LA Weight Loss #33

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • Hi gals,

I thought I would wright and tell you that I am still here and kicking.

Last Thurs we (hubby and I) went to our counseling session and he basically told the gal that he told me that he wanted to move to Fl which he did but he didn't say that either you go or we are through. He never said that. So he once again made me look like the bad guy in all of this. She told me that I need to move on. But it's hard to do that when he is still living at the house at least until we get it sold. What an ******* he is.

Karen M
  • YUMMY!
    Hey all!

I made chicken parmasean from the plan! WOOHOO

OK..here it is

Crush your 2 slices of melba toast and use it to bread the chicken breast. My breast ( ) was a little wet so the crumbs stuck to it nicely. I cooked it in just a dab of canola oil (fat for the day), browning it nicely on both sides.

To make the sauce I peeled and diced a small tomato, chopped a little bit of green pepper, onion and a mushroom. Put it all in a teflon skillet on simmer. I added italian seasonings (oregano, thyme, basil..whatever you like), some fresh garlic, salt and pepper to taste. It got pretty runny, but after simmering about 30 minutes it was a pretty thick consistancy.

I sprayed a baking dish with pam and put in the coated and cooked breast. Put the sauce (more like a thick chutney) on top of the chicken. I added cheese on top for my dairy and baked in the oven for about 30 min at 350. It was really good and very moist! This recipe does however use a lot of your food allowances: protein, starch, veggie, dairy, fat. BUT I think it was worth it and my boyfriend liked it too.

Try it and tell me what you think!
  • Jibbelle,

It sounds yummy! Keep the recipes coming... especially those OP

Karen,

I hope that you are having a better day!

Nancy
  • Rough Weekend
    Hey everyone! Well I am back from my trip to the lake to see my parents and just as I thought I did bad...although I didn't do nearly as bad as I used to. Instead of eggs and bacon and biscuits I had fruit. That was huge for me. But today was rough..anyway...I am back home and ready to just get back on plan. I feel so yucky when I eat bad!

Karen~ I am so sorry that you are having a rough time..I agree move on! Hang in there and let us know how you are doing!

Jibbell~ Congrats on your loss!! It has to feel good to lose! Also you are so smart to come up with all of these recipes!! Way to go on turning down the pretzel!

Sassemom and Nancy~ You're right at least the scale didn't go up! I bet you will lose the next time!! Keep up the good work!!

Lorrie~ Hope you had a good weekend...I agree that it's the hardest time for me!!

Well back on track tomorrow!! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend...OH! and I forgot to tell you that I didn't get to weigh in on Friday which I am so disapointed about. After packing for the weekend I ran out of time before I had to take my personality test and then we left right afterwards. I will go on Tuesday!!

Goodnight!
    Marcie
  • Marciew,

It sounds like you did some controlling this weekend. Yes, weekends are tough! But, don't give up on yourself. Give yourself some time. Old habits die hard & it sounded to me as if you did make some sacrifices.

Just remember when the going gets tuff... you are not alone. You are on a journey to a "new you".

Feel good about yourself and about what you turned away. We can't complete this journey in one day, or one weekend.

Let's learn to say what we can have ______ instead of that "treat" or that certain food(s) rather than saying I can't have a "treat" or "certain food". They say that it helps not to feel so deprived.

I fudged a little... tried to acknowledge to myself that I was.... did it anyhow... but, I did control my portions... had just a sampling... sometimes they say just 2 or 3 sm bites do the trick. But it's still NOT OP, is it?

What can I say?

Just Be Happy! Remember what you did right... not so much what you did wrong & just strive for more rights & maybe we will get there.

Nancy
  • Thanks Nancy for the encouragement!! I am back on track today and that is a big thing. I learned before that if you ever get off track for a day or whatever, make sure you jump right back on full force. If not then it turns into a snowball effect and boom you are right back where you started!

Let's have a great week ladies and let's make those scales move down!!!!

Marcie
  • Hi everyone, well I made it thru the weekend and stayed on Program, I am so proud of myself. I even weighed and measured everything. Got all my water in too. Just hope the scales show it tomorrow when I weigh in. Hope everyone else had a good weekend.
  • HI!!
    Hi Everyone!!!!! Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

Marcie, It sounds as though you did a good job this weekend. It is SO hard to stay on plan with family functions and when you are out of the "norm". So good job!!!

I stayed on plan this weekend, but I weighed myself this morning and didn't see any difference. It's hard to tell with my home scale though, because it fluctuates. I thought I had it figured out to five pounds different then the LA scale, but I don't know. I have a hard time trusting it. I'll see today when I go for my weigh in.

Karen, I'm glad you are still with us!! I know you are going through a hard time right now. You are in my thoughts and prayers!! Stay strong for YOU!!!!

I'm starting to get a little frusterated. I'm starting to want the junk I've given up. But hubby is keeping me strong. I know this is a journey, and a lifestlye change, but after 5+ weeks on the program I'm starting to get a little frusterated. I keep telling myself I've come so far, and I don't want to backtrack, but it's hard!!!!! I'm very lucky in a lot of ways, because I have a supportive spouse and these boards. I feel accountable!!! I know I can do this, and for the first time in my life, I truly believe I can be thin (or at least not fat!!!) AND healthy. My husband does sit ups and push ups every night, and last night I did 20 sit ups!!!! It might not sound like much, but it was HARD, and I felt soooo good afterwards. I've always been heavy, but I used to be in good shape. I'm starting to strech my muscles again. I want to be able to do a split again!!!!!

Starting Weight 232.5
    Current Weight 209
    Goal: HOTTIE
  • Sue~ Way to go on the situps!! You'll have a flat tummy in no time! I know it is hard when the junk starts tempting you again, but just go to your closet and think about something that fits that didnt fit before. That always gets me going! Keep up the good work! You are doing awesome!

Lorrie~Congrats on a great weekend! Didn't it feel so good to wake up this morning and know how well you did?? I bet you see great results tomorrow at weigh in!
  • Sue, sit-ups & staying on plan... keep it up... that's wonderful! I know what you mean about the home scales... wish that I had some better ones...

I'm dreading going to weigh-in today... hope the scales are going down..

My daughter & I started walking again... it had been way too long... we walked a mile Sat & just short of a mile Sunday... told her that I would like to do it at least 3 times per/wk, but more sure wouldn't hurt.

Lorrie, I'm glad that you had an OP weekend. I am proud that you were in control... That's fantastic... Keep it up! plus, I hope that it is contageous... OP, that is.

Marcie, you are so welcome! I needed to pay heed too... My daughter-in-law made one of my special recipes... that is a family favorite... it is definitely not OP... (I want to try to redo the recipe so that it is... or at least closer to OP) Chicken Tetrazzina... it is so hard not to feel deprived at times & then I don't want to deprive the whole family... anyhow, right or wrong... more wrong than right... I limited myself to 2 T of it.... I called myself using portion control.... felt that if I didn't have any... I would keep eating everything that I could put my hands on.... thus, I had a serving... like, I told them... I didn't eat the entire 9x13 dish....

WHAT are you supposed to do?

I hope that it didn't totally blow everything... I have just got to take control. Suggestions welcome...

So far today... I'm back OP... going to try to stay OP...

Remember your water...

Nancy
  • Sue, don't give up, you have done so good. I know it is hard but just think how wonderful you will feel when you are a hotty. You are almost there. Hang in there. Remember, you eat to live not live to eat.

We are all doing so good, we can all be proud together. What would life be if there weren't some struggles to get thru.

• Very Well Said Lorrie!!!
  • Hi, Ladies! I am so behind here. We are having problems with our interent server. They are so slow. I lost at my weigh in today. I was worried I wouldn't. I only lost 1/2 a pound. I did cheat today. I am just craving all those sugary foods. I guess I need to lean to resist. I only have 3 weeks left of my program. I have been doign this since Jan and I am getting tired. I am still trying but I am actually happy right now. I exercise so much I know I am getting toned and losing some fat no matter what the scale says. I plan to keep exercising and I am starting to love it. I just wish I had more time to lose. My program only gave me 33 weeks to lose 100 pounds which is over 3 pounds a week. I am happy now just wish I had done better at resisting the snacks.

Welcome new people! Sorry I took so long!

Karen M, i hope you are OK. It must be so hard having him around!

I need to go now my son needs me!
  • It sounds like several of us have had rough weekends. It is good to see that everyone is back on track now!! And everyone is so supportive of one other...we should all be proud of ourselves.

I have no interesting or astounding news to report. I had weigh in today and I was up a pound from Saturday but most likely because I was wearing shorts on Saturday and jeans today. I also weigh on Saturday mornings...and I weighed this afternoon. So...I will wait until this Saturday to see what my real loss is.

Need to hit the books! Have a good afternoon all!
  • Sue,

I have been where you are many a time but you know what kept me from going off the wagon is that I use to have such bad reflux and that's what is keeping me going. I have to admit that these past few weeks have been hel for me as far as the reflux but I have been sticking to my diet so that it doesn't get out of control. What a deal huh espeically with the divorce and everything. But now I am on the mend. I am going to be getting up at FOURTHIRTY in the am to do my workout so I can make my goal and starting to feel better about myself. So stick with it and you will make it with flying colors.

Thank god for my parents. I don't know what I would do without them. They have helped me out a great deal through this and I am very greatful for that. I don't know what I would have done if I had been out of state when all of this happend. The scary part is that when he pulled the plug on me I wasn't thinking straight, and it scared the **** out of me.

Well I will close for now.

Karen M