3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weight Loss #33

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2001, 10:58 AM   #16

Nancy~ Congrats on doing so well eating out!! Well, I wouldn't say watermelon and carrots are a great combo, but I needed to get them in. I live in Alabama...I am from Tennessee.

Jibbelle~Sorry to hear the class was boring! Hope you have a great day off!

Well I am going to weigh in today..I'll let y'all know the results!!

Have a great day!!

Lot's of Water!!

Marcie
Old 08-24-2001, 11:10 AM   #17

Default FF dressings Paula's and others

dietingrme,

I do not know if Paula's is in Texas only. The label says it is made in California, so I would think not. I am sure there are many tasty fat free dressings, the key for me was I started to look beyond the Kraft brands. I happened to find the Paula's in a big supermarket, but if that does not work, health food stores would probably have some.

I did a websearch and found this on a website in New Zealand lol, so they ship there....

Paula’s (USA)
Paula's of California produce a range of tasty No Oil and No Fat dressings which contain no cholesterol , are low in sodium, and contain no artificial ingredients. These high quality products are versatile and unique. Superb on salads, they are more than just dressings and make excellent seasonings for cooked vegetables, as well as elegant marinades for fish, poultry and meats. Paula's also produce quality B.B.Q. marinades as well as a mayonaise and tartare sauce.

And I found this on a garlic lover's website...

Paula's No-Fat Roasted Garlic Dressing contains absolutely no oil, fat or cholesterol and is low in sodium. It is a superb dressing for greens and a delightful complement to seafood, poultry, pasta and fruit salads. Garlic Survival's Garlic Honey Mustard Dressing is not only fat free but also Award Winning! This light dijon dressing is just right to add a little zest to your greens, or use it as a tangy vegetable dip.

I just found out about Paula's myself but the lemon dill is really good and now I want to try some other varities. I did not find a website for Paula's itself but I will look on the bottle when I get home in case it is on the label and I missed it. Worse comes to worse, ask your local grocer to try and find them or do a web search using paula's dressings and you can probably order them online.
Old 08-24-2001, 11:16 AM   #18

Default found the website...

The Paula's website is www.sweetadelaide.com and they have tollfree numbers, etc.
Old 08-24-2001, 01:01 PM   #19

diamongeog,

THANK YOU for going to all that trouble! I will take a look in one of the larger groceries in Pensacola.

marciew, I was only teasing about your combo... you are smart to get your veggies & fruits in... it just sounded like an unusual combination to me. I hope that you are smiling after your weight-in.

jibbelle, thank you so much for mentioning the cinnamon apples & sharing your recipe. (I omitted the margarine... thought that I may need to get it in later) I had them this am & they were so YUMMY! I can't wait to fix them for my grandson... he will love them!

Lorrie & Sue, I just wanted to say hi!

I hope that each of you and your families have a GREAT weekend!

I'd better head for the scales... hope that I am smiling, too!

Nancy
Old 08-24-2001, 01:54 PM   #20

I was talking to someone at the center who says she makes apple pie!!!

She said she takes melba toast and crumbs them. Mixes in a little melted butter and sweetner. Presses it into a lined muffin tin and puts the cinnamon apples on top and bakes it. She said you can also spinkle more of the melba toast/butter crumbles on top.

I am going to try this soooooon!
Old 08-24-2001, 09:27 PM   #21

I just made something yummy for dinner. I am not sure if you gals have thought of it yet. I sauteed some broccoli and mushrooms in a little bit of pam. When they were cooked I put some cheese on it. Once the cheese melted I put all of it on top of 1/2 a baked potato. It is very yummy. And it doesnt even taste like it is good for you!

I didnt have to use any margarine on the potato since I used my fat earlier today. I did use my dairy though (cheese). I know a lot of you use your dairy for breakfast in your shakes.

I hope everyone is doing well. I have weigh in in the morning. It is 8:21 and I am just now eating dinner, so I have to stay up late. I think we are going to rent Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal. I have not seen the latter yet.

Take care!
Old 08-24-2001, 10:37 PM   #22

Hey everyone, I weighed today... I did the same as Lorrie... darn scale was in the same place as Wednesday. I didn't beat myself up over it too bad... but, it's a little early to get stuck... I guess the scales showed the sodium in the lemon-pepper, etc. I'm going to try to work a little harder on my menu planning & planning ahead to be prepared when away from the house. Weekends are a little harder... but, I hoping to stay in control and OP.

Jibbelle, thanks for the apple pie recipe... i may have to try it... the cinnamon apples were just the bomb. My counselor looked at CINNAMON APPLE FRENCH TOAST in my diary & asked what is this? I grinned & told her... she said what a wonderful idea... I told her that I got it from another LA client online... she said that she would have to try it.

Now a stuffed potato.... without even going to Wendy's. Jibbelle comes thru again!

Thanks! Keep them coming.

Nancy
Old 08-24-2001, 10:54 PM   #23

Default Didn't go up, didn't go down

I weighed in today and I stayed exactly the same. At least the scale didn't go up!!!

When I went into the center today I was dressed up. (Had to go to traffic court afterwards) Turned out to be a good thing, because they took my picture for their "wall of fame!" I'm FAMOUS!!! It was something else to see the difference in the before and after shots!! 23.5 really makes a lot of difference!!!! It would have been cool to have gone down a little more, but I'm still so happy with my progress.

It sounds as though everyone is doing really good. LOVE the recipes!!! Keep em coming!!!

Good Luck to everyone who weighs in tommorow!!! Let's all stay OP, and be the biggest bunch of losers LAWL has ever had!!!

Starting Weight 232.5
Current Weight 209
Goal: HOTTIE
Old 08-25-2001, 12:11 AM   #24

Default diet trackin

Hey,

I was messing around and found this site:

http://householdnotebook.com/forms/home/...

If you wish, you can print you a daily diet tracker and a weekly menu planner. The forms are free. They are just a little different that our diary & I thought that I might use it as a motivational tool while trying to plan out next weeks menu as well as the grocery list.

Nancy
Old 08-25-2001, 12:19 AM   #25

Default trouble linking, try this

if you experience problems with the previous http:// try this

Scroll down & select printable forms.

Nancy
Old 08-25-2001, 12:23 AM   #26

Default strike1, strike 2, hopefully a hitting link

Sorry, for the confusion... I'm trying... I think that it will be worth it... if this link fails... just type in:

householdnotebook.com

Scroll down & select printable forms.

http://householdnotebook.com
Old 08-25-2001, 12:27 AM   #27

Default got it

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again...

If you are interested in diet trackin, after you select printable forms, scroll down and select Medical, Health, and Fitness... there you will find a free daily diet tracker.
Old 08-25-2001, 08:44 AM   #28

Hi everyone,

Well, I stayed on Program Friday. Great, but now the big challenge....the dreaded weekend. It is my hardest. I am going to keep myself busy.

I bookmarked that notebook place. That is really a neat place. Lots of different forms to fill out. Thanks for that tip.

I am also going to try the apple desert thing from Jibelle. It sounds really good.

Good luck this weekend everyone.

Old 08-25-2001, 10:04 AM   #29

Default weigh in

Good morning everyone!

I just had my weigh in. I am down one lb for the week. I guess that isnt too bad, but it isnt as well as I did the first two weeks. I am going to try and hit the gym at least 3 times a week so hopefully that will help too.

I think I have devised a plan for making chicken parmasean. I am going to try it tonight and if it works I will pass on the recipe!

I went to the zoo yesterday with my boyfriend. Whenever we go we always get soft pretzels and cheese. Not this time. But....as we have all heard. That pretzel would not have tasted as good as thin feels!!!
Old 08-25-2001, 04:10 PM   #30

Lorrie,

I'm glad that you liked the notebook site! You are going to love Jibbelle's cinnamon apples.

My hubby joined me for breakfast this morning .. guess what we had... I put the syrup on the table & he used it sparingly... he preferred the cinnamon apples. We went to our grandson's football game... while there in the stands, he told me to tell our daughter-in-law what we had had for breakfast... he really liked it... I even served him the diet bread... he recognized the difference... but, said that it wasn't bad. Jibbelle, thanks again for the recipe... keep them coming. It would be so much easier to have those that the whole family loves... it would make it easier to stay OP.

I froze water & took it to the game... my husband & daughter-in-law & son halped me drink it up... but, I grabbed another bottle just as soon as we returned... it's too hot for football! I ate a slice of melba toast, while they ate burgers at the game... I intended to take one of my nu-lite bars & went off & left it... didn't mess up lunch too bad... planning on eating out with friends tonight... I am going to have boiled shrimp. & a sm salad with lite dressing.

Jibbelle, passing up chesse pretzels... GREAT WILLPOWER! sometimes we just get in a routine & you will feel so much better setting a new pattern... KEEP it UP! Good job!

We can do this!

Take care,
Nancy
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.