Old 06-14-2006, 12:58 PM   #31  
Getting to Goal in 2006

S/C/G: 185/182.6/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm also a starch girl, Austin'sMom! I switched Monday from the Red plan to Gold. I now only have 2 starches. I thought it would be really hard for me going from 4 to 2, but surprisingly it hasn't. I have basically had one with lunch and one with dinner...works for me! I just feel that I am eating so much healthier now that I am incorporating more fruits and veggies into my eating. It really is a good, sound plan! I started it right after Memorial weekend and have lost 4.5 lbs. so far. I am definitely sticking with it! I feel I am eating so much healthier! Have a good day!

Erin
azgal32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:06 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 180/160/135

That wouldn't be so bad, but normally I have oatmeal mixed with applesauce for breakfast...
Are you liking LAWL well then?
austinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:34 PM   #33  

sorry, I was thinking chicken for 8oz (raw) purple is 2oz more than gold/blue/green
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:48 PM   #34  
Getting to Goal in 2006

AustinMom: Yes, I really like the LAWL plan. I think it is a very healthy way of eating. I used to do Weight Watchers before this and would use most of my points eating a bunch of processed junk. You can't get away with it on LA really. I could really see me eating like this forever. Never before have I eaten this many fruits and veggies...for me personally! Also, I am drinking SO much water instead of all the Diet Cokes. Now I am limiting mine to 2/day, although most days I only have one because I am so full with the water. Have a great day and good luck to you! I'll be here if you need anything.

Erin
Old 06-15-2006, 07:29 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 166/166/130

Hi AZGAL32 didn't I read that you are here in tucson? So am I, I have my first appointment tomorrow morning at 8:00 at the LA Weight Loss Center on Broadway. I ran accross this site by mistake. This seems to be a very supportive site. I really don't know what to expect. I just keep hearing that it is expensive. I don't know what expensive is but I will find out tomorrow. By reading all these it seem to be a good program and people seem to really lose the pounds I have tried everything. I sure hope this works for me. It would be neat to have a buddy in the same town.

Bye for now,
Carole

Last edited by Pittbull Lover; 06-15-2006 at 08:02 PM.
Pittbull Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:31 PM   #36  

How do you add the ticker to your postings I have only had experience with these threads when I took on line classes. I don't have that much experience with threads. Please help.

UPDATE: i figured it out!!!!!! Yah

Last edited by Pittbull Lover; 06-15-2006 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:57 PM   #37  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

pittbull lover--go to UserCP (on the purple line) at the top of the page, click on edit signature, then there are instructions on how to add a ticker. Let us know if you have any problems! Good Luck--you will love this site for support, information, and friendship. I lived in Kingman AZ the past 10 years (until this past Fall).
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:15 PM   #38  

Hi Boo'sMom, thanks. What part of texas did you move to I was born and raised in houston and moved out here to arizona about 14 years ago. Are you doing the LAWL? I am going to see about starting it tomorrow, I have heard good and bad. I guess I will find out for myself. I just hope I can afford it because if I can loose the weight and keep it off. That is worth it to me. What is working for you WOW you have lost 30 lbs and have only 8 to go. Good for you. Was it hard. One of my problems is that I HATE to exercise I work rotating shift work so it is hard for me to eat on a regular schedule. Please help.

Carole (Pittbull Lover)
Old 06-15-2006, 08:22 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Carole -
when you meet with your LAWL center tomorrow (a/k/a COD), they will go over the pricing and everything with you based on how much you want to lose. It may seem pricey, but that's because you're expected to pay for your weight loss, maintenance and stabilization all up front. Then when you go back in a couple of days, they will try to convince you to buy their LA Lites (candy bar type thing). Some people do use the lites, some don't. The program CAN be successful without the lites.
I don't really eat on a schedule neither. My COD encourages eating something, at least a bite, every 2-3 hours from the time I wake up until bed. The rationale is to keep your metabolism working!
Glad you found us. You will find lots of support on these boards!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:28 PM   #40  
on LAWL

We live outside of Amarillo--far from your side of the state! Grew up in West Texas though. Loved my time in AZ but glad to be "home".

Yes, I am doing LAWL, started Dec 30th. DH did it too and lost 42 lbs--guys stink when dieting! I personally love the program because it was/is pretty easy to stick to and they give you so many options. Just be sure and tell them your crazy schedule for them to be able to pick the best plan for you (if you should decide to do it). It's funny you asked because I just went through the WHOLE thing with my sister today, she is considering it for the Fall. You will hear plenty of bad about the program (mostly the $$) but not here. It is expensive but I would do it all over again. My loss was slow but I am now ok with that. It's very balanced and you can eat a lot of different foods--you just have to learn how to count it. I don't exercise but I am sure it would be easier if I did. I will tell you one hard truth: don't get too wrapped up in the 2 pounds per week thing--the smaller you are the less you will lose weekly--maybe not in the beginning, but it definitely slowed the closer I got to goal. Just me. Keep reading this site and you will learn TONS!!! I sure did and still do everyday. Good Luck and just ask all the questions you need--someone will know the answer.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:29 PM   #41  
on LAWL

Sherry--your M&M's look yummy!! They just keep piling up!
Old 06-15-2006, 08:31 PM   #42  

When I compare the cost of this program, to say WW for example, it's probably about the same, if not cheaper (especially if you can get your weeks on sale -- but I believe that WW is up to $13/week now). The only "bad" part is that LAWL is all upfront. But for me that was actually a good thing, because that alone keeps me committed.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:32 PM   #43  

thanks Lea Ann. I wanted something to put there for each pound lost.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:09 PM   #44  
Getting to Goal in 2006

Pitbull Lover: Hello! Yes, I'm also in Tucson! What a small world, huh? My mom goes to the same location that you'll be going to. I don't know if you read the posts from the beginning, but I am just doing it on my own. My mom is helping me out. I really like the program alot. I hope you do too. Feel free to message me anytime, we can keep each other in check. Let me know how tomorrow goes for you, alright? Talk soon.
Erin
Old 06-15-2006, 09:11 PM   #45  
Getting to Goal in 2006

Dolphn: Your M&M's are making me hungry. Just kidding! They are really cute! Have a good night!

Erin