3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Morningstar Products (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/87373-morningstar-products.html)

deetsmom 06-20-2006 08:04 PM

Morningstar Products

Im just now, trying the breakfast patties, they are 80 cals and most of it, protein. How do you all use them, any neat recipe ideas other than having them in a sandwich or with eggs? And, what would you count them as? I dont recall them being in "the book"....

stiesta 06-20-2006 08:11 PM

I usually count those as 1/2 protein. I figure calorie wise, that may even be a little low. I have cut them up and put them in an omelete, and I love them on 1/2 english muffin w/ an egg. So good, huh? Have you tried their veggie burgers? I really like those as well. :D

Gamababa3 06-20-2006 08:13 PM

I copied some one else on here and I eat the patties with a 2oz bagel and egg and sometimes cheese. It is very good enjoy!

I forgot you wanted to know how to count them. I usually count then as 1 P, which includes the egg & cheese to make it one and then 1 S for the bagel.

deetsmom 06-20-2006 08:22 PM

sounds good, skinny:)

PURPLEPIRATE99 06-21-2006 11:02 AM

I just tried their veggie portabella mushroom burgers the other day - and they were great too!!!

Barb - yes, I use the patties alot as well. I usually count the two patties as 1 P. The burgers would probably be the same 2/1P.

I can't wait to try the spinach and artichoke bites - they're new

winkie03 06-21-2006 11:27 AM

I've never tried these Morningstar products, but I will now! They sound good. I did visit their website this morning and those spinach and artichoke bites do look delicious.

Heather- you'll have to tell me how they are and how to count them. (i.e 1S/1V? any how many)

dolphn545 06-21-2006 11:39 AM

I'm on a breakfast burrito kick. I usually have it with just egg & cheese & hot sauce, but I added the Morningstar sausage this morning, along with a little onion. It was GOOD, and filling. I counted it as 1 P, 1/2D and 1 Fat. I only used one egg, and one patty.

juliemarie 06-21-2006 02:50 PM

winkie-

Probably only the burgers and the breakfast patties are on plan-the rest aren't quite kosher and the COD will probably give you a hard time. The spinach artichoke thingies probably have too much fat and maybe sodium. . . But take the nutrional info into your center and see what they say. It's really hard to figure out how to count it properly-you kinda have to fudge it.

deetsmom 06-21-2006 06:15 PM

I was only asking about the breakfast patties, as I didnt know what they counted as.

PURPLEPIRATE99 06-22-2006 07:55 AM

Winkie - I just got some the other day - haven't tried them yet - but I'm definitely going to - As far as how to count them I'm not sure. There are several ways you could probably do it - I don't go to the COD - so I have no idea what they would do - but after really analyzing proteins, carbs and fat. I would say it would almost be one of either of these - 1P,1S,V,Fa or 1P,2S,Fa - The carbs within these are partly due to the breading and filing, but I'm sure some are coming from the vegetarian substance plus the actual veggies inside - I think the first way of counting it would be more appropriate and that would be based on the nutritional info that kristi posted......I'm no expert and I don't work for LAWL - so this is just my best guess........

winkie03 06-22-2006 08:32 AM

I don't go to a COD as well, so i'll just stick to being on plan and just use the burgers and the breakfast patties. Thanks for your opinion Heather. I'll probably try them when I get closer to my goal. It'll be like a little treat for myself. By the way, for those burgers and breakfast patties, does it break down to 1P per pattie or 1P per 2 patties?

PURPLEPIRATE99 06-22-2006 09:21 AM

I'm not totally sure - I would have to look - I think it is 2 = 1P

missmuffet 06-22-2006 02:13 PM

I don't go to COD either. I have the red plan in front of me fm. when I did attend. The only Morningstar products they have are the Morningstar Sandwiches which count as a frozen dinner which is 1P and 1 starch.

Jackie

StargazerJMK 06-22-2006 02:17 PM

According to my Purple plan book, 2 veggie burgers are 1P. I'm not sure about the Moringstar Patties, but they sound great. I'll ask when I go to WI tomorrow and see what they say.

Bocca also makes a REALLY good Chicken patty, unfortunately it counts as 1S & 1P, but boy is it good.

winkie03 06-22-2006 02:45 PM

joan, on those regular boca burgers does it count as 1P for 2 patties?