week I planted 3 rose bushes the floribunda type. They are candy striped and scented. They are so nice and I have great hopes for them. When my GS was last here he was running thru the garden and all around the beds and the lawn. It looked like the place was very magical for him. It was so nice to see that. I remember being very young and the garden seeming like a very enchanted and special place.

Last Sat. I attended the NHL draft which was exciting.

No weight loss news...I have been just staying the same. I have only half heartedly been Shangri-la ing. I am just trying to stay at 1650 calories a day and get in a min. of 30 minutes exercise. I signed on to MyFoodDiary.com again ... it is just the easiest way to do it for me.

I loved the picture of the kayak Ledom. Boy, you have really hit your groove dieting Ledom. You are in the ZONE !!!

LaDean and Alice are you still doing the Shangri-la diet? How is it going???

Thanks for that cute site Alice. I bookmarked it.
  • HI, well i forget to do the oil. so this morning back to it. ha i am down good this week. so happy about that. glad all is going good your way judi. yes 2 big gardens here for sure. got lots of tomatoe plants and there doing ok. and cucumbers and potatoes. that is the garden.. keeps hubby busy he loves it. He does it mostly. has his way so i just do not get into it till ready to pick then i can do that. ha ha does not hurt my feelings. ha ha we have dalias mine are getting ready to bloom. then got lots of roses. love them. there so pretty this year. glad you have a flower garden to. i love flowers. gardens are fun to. we have 2 large lots then the lot with house and all. have yard work on it to. keeps him busy but he is a worker. ha ha wish i could just keep up with him. would have this wt off for sure. i did get out in heat and do the side fence weeding flowers the other day. wanted to get use to the heat before summer and all. never made me sick so was happy about that. i worked up a good sweat. ha good for me. well hey all of you have a good day. Ledom that is the cutest site just loved the picture. thanks for sharing. LaDean
  • Good afternoon everyone,

I've been MIA, I really hadn't done much in the weight dept. I couldn't take anymore of that oil on the Shangrila diet. I took the plunge this morning and joined Weight Watchers....yet again. I got a phamphlet in the mail offering free registration, so thought I'd take advantage of it. Wish me luck!

LaDean, that's great having 2 gardens. You must do a lot of canning in the fall. It's hard to do any gardening down here because of the fire ants. You never know where they're lurking. DH dug up a bush out back and unbeknownst to him the roots were infested with fire ants. He had some pretty good bits on his torso.

ledom, thank you for that link. Those pictures were adorable. When Lacee was a puppy she had that same dot on the top of her head that the puppy in the picture had. As she got older it filled in a bit.

judi, it sounds like you've been enjoying yourself gardening. All your flowers sound beautiful. Are you back on the Shangrila diet?

Have a great afternoon everyone.

P.S. I almost forgot! Yesterday afternoon a very young, FL Panther was walking in our neighbor's yard out back, on the other side of our fence. At first I thought it was an ordinary cat, but when I got a clearer look, I realized it was no ordinary house cat. It was a little big bigger than Lacee. I was surprised that I didn't see the mother lurking about. I think I've seen more wildlife down here than I saw in NH.
  • Hey Guys - So glad everyone checked in. Did we lose you Cindy?

I took advantage of a couple of cooler, low humidity days to go to the lake again. I have found a camping spot that I might just take up permanent residence at!

Oh Judi - your garden sounds divine. I'd love to watch your gs run through it. That just sounds like what life is all about and what makes all your work on it worthwhile. And LaDean - I want to walk in your garden too. You must have a beautiful place.

Alice - a panther!!! How exciting? I love seeing wildlife. Today when I was out on the lake I saw something interesting. I was paddling along the shore and saw two turtle nests next to each other. The eggs looked like they had just hatched. After noticing that I saw the most amazing rock right next to them. I live in an area where quartz crystals are found and there are lots of white crystals all over the lake but this one was covered with many many clear quartz points. I had to bring it home with me.

Anyway, I am home now and it is countdown time for the trip. I leave in 2 1/2 weeks. OMG - I am so excited! Is there any way I can lose 4 lbs. between now and then? I would love to hit the 180's before then, it would just make me feel so good. I think I am going to count calories and try to keep them on the low side between now and then, and drink a lot of water, and keep up my workouts. It seems like things have really slowed down lately! Well, maybe I am just feeling impatient. No matter - it is all as it should be.
  • You lost me for a while, but here I am again - wait, I think it's me you're talking about - it's been so long that maybe it's a different Cindy you're wondering about! I do believe I've been gone for ages - can't remember the last time I posted - back in March maybe???

Work has been horrible for months - I'm on a software launch project that takes up all of my time, and then there is travel to sites for training. I head to China (Hong Kong area and Shanghai) on the 15th, for two weeks. Then it will be over for a bit - only US travel after that.

And I'm a stess eater, so I'm sure you can put 2+2 together - I've gained more than I care to admit right now, and am struggling to get things under control.

I joined a WW@work group that started up yesterday - not sure if I'll really follow their program or not, but was looking for some motivation and support, and maybe some accountability. Since it's during working hours, I can get away during the week, whereas once I'm home I want nothing to do with the computer.

So, I'm hoping you guys will let me back in your group and will bear with me. I'm feeling quite negative about myself lately, and it's hard not to be constantly beating myself up about letting this happen.

I need to start working out again, but have no motivation or energy to make time for it. I hate that I know what I need to do, but just can't seem to make myself do it....

Anyway, I'm here, and I intend to try to stick around. Maybe just reading about your successes will give me the kick in the butt I need!
    Cindy
  • Yay Cindy - yes you! and it's so good to have you back!

Stop feeling bad about yourself right now~that's an order! That is totally not productive.

It sounds like you a have taken a step in the right direction by joining WW - you and Alice can compare notes here maybe since you both have just joined.

Your travel sounds so exciting.

You see the title here about never giving up - if I thought and became discouraged by all the times I haven't suceeded at losing weight I'd be so depressed. It just isn't worth going there. We all know how incredibly difficult losing weight is, if it was easy we would all be thin now.

So anyway, once again it is great to hear from you. Check in as often as you can!
  • Hi, my hubby does alot of the canning. help. he cans pickles in gallon jars. gives alot of this away. does tomatoes and juice. and then we have the potatoes . have a big freezer on patio that does not work so store our potatoes in it. he loves his garden and it and yard work gives him lots to do. i help with the eating and preparing for canning. keeps us both busy picking and all. a friend gets some and cans. so not to bad. i love fresh ones. apples will be good this year to. we have bout 10 apple trees about. oh never heard of those ants. we have earwigs that are bad in things. that would be awful do not blame you for not wanting to have one. Oh its so good to come here and visit with all of you and share. aleka ww that is neat. my friend just joined a group and so i went back to watching points. as can still do plan i am on and count pts to. with jorge cruise just eat certain times. the oil i keep forgetting. well have a good day all of you. LaDean
  • LaDean - sounds like you have a keeper when it comes to husbands.

How is everyone doing? Any big plans for the holiday?

I plan to grill for DD and my mother. Lots of meat - I have chicken, shrimp, kebalsa. I'll make a couple vegetable sides, watermelon, maybe a key lime pie as I have lots of limes left from the last one I made. I'll be sending leftover home with my guests.

All my focus is getting everything done in order to enjoy my trip. Sorry if I mention it every time i post, I am just so excited. I have thought of it and anticipated it for so long, I can't believe it is almost here. I am going to leave a day earlier than I thought, the 14th as where we plan on staying it's easier to get rooms if you don't go on the weekend. That's fine with me, the sooner the better.

Happy Holiday to all and judi as you are Canadian, you should celebrate too as an honorary guest.
  • Hi, so happy your getting to take your trip ledom. that is really something to be excited about. you be as excited as you want on here. oh your 4th sounds so good. wish i was there. nothing planned for us. we stay off roads and pretty close to home. i may go to my brothers for bbq. sometimes they have one. but always fireworks at nite up there. so will be there for those. today cooler it says. i hope. been pretty warm but good for garden. yes i have the greatest hubby. he loves to work and stay busy. me now i take retirement alittle more. ha ha oh well works for us. i need to get cars washed. i do it to play in water more. ha ha just got up and scales are looking good. so that is always good thing first of morning. Hey girls have a great day now. enjoy your 4th to the fullest. LaDean