Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 10:47 PM   #46  

KarenM~Please hang in there! You are going to be just fine! You have lot's of people in your corner! Know you are in my prayers!

Jibbelle~Sorry I clicked off tonight! Our power went out and then I got to fixing dinner and now here I am..sorry about that! Also, did you ever here from the administrators about getting us our own section so we can post different topics like WW? Just curious..thought it was a great idea!

KarenW~You have done so awesome! Keep up the good work and know no matter what you have accomplished something HUGE!! Its okay to have cravings sometimes..I am not sure you would have a pulse if not! Congrats on your loss and keep it up!

Well I drank a ton of water today actually 160 oz to be exact. I am proud to say I had a great day! I am weighing in tomorrow so hopefully I will have a loss to report!!

Talk to y'all tomorrow!
Old 08-27-2001, 10:58 PM   #47  

Just wanted to say that the scales did not budge... they didn't go up, but, they didn't go down... been there since last Wed...

Guess what? I got the purple plan... less food & going to try to resist temptations... maybe the scales will go down again.

I stayed OP today... I've made my menu for tomorrow... now, just to be good.

Jibbelle, types of clothing do make a difference... I try to wear similar things & the same shoes... how often do you weigh? 2 or 3 times per/week... at the center?

I hope that each of you has a nice evening.

Nancy
Old 08-28-2001, 06:22 AM   #48  

Hi Everyone!!!

Karen, I too have reflux. Just after getting on plan, I was put on previcid (I keep calling prilosec, but it's previcid I take! ) I have reflux, a hiatal hernia and ulcers...I'm only 28!!! My doctor said dieting will help all of that, and it's wonderful not dealing with the reflux and the heartburn all the time anymore, so that is a big motivator to stay on plan.

My scale hasn't budged either!!! I hate to think that I'm plateuing, but it's been nothing in a week!!!! UGH! Erik and I are going to sign up at the gym this morning. I'm excited about that!! I did my sit ups again last night. It was kind of funny when you think about it. I was really discouraged when I left the center yesterday, and was basically ready to quit. Erik was real supportive (not of me quiting!) and was trying to encourage me, but I was just in a miserable mood. You should have seen the look on his face when I asked him to hold my feet for the sit ups. I had stayed on plan. He told me he was glad I didn't give up!! What a sweetheart I have!!! I don't think I could really quit now...I'm down 23.5 pounds, and only 49 pounds from my own personal goal. 49 sounds so much more doable then 72.5...I've come this far, I'm not ready to quit yet!!!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!!! Let's stay on plan, and feel good about ourselfs and the choices we make today!!!! WE CAN DO IT!!

Starting Weight 232.5
Current Weight 209
GOAL HOTTIE
Old 08-28-2001, 08:02 AM   #49  

Nancy-

I have been stopping by the center 3 times a week...monday, wednesday and saturday. This is becoming a bit excessive as my life is getting more hectic. Starting next week I am backing off to 2 times a week. Probably Tuesday and Saturday.

MarcieW-

I have never gotten a message back from the administrators regarding out own forum. Maybe I will send them another message.

I am in for a crazy day, so I better get going. Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-28-2001, 09:15 AM   #50  

Sue, You are absolutely RIGHT! You have come so far.. the trip gets long and sometimes hard, but it will be worth it. You can do it! I'm glad that Erik is supportive! But, I am proud of you for tackling those sit-ups and your interest in joining the gym. With exercise, you will start feeling better and seeing results. I hope that you are 'ing on your next weigh-in day!

Jibbelle, Thanks, I had miscounted and thought that you were presently going 2 times p/wk. My interest was that I, too, would like to make to trips p'wk rather than 3... that is, when I know the ropes a little more & when I'm not stuck. I'm driving 420+ miles weekly to the center... it's just not the mileage... it's the time. I had mentioned this the first day to the reps at the center, but, they didn't really comment. I know that they are just trying to keep me on track... but, after a bit... I would like to drop it back to 2... & if, I have any problems inbetween, I could go for that 3rd at that time.

Next week will be just 2 trips, due to the holiday... I guess that I can see how I do & maybe if I'm on track... I can bring it up again.
But if not... I'm not going to complain...

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Nancy
Old 08-28-2001, 12:20 PM   #51  

Default 420 MILES????

Nancy, You drive 420 miles each week to the center? THAT'S DEDICATION!!!!!! My center is only about 15 minutes from my house. I had considered joining about a year ago, but at the time we lived about an hour from the center, and I didn't think I could faithfully make the drive three days a week! (just an excuse maybe?) YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Well it's time to wake my hubby up so we can go to the gym and sign up. WHOO HOOOO I'm excited about this. I saw an ad where they are offering a two for one special right now. The whole amount isn't in our budget this pay week, but we are planning on putting half down and the other half down next pay period. I'm hoping that we will be able to start with the half down though! I hate thinking about money!! If we can't start, at least we'll have the money down and I'll know that it's only a matter of time before we can!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Starting Weight 232.5
Current Weight 209
Goal: HOTTIE
Old 08-28-2001, 03:06 PM   #52  

THANKS Sue!

We are sorta used to driving... but 3 trips... I would like to make it 2... that is when I get the hang of it.

But, I appreciate you kind words and your support!

I hope that you have a nice time at the gym... I think that it is fantastic that your hubby is going... something that you can do together. You go Girl!

I've been following the purple plan today... doing ok.

My counselor suggested:

2 fruits for breaksfast... I had a grapefruit, sprinkle with 1 pkt Splenda & 8 oz water

1 fruit for mid am... I had 10 grapes & 16 oz water

1 protein, 2 starch, & 1 veg for lunch... I had a turkey slice on 2 slices of diet bread, lettuce, 1 T TI lite dressing (no reduced mayo in the house), & a slice of diet cheese (my dairy for the day) & a diet coke

mid pm a LA Lite... I didn't make it till mid pm... i had a Honey Nougat NU-Lite bar shortly after lunch (think that diet coke is to blame... I'v cut back to fewer than 6 per/wk... a milestone for me) & 16 oz of water.

dinner, 1 protein & 3 veg, followed by a LA Lite... wish me luck

I'm doing ok right now... going to try to eat dinner early.... so, that I can get my walking in... missed it yesterday.

I almost fogot... I wanted to share that site with everyone once again... just in case that you missed it & were interested. I really like the format of the daily diet tracker... I added a coulumn for my LA LItes and water to the left of the food groups. I am using it along side my LA Diary... should give me a track of everything that I am eating and drinking. It kinda duplicated the LA Diary... but, as I said I like its format & I like the idea of keeping up with my calorie and sodium intake as well..

For a FREE daily diet tracker, scroll down to printable forms, enter med,health,&fitness

Have a nice evening,
Nancy
Old 08-28-2001, 07:07 PM   #53  

Hi everyone,

I weighed in Today....down 4 3/4 lbs. WhoooooHoooo
I am happy. Doing the Red Plan too. Now to keep it going.

Hope everyone else is doing good too.

I measure everything to make sure I am not overdoing it. I even measure the lite mayo in my Tuna. I think that is the secret. Not to get lazy and weigh and measure everything.
Old 08-28-2001, 07:41 PM   #54  

WOW LORRIE!!!
Congrats on the great loss!!! I hope I can say the same on Saturday.
Old 08-28-2001, 09:15 PM   #55  

Way to go Lorrie!

That is fantastic news! You have a right to be shouting from the rooftops! Keep up the good work!

Where did you get your scales for measuring food?

Nancy
Old 08-28-2001, 11:34 PM   #56  

Thumbs down AWESOME!!!

Lorrie,

Way to go!!!! That is AWESOME!!! Keep up the good work!!! You are

Well we went and joined the gym!!! They did let us start with half down. We found out that you can pay monthly too, but we still put half down, and we'll put the other half down next pay period! I went in this evening and took a kickboxing class. WHEW! It was hard, but I finished the entire class, so I'm proud of myself. I LOVE this gym. The people are all so nice, and they aren't all body beautifuls either! (which helps people like me) They offer everything. cardiovascular, nautilus, weight training, step areobics, kickboxing, tanning, sauna, day care, just about everything under the sun. And the rate is awesome. It was only 249.00 for both Erik and I for a year. My best friend used to run a gym down in Florida, and she says that's a great rate. She is a certified personal trainer, so she is going to come with me on Saturday and help me get started on a cardio program. The gym also offers trainers, but I want to use my friend. We were cheerleaders together in high school, so it will be nice for her to help me get back into shape.

Anyway....I have weigh in tommorow. I hope to see that scale go down some more. Good Luck to everyone!!!

Starting weight 232.5
Current weight 209
Goal: HOTTIE
Old 08-28-2001, 11:58 PM   #57  

Sue,

I'm glad that things went well at the gym! I know that you must be excited. I hope that you and Erik will enjoy your membership.

Keep exercising! & keep feeling GREAT!

I didn't get to walk... it rained.... hopefully, tomorrow. I stayed OP today...

Hope that everyone has a GREAT OP Wednesday...

I'm supposed to go weigh in tomorrow... sure hope that the scale is moving down... I've been good.

Nancy
Old 08-29-2001, 07:57 AM   #58  

Nancy, I just got my scales from Meijers. I have 2 of them. LOL

I need to start exercising now. To me starting an exercise program is worse than starting a diet. LOL
Old 08-29-2001, 10:49 AM   #59  

Lorrie~ WEIGH TO GO!! I am so excited for you!! WOO HOO! Keep up the great work!!

Sue~ That is a awesome rate!! I am glad your first class went well!
Old 08-29-2001, 01:49 PM   #60  

Unhappy Putting Plan on Hold!

Hey guys! Well I just wanted to let you all know that I am going to have to put the program on hold till the end of Sept. I still do not have a job and with no income coming in from me it is impossible to do the plan 100%. I will still do the very best I can and I hope you guys don't mind me hanging out here still. It's just until I have some income coming in I cannot go grocery shopping. Things are pretty tough right now and I am just trying to keep my head above water. I am in the running for the job that I went on the interview with last week. I am still waiting to hear and get an offer. Even if I do get the job, they get paid once a month, so I wouldn't get a pay check until Sept. 30. Anyway..just wanted to let you all know what is going on and I hope you don't mind me still hanging out here!

Thanks!
Marcie
Closed Thread